Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can give you some unsolicited advice as a parent who has brought three different children around the age of 1 (and as young as 6 months), invest in a slightly more expensive umbrella stroller that you can loosen the back to recline it. He'll sleep so much more comfortably, plus you'll likely have a canopy for shade.

Yeah he has a pretty good umbrella stroller that reclines and has a canopy. i guess we just thought the wagon would be a bit better for a long day at the park but from PPs it sounds like they are a bigger pain then they are worth. at least my in laws didnt spend 400$ on it haha.

Dang, my in laws bought DS(almost 1) this radio flyer wagon stroller and it fits the new dimension rules but I guess we are out of luck. too bad, we were looking forward to giving him a place to nap more comfortably during this years trip but the umbrella stroller will have to do. i wonder how many people who are not in tune with disney on a daily basis like we all are here on this board will show up to the parks with a stroller they cannot bring in, and then are told they have to take the bus back to their resort to bring the stroller back, then come all the way back to the park. going to be a lotttt of angry people

81HCWmO3rHL._AC_UL320_.jpg
That's not a "wagon stroller" but a regular wagon. Wagon strollers can be pushed and not just pulled. If it makes you feel any better, wagons have been banned for a long time so this new rule doesn't really affect you.

We saw security stop a family with a wagon entering Epcot last November, we were in a long security line so we saw and heard most of the "conversation". They were told the wagon was not allowed into the parks and offered to store it securely in the stroller area along with free use of a double stroller for that day only. The mom was fine with it but the Dad was making a bit of a stink.

Not sure if this is general procedure but I thought Disney handled it well.

Dang, my in laws bought DS(almost 1) this radio flyer wagon stroller and it fits the new dimension rules but I guess we are out of luck. too bad, we were looking forward to giving him a place to nap more comfortably during this years trip but the umbrella stroller will have to do. i wonder how many people who are not in tune with disney on a daily basis like we all are here on this board will show up to the parks with a stroller they cannot bring in, and then are told they have to take the bus back to their resort to bring the stroller back, then come all the way back to the park. going to be a lotttt of angry people

That's not a "wagon stroller" but a regular wagon. Wagon strollers can be pushed and not just pulled. If it makes you feel any better, wagons have been banned for a long time so this new rule doesn't really affect you.

Oh, I thought that because it was canvas (not plastic or metal) and folded up like an umbrella stroller it would be ok, before the ban obviously. oh well. doesnt matter now anyway haha.

I never understood why they took away the DSA near the Speedway. Keep all the times in one are
Until/unless somebody knows differently, Disney sells cigarettes.

I don’t believe they do any longer. I don’t think whether Disney sells something or not has any effect on whether they ban it or not. That’s just silly. As far as I know, they still sell cigars at Disney Springs, but you can’t smoke them there.

81HCWmO3rHL._AC_UL320_.jpg

That was always banned - anything pulled (rather than pushed) has been banned for quite a while.

I don't recommend it! I did that several times. I said, "There is smoking in designated areas only." I was told to eff off, screamed at, etc. Or people would say something like, "You don't say," as they continued to smoke. Instead I just tried to avoid them. But I do think that many, many more vapers walk around vaping where not allowed (because they think they can?). It is so obvious in their body language. They look like drug addicts. They put their heads down to where they are holding the pen, and look around surepticiously.

Wow lol you must be fun lol “ they looked like drug addicts “ lol really ? You know what a addict “ looks” like by the way they look down ? You really must give cops a class ! that is such a absurd statement .

If you have to leave the park to smoke do you have to go through security and ticket scanning again?

That's a great question. My guess is yes, you do.

I just read all the rules. Yes, the areas will be beyond security and you will have to go through security/scan again to get back in. From the looks of the photos of where they plan to put it in CA, you might as well go back to your car!

We saw security stop a family with a wagon entering Epcot last November, we were in a long security line so we saw and heard most of the "conversation". They were told the wagon was not allowed into the parks and offered to store it securely in the stroller area along with free use of a double stroller for that day only. The mom was fine with it but the Dad was making a bit of a stink.

Not sure if this is general procedure but I thought Disney handled it well.

That is what I am hoping, that there is a place to store the banned stroller near the entrance so people could just pick them up at the end of their park day, instead of having to go all the way back to their car or resort.

I don’t believe they do any longer. I don’t think whether Disney sells something or not has any effect on whether they ban it or not. That’s just silly. As far as I know, they still sell cigars at Disney Springs, but you can’t smoke them there.
Bought cigarettes at Disney last week FYI

I'm not a smoker, but people who take multiple smoke breaks in a day -- that is a super long walk for a 2 minute cigarette. Ouch.
Good, the added exercise will help offset about 1% of the negative health consequences of smoking. I just wish they would do away with all smoking areas.

That is what I am hoping, that there is a place to store the banned stroller near the entrance so people could just pick them up at the end of their park day, instead of having to go all the way back to their car or resort.
Given the sheer number of them that are being brought in, I doubt that will be the case.

Third and final request.

If this thread continues with personal attacks and comments, it will be closed.

If we can discuss these rules as it relates to theme park planning and strategies, it will stay open. Pretty simple.

This thread on the Community Board is also available for discussion on the smoking topic if so inclined: No more smoking or vaping in the parks

Thank you to the majority of posters who are staying on topic and being respectful with their posts.

Sorry but I do not feel bad for the smokers. Now I am concerned about where they will put the smoking area outside. I really don't want to start off my day by walking through a cloud of smoke. If I wanted to smell like an ashtray I would take bath in a fireplace.
Yeah, I hope it is far, far away form park entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter