• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel bad either. I get that smoking can be an addiction (I'm a former smoker), but that doesn't mean I need to feel badly that they need to walk to the front of the park if they need to feed that addiction. There are other options too. Pills, patches, gums, etc. so they can try and get through the day without. What do they do at work? I have a job where smoke breaks are not allowed and it's illegal to smoke on the property, and I know we have smokers here. They seem to manage their 8 hour day just fine.
Yep, my exact point. That is way more common than folks who get to go smoke hourly.

I thought this was all great news. I was surprised when I started seeing those stroller wagons in the parks since wagons had been prohibited for a long time - so I am very glad to see those go - they were just TOO big.

The ice one rubs me the wrong way a bit because they don't have freezer sections in their refrigerators so I can't freeze an ice pack. I sometimes keep leftovers from a prior dinner and pack them with some ice for lunch the next day. But, I can deal by dumping my ice before security - and going to ask for more once inside the park. Annoying - but whatever - I guess there's a reason. A dry ice ban I do understand as the pranks that can be pulled with that are really inappropriate - and could be frightening to others. And it can be hard to for security to spot the difference consistently.

And hopefully they enforce the smoking thing!
Just bring ziplock bags an fill hem at the ice machine at your hotel

LOL.. maybe they'll give them some photos of types of strollers that are too big
Though really, I can't think of any stroller that would be too big if the double strollers aren't. What is bigger than those? Do they make 3 across?
I saw a mom pushing 4 babies (quads, so cute) at POR last trip. The stroller had 2x2...so sat 4 total. It really wasn't huge, but I don't think I would fit the requirements.

LOL.. maybe they'll give them some photos of types of strollers that are too big
Though really, I can't think of any stroller that would be too big if the double strollers aren't. What is bigger than those? Do they make 3 across?

Yep, there are 3-across triple strollers. Not very common but they are available.

Actually, the Keenz stroller wagon still fits in the new size guidelines, presumably why those are specifically called out as not allowed. It's much narrower and no longer than most double strollers. It is tall for it's full length, which makes it appear big.

Someone mentioned there is at least one Joovy double that will be too wide but I don't know if that's true. Some joggers may be wider than "regular" doubles. I believe the City Mini (which is a quite popular rental) is good. 31" width puts the stroller within ADA minimum requirements for doorways, I suspect that is part of the driving force behind the tightening of stroller width.

And those bike-trailer style strollers are usually big. Too wide and too long, I think.

Wow!!!
Just this week:

Keenz Stroller Wagons shared a photo.
March 25 at 3:42 PM ·
There have been some rumors going around that we want to clear up! Our Keenz 7s stroller wagons are allowed in U.S. Disney parks!
Makes you wonder if they have got some special workaround through Disney. I mean, if you ask me, those are wagons, no two ways around it.
But, is there going to be some wording in this that allows these to be used? They had to have known something was up for them to have issued this

I actually quit smoking at Disney (will be 3 years in May)....was so busy and didn't want to find the smoking areas so made it through the week...when I got home it was harder to not have one, but figured if I could go a week without one I could stick it out. So for people looking to quit I'd tell them to go to Disney.....so much better than the patch LOL :)

Last edited:
55726410_10157091447892889_7938496436696514560_n.jpg

Just found that on the Keenz Facebook page under comments.

The stroller had 2x2...so sat 4 total. It really wasn't huge, but I don't think I would fit the requirements

I wonder what she would do. That's the unfortunate thing about all of this. Some families have a genuine need for larger strollers, but because everyone had to push it, the families that need it most will suffer.

I actually quit smoking at Disney (will be 3 years in May)....was so busy and didn't want to find the smoking areas so made it through the week...when I got home it was harder to no have one but figured if I could go a week without one I could stick it out. So for people looking to quit I'd tell them to go to Disney.....so much better than the patch LOL :)

Congratulations!

From the Disney Moms panel so take with a grain of salt (or ice cube if you prefer)....

What is “loose ice”? Can I still bring ice inside water bottles? What about those bags of ice?

Michael on March 28, 2019 at 7:55 am
  • Yes, you may continue to bring ice inside water bottles or resealable bags. The new rule applies to ice that is loose within a container such as a cooler.

Lisa Mendillo on March 28, 2019 at 8:56 am

My boyfriend is a smoker and he does not go long periods of time without smoking. He smokes before he goes in to work at 7, he "steps out" for a cigarette around 830, takes his regular break around 1015 for a cigarette, he chain smokes on his hour lunch 12-1, "steps out" again around 2, takes his second regular break around 315, and then smokes a few on the way home at 4.
So that's at least 5 smoke breaks in a 9 hour park day for us. 5 times going in and out of security. Possibly all the way back to our resort or car if they ban them in the parks altogether. That is a huge blow for smokers. It will be very inconvenient for our family, and I guarantee for many others. Especially European guests.

I guess now you keep on touring and let him go for smoke breaks by himself. At least with most everyone having cell phones it is easy to catch up. Maybe you shop while he smokes.

I wonder what she would do. That's the unfortunate thing about all of this. Some families have a genuine need for larger strollers, but because everyone had to push it, the families that need it most will suffer.
I was thinking the same thing and feeling sort of sorry for her. I guess if she has another adult she would have to do 2 doubles instead of the single but that actually takes up more park/bus space so seems counterproductive.

From the Disney Moms panel so take with a grain of salt (or ice cube if you prefer)....

What is “loose ice”? Can I still bring ice inside water bottles? What about those bags of ice?

Michael on March 28, 2019 at 7:55 am
  • Yes, you may continue to bring ice inside water bottles or resealable bags. The new rule applies to ice that is loose within a container such as a cooler.

Lisa Mendillo on March 28, 2019 at 8:56 am
Right. Mentioned above too. Sadly, they are not officially official. As odd as that is. They are not much more different than a message board that Disney hired, they still don't "speak for Disney in an official capacity". You can get there and still be told no. In order to know for certain you will need to see this added to the rule/guidelines. Until then, I would consider it in question.

My boyfriend is a smoker and he does not go long periods of time without smoking. He smokes before he goes in to work at 7, he "steps out" for a cigarette around 830, takes his regular break around 1015 for a cigarette, he chain smokes on his hour lunch 12-1, "steps out" again around 2, takes his second regular break around 315, and then smokes a few on the way home at 4.
So that's at least 5 smoke breaks in a 9 hour park day for us. 5 times going in and out of security. Possibly all the way back to our resort or car if they ban them in the parks altogether. That is a huge blow for smokers. It will be very inconvenient for our family, and I guarantee for many others. Especially European guests.
Going out 5 times just to smoke is a lot of time wasted. Especially if you're going to drag all the kids with you each and every time. Good luck!

I for one welcome the stroller restrictions,on previous trips my observations were that more than a few guests with the giant land barges use them as battering rams and crowd plows. I understand that on very crowded days it can't be helped given the size of these behemoths but when you are standing still and get run into by one it hurts. that's happened to me more than once. (yes I have a child and used strollers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter