• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ciao Mickey, This is NOT Disney. The real Europe visited...8/16 - Day 9.11 & 9.12

This is going to be a slow moving pre trip report because it is still far away and also I am still planning out the days. LOL. I am starting it now though as the first 2 days I know the plans and I would like to do introductions.

Intros are first….

First up is me, Scott. I love Disney and have been going all my life. Rumor is I was there 2nd day it open (I don’t remember being I was 2) and went every year as a kid up to high school. I am married to my husband for almost 3 years now and we live in NYC and have been together for almost 14 years. I work as a Disney Travel Planner and love what I do but I am studying to become a pharmacy technician. Here I am.
16004387950_45068b7ae5_c.jpg

In october 2013 I had gastric sleeve surgery and am down about 120 lbs and probably 80 lbs since our last trip in December 2013. I am hoping to be a little more less by the trip. I have one goal and that is to ride the Harry Potter ride at Universal. Every time I have gone I have been to fat to ride it and I am determined to get on.

Next up is Vinny, the husband. he is retired and his first trip to Disney was in 2007 when we went with his sister and her family. Since then I think he has been 7 or 8 times and he loves going. I never thought that would happen but he does, as long as he gets pool time in the afternoon. LOl. here is a photo of him on our recent trip to Italy.
16005635109_4507e35b3c_c.jpg

Then we have Renee. She works in a hospital and was on our last trip to Disney with us in December 2013. I am not sure how many times before that she went. She lets me do the planning and just goes with the flow. She is a great person to travel with and am looking forward to doing it again with her. Here she is (with Simba).
16189814301_d31b5ea09a_c.jpg

Then when we get into Florida we do hope to Gerry and Dude(her dog). LOL. She is an old friend of Vinny’s who welcomed us into her home on the last trip and am looking forward to seeing her again.
15569292474_dfe224421f_c.jpg

I am sure we will try to have dinner with Scott, Vinny’s son. Hopefully we can.
15571867973_803fc4d736_c.jpg

Now when we hit Los Angeles I am hoping to see 2 friends. One is my friend Eleanor who moved out there with me a long time ago and stayed when I moved back and the other is Mary who Vinny knew and I know through him. Hoping for dinner or lunch with both of them.

Also I am hoping at Disneyland I can see Alison, Brenda and of course anyone else who can stop by.

So that those are the intros. I do hope you follow along and not too bored. This will be updated whenever, I have no set time frames for updates like I do for the Italy tr. Also will not be posting the updates in the title here so just check the link in the first post to see if there are new updates. FB friends will be seeing the updates there.

Let’s go coast 2 coast….

Sorry this is so late, but I really wanted to say .....

A coast to coast trip! Yeah! How exciting. We loved ours in 2006 - it was awesome, so I cannot wait to read about all you are planning on. :thumbsup2

And as far as your updates go ...
It is so funny to see all the excitement about things/places we are so used to seeing. But you got some REALLY great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Love that you were able to find your soap!! Great pictures and looks like a wonderful trip. Sorry I haven't replied much. I am reading along, though!!:cool1:

Sorry this is so late, but I really wanted to say .....

A coast to coast trip! Yeah! How exciting. We loved ours in 2006 - it was awesome, so I cannot wait to read about all you are planning on. :thumbsup2

And as far as your updates go ...
It is so funny to see all the excitement about things/places we are so used to seeing. But you got some REALLY great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Happy New Year!

I am looking forward to it. I am more excited to see the redwoods. LOL.
We were very excited to see it all. I would love to live over there and be able to go to these places on a quick plane or train ride.

Love that you were able to find your soap!! Great pictures and looks like a wonderful trip. Sorry I haven't replied much. I am reading along, though!!:cool1:
:thumbsup2
No problem, glad you reading.

Yay for doing your research and knowing where to find the soaps that you wanted. :thumbsup2 The markets there look like they carry a little bit of everything and I am sure that I'd love looking around them too.

I'm excited to hear all about your coast to coast trip!

Yay for doing your research and knowing where to find the soaps that you wanted. :thumbsup2 The markets there look like they carry a little bit of everything and I am sure that I'd love looking around them too.

I'm excited to hear all about your coast to coast trip!

I am excited to see what we plan to do.

We had walked some and I know I went ahead to find a potty but could not find it. I then met up with everyone and we walked down a path by a hotel so I could see this view.
15500438259_5e3f960670_c.jpg

We stopped to have a coffee. It was not the best. I had a frappe but they had a potty. LOL.
15501097547_83b317ae67_c.jpg

Looked up and saw this on a building.
15686241795_7eeaf7f33c_c.jpg

Full view.
15500432309_0d666ccab4_c.jpg

Fountain at the end of the street.
15501478800_a7df515995_c.jpg

Then we needed to cross the bridge back to the otherside.
15500899008_ce56f4359b_c.jpg

15686283635_f8f44023cb_c.jpg

I did get a view of the Ponte Vecchio from here.
15500426499_365c8104b8_c.jpg

Then I started to walk again.
15066346734_b074544b8f_c.jpg

I did stop for a selfie with the Ponte Vecchio.
15501468030_156ca7c473_c.jpg

One more statue on the bridge.
15066342854_833b172751_c.jpg

Now we were walking the streets (not that way) and heading back to the hotel.
15500416699_25f37c13ba_c.jpg

15066339524_30a46e2185_c.jpg

I think we were in an expensive area of town based on the shops. LOL.
15501460930_19203ac1f4_c.jpg

I do love Burberry.
15501073007_ac49fddff8_c.jpg

Saw this on the side of a building.
15501458570_461215777a_c.jpg

Then we saw this building (could be what the last pic was) and we went inside.
15066902313_37e3b99774_c.jpg

15066897023_2d94e15283_c.jpg

15500869938_f2010a5e62_c.jpg

then we were back to walking.
15687854472_9535b64ff4_c.jpg

I liked this building.
15686254855_bcdc3b182f_c.jpg

Then we came upon this.
15066892073_cb7cfc96fe_c.jpg

15687846732_8d57898d0e_c.jpg

15687845752_93391dedce_c.jpg

15687843152_2e96d92f2f_c.jpg

And with that I think I will stop here for now.

Up next,

Dinner and The Duomo at night.

Gorgeous pictures! And those skinny little streets with tall buildings around them -- I almost get claustrophobic just looking at the pictures!

I think this bridge is so cool. Isn't that all different shops along the bridge? What a cool idea.

Full view.
15500432309_0d666ccab4_c.jpg

I love this. It's so beautiful.

So, I got behind with the holidays, but I am still enjoying your adventures through Italy. I probably mentioned that I am reading another TR with many of the same adventures. That pig that you posted had its nose rubbed so many times (for luck I think) that its totally smooth.

I'm so excited to read all about your DL trip. That is going to be so fun!

Your stroll around Florence is great so far. I love all your details that you're capturing.

I think this bridge is so cool. Isn't that all different shops along the bridge? What a cool idea.
it is a great bridge and place to visit. Yes they are shops..

I love this. It's so beautiful.

So, I got behind with the holidays, but I am still enjoying your adventures through Italy. I probably mentioned that I am reading another TR with many of the same adventures. That pig that you posted had its nose rubbed so many times (for luck I think) that its totally smooth.
I know that feeling. I did not touch the pig, I fear germs. LOl. Lots of people were when I was there.

I'm so excited to read all about your DL trip. That is going to be so fun!
I hope so. LOl. But that is just 2 days of 15 day trip but really excited for it.

Your stroll around Florence is great so far. I love all your details that you're capturing.
Thank you.

After our touring during the afternoon we went back to the hotel and relaxed a little. Mark & Jeff got back from their tour and they said it was great and now it was time for dinner. I think Mark & Donna stayed in this night. We decided to go real far for dinner, 3 doors down. LOL.
First we have to leave the hotel and I took more photos.
15066425344_52840d2916_c.jpg

I did a selfie on the way out.
15500969958_ed3bf7ee0f_c.jpg

Back to the hotel.
15501161207_64659fde81_c.jpg

15500967628_6af2c1ce3c_c.jpg

The restaurant we went to was “Trattoria Enzo e Piero”. Here is the Tripadvisor link.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...-Trattoria_Enzo_e_Piero-Florence_Tuscany.html

When we got there they asked if we had a reservation (we did not) and we said no but they quickly said to wait a minute and then they were ushering us through the restaurant to the back room which was full but they set up a table for us.
15662640316_fae5e3a88a_c.jpg

one of the signs outside.
15501158147_1c191ec8ac_c.jpg

Wine was had. I think I had a glass of white.
15501543690_569d38dc7f_c.jpg

I had “Giant Tortellini topped with Fresh Tomatoes and Tuscan Pecorino”.
15500963588_9ae161939f_c.jpg

it was delicious. So fresh and so good.

After dinner I wanted to see the Duomo lit up, no one else wanted to so I walked by myself.
15500489729_415e647205_c.jpg

Soon enough I was there.
15500485659_05c5bf2611_c.jpg

15686338355_a44c3479c2_c.jpg

15066976843_e9f38f4da2_c.jpg

Looks like I turned on the flash for this one.
15500949228_8ff4658d82_c.jpg

Zoomed in on the dome.
15501140127_49f1ddf542_c.jpg

15501525170_dce4f0fa37_c.jpg

15501520600_3845fe2820_c.jpg

Still regret I did not get up there.
15066394154_203fd37c7f_c.jpg

With flash.
15066964353_bf3fd848a6_c.jpg

Then I started walking back. I did want to go see Ponte Vecchio lit up but I did not want to walk by myself with my camera and no one else with me. I did see this.
15662609816_98b77b75e0_c.jpg

Universal signs. LOL.
15066959583_cf688a1025_c.jpg

Trash bins.
15686318575_e37b12008e_c.jpg

Then I was back at the hotel. I noticed this little desk.
15687915802_07b26bae8a_c.jpg

I did buy a t-shirt at Disney.
15066956893_e067c22abd_c.jpg

I did watch a little tv and then I went to sleep.

Up next,
Full day tour of Siena, Lunch at a farm/vineyard, San Gimignano & Pisa. Get ready for a LOT of photos.

Pity I wasn't on holiday with you. I would have gone with you and your camera to the Ponte Vecchio.

Fabulous looking dinner. Did you have anything else other than the tortellini and wine? Desserts are usually good in Italy. :hyper:
Lovely night shots.

I am back from my DIS vacation. I seriously needed a real break. But that does put me behind so I am responding by Days.

Day 3
I LOVE Venice.
The flower pics were very nice but you know they are a favorite subject.

The hotel looks like it was a nice place to stay. I love having courtyards to sit and relax in, maybe jot a few notes down.

The building architecture is amazing. I try to take notes when taking pictures but forget to mark what pictures are included so just confuse myself.

The one building where you made the U-Turn on the boat ride reminded me of the building in EPCOT that has the Italian restaurant. The name escapes me and I am too lazy to look it up.

I have NEVER been to a Hard Rock Café and we have one here in Philly.

Day 4
Too bad you messed up the train stations but that can happen to anyone no matter how much you plan, especially when you aren't familiar with the area.

That church was beautiful. I took a class in medieval art and it included architecture. I've loved it ever since.

Day 5
I understand the No Pictures rules in some of the older buildings or churches but it would seriously depress me. Even with no flash they are trying to protect the building or the sanctity but it's hard to put the camera down.

The Duomo - again just love the architecture, day and night.

That look you were given in the Disney Store is priceless. Probably thinking you are a crazy American tourist.

The lunch looked very good, I love Caprese. I need to look up some new adjectives for this TR.

I know you made introductions but is Barbara Vinny's sister? They have similar facial expressions.

OK All caught up. Now to try and stay that way.

Pity I wasn't on holiday with you. I would have gone with you and your camera to the Ponte Vecchio.

Fabulous looking dinner. Did you have anything else other than the tortellini and wine? Desserts are usually good in Italy. :hyper:
Lovely night shots.
Thank you. Now let's fly over so I can get that pic. :lmao:
No. With the surgery I cannot eat a lot of food. :sad1:

I am back from my DIS vacation. I seriously needed a real break. But that does put me behind so I am responding by Days.
Welcome back.

Day 3
I LOVE Venice.
The flower pics were very nice but you know they are a favorite subject.
Thank you.

The hotel looks like it was a nice place to stay. I love having courtyards to sit and relax in, maybe jot a few notes down.
Is that a hint? :rotfl2: I should have but needed pics taken.

The building architecture is amazing. I try to take notes when taking pictures but forget to mark what pictures are included so just confuse myself.
:lmao: That would confuse me too.

The one building where you made the U-Turn on the boat ride reminded me of the building in EPCOT that has the Italian restaurant. The name escapes me and I am too lazy to look it up.

I have NEVER been to a Hard Rock Café and we have one here in Philly.
I like collecting keychains and hurricane glasses from them.

Day 4
Too bad you messed up the train stations but that can happen to anyone no matter how much you plan, especially when you aren't familiar with the area.
:confused3 <--- That was me.

That church was beautiful. I took a class in medieval art and it included architecture. I've loved it ever since.

Day 5
I understand the No Pictures rules in some of the older buildings or churches but it would seriously depress me. Even with no flash they are trying to protect the building or the sanctity but it's hard to put the camera down.
It takes a lot for me not to take a pic.

The Duomo - again just love the architecture, day and night.

That look you were given in the Disney Store is priceless. Probably thinking you are a crazy American tourist.
:lmao: probably.

The lunch looked very good, I love Caprese. I need to look up some new adjectives for this TR.
:rotfl2:

I know you made introductions but is Barbara Vinny's sister? They have similar facial expressions.
Yes she is.

OK All caught up. Now to try and stay that way.
:thumbsup2 That is the hard part, I know. :rotfl:

Moer gorgeous shots...and now I am hungry for pasta! :rotfl:
Thank you. :rotfl2:

Okay...I am back and I'm sorry I fell so far behind Scott.

Love the pictures of Florence.

It looks like a lovely hotel, and dinner was good so that's always a plus. I love the "heart" picture you took.

Love Vinny's Donald shirt.

WOW....your pictures of the Duomo are spectacular. The stainglass windows are stunning.

I love the set up of the Disney store.

Happy you found your soap. :yay::yay::yay:

Lunch looks yummy and now I'm hungry again.

Beautiful bridge pictures.

You are doing Disney World and Disneyland in one trip? What are your dates?

Love all of the statues in Florence.

Wow...Duomo is even more impressive in evening pictures.

Okay...I am back and I'm sorry I fell so far behind Scott.
it happens to me all the time.

Love the pictures of Florence.
Thanks.

It looks like a lovely hotel, and dinner was good so that's always a plus. I love the "heart" picture you took.
it was a great place.

Love Vinny's Donald shirt.

WOW....your pictures of the Duomo are spectacular. The stainglass windows are stunning.
Thank you.

I love the set up of the Disney store.
it was very small to me inside.

Happy you found your soap. :yay::yay::yay:
:banana::banana:

Lunch looks yummy and now I'm hungry again.
:lmao:

Beautiful bridge pictures.
Thank you.

You are doing Disney World and Disneyland in one trip? What are your dates?
Yep. wdw is 9/27-10/3 DLR is going to be 9/23-9/25 I think. Still figuring out the California section of the trip.

Love all of the statues in Florence.

Wow...Duomo is even more impressive in evening pictures.
Thanks. I loved seeing it all lit up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter