• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

church service at Poly???????

Lisa in Pa

Earning My Ears
Did I read something about a catholic church service at the Poly on Sunday mornings? Does anyone know the details?Thanks!

I have not used it in a few years, but on sunday mornings, I believe at 9 or 9:30 am a Catholic priest comes and gives mass. They used the luau pavilion to do it I think. Hope this helps :)

Church services are held at the Poly in the Luau Cove on Sundays. Catholic mass is at 8 AM and 10:15 AM. A Protestant service is held at 9 AM. Dress is casual and MK is an easy boat ride away. :)

Catholic Mass:
Luau Cove at Disney's Polynesian Resort Sundays 8:00 am and 10:15 am.

:
Protestant Services: Luau Cove at Disney's Polynesian Resort Sundays at 9:00 am.

The Catholic Mass is now only offered at 10:15 am on Sundays at the Polynesian Luau cove.

We went to the Mass the end of June and it was at 8. When did they change to only one Mass? When we went at 8 it was packed. It was a very nice Mass and the people were great.

There was an annoucement last month on Deb Wills site that they stopped the early Mass. There is now only one Mass offered on-site. There is a Saturday evening Mass and a choice of day Masses at the nearby Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine.

www.maryqueenoftheuniverse.org

Would Easter Mass at 10:15 AM at the Poly be crowded ?

We did WDW this past June and are now going back Easter 2003.
My DH who was not thrill with going the first time - fell in love with the
Dolphin and WDW while we were there. Go figure.

So we leave Holy Thursday and stay for a week in 2003.

Where to do Easter Sunday Mass ?

Originally posted by J&Z's Dad
Anyone know if there is a Saturday evening mass?

No there isn't. There is a Catholic church just off the property with a Saturday eveniong mass if you have a car. WDW doesn't provide transportation to it.

Anne

Originally posted by pooh2001
Would Easter Mass at 10:15 AM at the Poly be crowded ?

We did WDW this past June and are now going back Easter 2003.
My DH who was not thrill with going the first time - fell in love with the
Dolphin and WDW while we were there. Go figure.

So we leave Holy Thursday and stay for a week in 2003.

Where to do Easter Sunday Mass ?

Incredibly! I do believe that they sometimes offer an Easter morning mass in the CR conference center as well. If you will have a car go to Mary Queen of the Universe instead. There is also no Holy Thursday or Good Friday mass at the Poly, you will have to go offsite for those as well.

Anne

Christmas and Easter the Masses and the Protestant service are held at the Contemporary ballroom and not the Poly. The last few years, they even add a noon Mass.

The Masses at WDW are run by the Shrine I mentioned above. The Shrine was built solely to serve the visitors to Orlando. Their website will usually post the WDW Masses for Christmas and Easter as we get close to the holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter