• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Churros

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
My family absolutely loves the churros at DL, but when we went to WDW in 2005 they were stale every time we bought them. DL's are crispy, fresh and hot...most of the time we would watch them cook ours to order. Has the World improved on their version yet?

My family absolutely loves the churros at DL, but when we went to WDW in 2005 they were stale every time we bought them. DL's are crispy, fresh and hot...most of the time we would watch them cook ours to order. Has the World improved on their version yet?

I've always had similar experiences with WDW's but I had one just a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and it was probably one of the best I've had in the park (fantasyland cart). May have just been a fluke though...

I worked at Pecos Bill's Cafe/El Pirata in the 90s and outdoor foods would make the churros in our kitchens. Nothing beats a Disney churro right out of the fryer. :)

Mmmmmmm..... churros......
Last time we were at DL in 2003, I put on 10lbs just eating those!

We got a churro at DTD on the West side that was yummy, the way it was supposed to be, had them at CSR Pepper Market and they were horribly stale :confused3 I thought they would have been good there.
I agree, they are superior at DLR!

I got a Churro from the cart in MK and from the CS location in Mexico at epcot. These were better than normal but still not great. They tasted like they'd been sitting there a while.

Had several churros at Universal Orlando and they were perfect.

I had 3 churros in WDW last week - one in Frontierland (half of which was eaten by a huge gull that swooped down & stole it right out of DS12's hand!), one from Mexico in Epcot WS & the other from a cart by the Sorcerer Mickey Hat in DHS. All were fresh, hot & crispy on the outside!

IMG_5102.jpg

I would totally agree that Disney World Churros are more likely than not going to be stale.Does anyone know if Churromania is still open at the Festival Bay mall on International Drive,that place has awesome churros, these huge thick ones filled with all kinds of fillings like dulce de leche,guava,chocolate and other flavors as well as more traditional skinny churros topped with these flavors or simply sugar.I have two of these near me but since it's been a couple of years that I went to that Orlando location and the Festival bay mall that it was at last I heard is still a pretty dead mall so I wonder if they're still there.

I was so looking forward to the Churros at WDW, because of how good the ones in Disneyland are. We got them twice, once at DTD and again in Fantasyland, and they were both old and stale. Bummer :(

It's funny you would post this.... That is EXACTLY what our experience has been!

In all of my travels to WDW, the only churros I've ever tried on-property were from the cantina located at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot. They've always been fresh, presumably
because they sell so many of them, so they they're constantly refreshing their supply.

On a few occassions I've placed my order in spanish, which led to a little playful banter in spanish with the ladies behind the counter, which led to free churros in my order!

Hmm,

DW and I always get a churro at Disneyland (the cart by Splash Mountain is our favorite). It is sort of a signature snack that we relish. It would be a bummer if all they have are stale ones when we finally get to visit the World again. Warm cinammon goodness means we are at Disney! :goodvibes

Was at DW in December 2010, churros in all the parks, fresh, soft, warm and delicious. I think it is 2.75$, after having a bunch,you'd think I'd recall!

YES! We tried Churros for the first time a few trips ago and were so disappointed in the stale hard things that I expected to be like donuts.

The funny (slightly traumatizing for my daughter) story is eating them...

We were walking in liberty square and I felt a swoosh across my hair as I walked next to my daughter (wings!)

A seagull swooped down between our shoulders and tried to steal my DD's right out of her hand! But she held tight! I offered to buy her another after we threw that one out but I think she's done with churros for life.

The crazy part is that not 10 minutes prior, I have a picture of the kids standing in front of the water, holding their churros with several gulls swirling above their heads!

When I have gone during busier times, the churros were always fresh. When I have gone during value season, it has been hit or miss. I assume it is tied to the number of patrons buying them. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter