Cigars and Pedicures

JCandKT

Stay Outta the Damn Lake! Members of Red Sox Nati
Hi all,
Long time no see.

JC and I are heading down to POR on Jan 3-Jan 8 and are so excited. Didn't know if we were going to be able to get a trip in anytime soon, and this just kind of came together a few weeks ago, so we're pretty psyched up.

We're trying to plan a low-key time (not a lot of ADR's or plans of any kind) to just see how the day takes us. Our last trip in Sept08 was planned to the minute, and while it was great, we need a trip where we just see what happens...maybe the pendulum will swing too far one way, but we shall see.

Anyways --- I really want to try a spa treatment (perhaps GF or Mandara) to get a pedicure, possibly a massage. JC would love to be able to find a quiet space to have a really nice pour of whiskey or port, possibly be able to smoke a cigar too.

Any advice/tips?

I have done a mani/pedi at both places, and would recommend to Mandara spa over the GF.
However this is just what I think.
If you just get the mani/pedi and don't let them upsell you then the Mandara is less expensive and a better quality.
I hope this helps!

Hi all,
Long time no see.

JC and I are heading down to POR on Jan 3-Jan 8 and are so excited. Didn't know if we were going to be able to get a trip in anytime soon, and this just kind of came together a few weeks ago, so we're pretty psyched up.

We're trying to plan a low-key time (not a lot of ADR's or plans of any kind) to just see how the day takes us. Our last trip in Sept08 was planned to the minute, and while it was great, we need a trip where we just see what happens...maybe the pendulum will swing too far one way, but we shall see.

Anyways --- I really want to try a spa treatment (perhaps GF or Mandara) to get a pedicure, possibly a massage. JC would love to be able to find a quiet space to have a really nice pour of whiskey or port, possibly be able to smoke a cigar too.

Any advice/tips?
Hey Strangers. Glad to see you posting.

Here's my advice. Go the spa at Saratoga Springs to get your spa treatment. The spa at Saratoga Springs is highly rated by customers. JC can walk over to Downtown Disney and head to the many restaurants like Paradiso 37, the bar at Portabello Yacht Club and have his drink there. I believe there is a Sosas Cigar shop on the West Side. Hope that helps.

There is the Sosa Cigar Shop on West Side. But if he is craving a drink and a smoke which I do quite a bit. Next to Raglan Road at DTD is Fuego by SOSA Cigars. It is a cigar bar with a very nice selection of cigars and beers, wines, and liquors. I enjoy a whisky and cigar in there quite a bit and it is a great place.

Cigars at Disney? Now you're talking my language! While most of the hotel sundries shops at Disney carry a small humidor of cigars, the best selection will be found at Sosa at Downtown Disney (the cigar shop on West Side, not the Fuego bar next to Raglan Road that is also run by Sosa but has a smaller selection). They are a bit marked up for Florida prices, yet they are still cheaper compared to prices in most other states due to their higher tobacco taxes. For spirits, Raglan Road carries a wide selection of whiskies, especially Irish and Scottish whiskies. Bongos carries a great selection of rums, and Paradiso has the tequilas covered. All of Disney's deluxe hotels carry the same, decent selection of bourbons, scotch, and a few ports. At Port Orleans, Scat Cat at French Quarter has a few more bourbons than River Roost at Riverside, and both have at least one port. They also started carrying a new label of rum, Old New Orleans Rum, in both an aged amber and cajun spiced varieties.

As for a location, if it is too cold to sit outside, your best inside locations are at Downtown Disney. Sosa has a couple of leather chairs for smoking inside the shop, but they do not serve liquor. I am not sure if they allow bringing it inside. Fuego would be best for an inside drink and smoke. If it is not too cold for enjoying the smoke outisde, I suggest a bench down by the river in Downtown Disney's West Side, a bench at nighttime by one of the plantation houses in Port Orleans Riverside's Magnolia Bend, the beach at the Polynesian (perhaps my absolute favorite!), or a bench outisde in the fireworks viewing area of the Contemporary's fourth level. I have tried all of these and really enjoy the surroundings and views. There are a couple I have wanted to check out but have not done so yet, and I am not even sure if they allow smoking. They are the balconies off of the second level of the Grand Floridian and off of the Boardwalk's Belle Vue Room Lounge.

Hope this helps!

thank you thank you thank you!
these are all such wonderful replies!!!
I'll let you know how it all turns out. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter