• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Stuff Themselves Silly! THE END..on to the next TR!

Huh.....I thought I was already subscribed to this. Oh wells, time to catch up!

I love all the pic and the TR! I feel like I am there!

Yay! That was the feeling I was hoping to envoke. Glad you are having fun!

That sucks about check-in at Sci-Fi! The whole thing is just weird to me!

Your pics from inside are FANTASTIC! I swear, they look like they could be right from the Disney website! Beautiful! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I appreciate it! Yeah the check-in part was just annoying. I think it's *** we were hungry too and just wanted to be seated.

So glad that you enjoyed Sci-Fi! It's one of my favorites because it's such a fun, neat atmosphere. We went there on our last trip too and I definitely got a milkshake - it was heavenly!!! :cloud9: Can't wait to hear about 'Ohana, I have never been there but it is definitely No. 1 on my "must do next trip" list!!! :rotfl:

It is super neat! Glad we finally went. I will be sure to get to 'Ohana shortly...

I am really enjoying your trip report. Your photos are great and so is your commentary. Your TR is making me even more excited about my 1st trip (which I did not believe was possible).

Thanks! I am trying to make it interesting rather than just a photo collage with comments. I really am not a writer, but I try. ;) Wow, your first trip to Disney ever?!! That is so awesome to be able to experience it for the first time. I hope you have the time of your life!! *sings the little jingle*

We had trouble with checkin here last year too. They couldn't find our names and this was one of the times I didn't have my list of ADR numbers with me. They did give us benefit of the doubt, but said they would have to seat us at a table rather than a car, but we preferred this anyway.

This year they had our names, it just took a little while, maybe 10 minutes, to be seated.

Great pics again! I'm just gonna copy and paste this on all my posts. Absolutely beautiful!

Aww thank you, *blushes*. Sci Fi was a lot bigger than I expected, and they were actually able to accomodate some walk-ins when we went, although it was later, like for 2:30pm. So even if it was us who had screwed up we most likely would have gotten a table at some point.

We were there on the 3rd...course, now I can't remember if we saw the turtle on the 3rd or the 7th.

I keep reading and keep feeling like we were following you. Maybe on different days though. We were at rope drop for DHS and we went to Starring Rolls.

I know what you mean about wearing shorts cause it was hot. I didn't bring a lot..but I did wear some and that is rare for me.(I am ghostly pale) I just not entirely sure why you don't want to...you are so photogenic! Every picture of you looks awesome!

Ok, got more to catch up on....

Aww, you are too kind. I am only photogenic in the pictures I am posting here and I only post the good ones! And it's usually because I take them, so I know exactly where to look, how to tilt my head etc, just so I don't get a bad picture of myself. When it comes to picture taken by others...wow, I really have no idea I looked like that. LOL.

I kept thinking that I was going to run into you at some point! But I guess WDW is a lot bigger than I think it is sometimes. Hahaha.

Ok, now I am caught up. :goodvibes

As always, your photos are fantastic! I love the atmosphere of Sci Fi. I just wish I liked the food a bit more. We didn't go here on this last trip, but we did on two others. The food is good, but much like I could get anywhere here at home.

I can't wait to hear about your Ohana visit!

Yes agreed, it's more for the vibe than the food. Ohana is coming up soon!

What a great TR! I especially love all these photos. I'm scared to use my dslr while on a ride. :scared1:

Thank you! Yeah it's a bit of a learning experience. I made sure to wrap my strap securely on my wrist before we moved.

Your pictures of DHS just really make me want to be there. LOVE your pictures of Sci-Fi. My husband and I had such a good time there and we're going back in February. Its great for lunch. And I think I might have to try that salad!

Also, your pictures with Lotso are super cute, as is that top. Very Minnie!

Thanks Tina! The salad was good. It's like the traditional steakhous wedge with blue cheese dressing yum...with pot roast on the side. LOL

Huh.....I thought I was already subscribed to this. Oh wells, time to catch up!

Yay! Now you are subscribed!

Are you visiting Universal on this upcoming trip? I plan to go next year and to go the WWOHP
We won't have time to visit Universal on our upcoming trip. Our plan is already action pack. If possible, we will visit Universal some other time for 5 days. That's what we did in 2006. We stayed at Royal Pacific resort which is within Universal. It was very convenience and fun.

Now the next few minutes were annoying because they seemed to have lost our ADR even though I had the number available for them. They said, oh it wasn’t in the system, but it was on their print out. I don’t know how there could be a discrepancy, since I am sure it was from the same source, but all that mattered was they were able to seat us. Secondly, they mistook our last name for something like Crenshaw. It’s Chen. So they were calling out: Crenshaw, party of 2! And of course we ignore it as it’s not our name!! So then we waited for about 20 minutes to see everyone that checked in AFTER us for later ADRs get seated. So for the 2nd time we went to ask them what was up. And she looks at us and says, aren’t you Elizabeth Crenshaw? And I’m like, um, no it’s Su-Lynn Chen. I have no idea how they can mix it up when I clearly told them what my name was, and it doesn’t’ nothing like Elizabeth Crenshaw. Ugh. Anyways, they said they were sorry, and were able to seat us right away. OK, at least everything is good now. Hee hee.
I hate it when that happens. People murdered my last name all the time and it's only 3 letters. They always spell it with 4 letters. Drove me nut!!:mad: However, the fun thing would be when my DW made the reservation under her name, people always give her the strange look and thought it's a mistake or a joke. :rotfl2:

As for the confirmation number, I always ask the front desk to print me a copy of our ADRs during check-in. That way I can verify what's on Disney system is the same what I already have and they are still in the system.

Day 2 Part 3: We FINALLY get to ride TSM.

So the last time we were in WDW was last May, and we only got to ride TSM a few times, because the crowds were just horrendous and FP was hard to come by. But boy, the times we did get to ride, it was awesome!! Although I am not that competitive in real life, DH and I are pretty competitive with each other at Disney, hence the numerous rides on Buzz Lightyear. So this ride really brought out the fighting spirit in us. We both tackled the challenges with such oomph, our arms hurt the next day! So we were super excited to go on TSM on this trip. The FP line was still about 20 minutes long, but we finally make it on the ride, and it’s even better than we remembered it! Soooo much fun!!! Sorry, I was so giddy from being on the ride again, that I did not take any pictures of our score (this time), but DH is very proud to note that he got Best in Vehicle each time he rode.

After TSM, we ride the Backlot Express tour which we had skipped that morning. Here are some pics

4983275607_2d743d59ae_o.jpg

4983270693_733b7155bb_o.jpg

4983271267_94acc60e57_o.jpg

4983869492_d038b4820b_o.jpg

4983870012_db5359287a_o.jpg

We also did the Great Movie Ride, and I got some pretty cool pics of the ride, although on our car, the microphone wasn’t working too well, so we couldn’t really hear what the CMs was saying when they were doing their act.

Outside Mann’s Chinese Theatre

4983856056_495b09e785.jpg

Wow this ride is popular

4983259951_3074100181_o.jpg

Scenes from the ride

4983261057_40721064f6_o.jpg

4983261621_efc7b58c3e_o.jpg

4983262303_9bc6f3ac65_z.jpg

I was really really happy I got the shot of the Alien! I was so psyched!

4983263147_aaa21b4215_o.jpg

Wizard of Oz

4983265277_0b07e8b4c4_o.jpg

4983863390_015d4ebc76_z.jpg
4983266223_9cd3c0d126_z.jpg

So after this we walk around for a bit, and I decided to get a frozen chocolate banana as my snack that day. Damn I really need more snack credits. Me and DH also get a coffee. I got a chance to walk around the shops on Sunset Blvd. I went into one of the stores, I think it was Sunset Club Couture, I really like this store as it has very modern disney clothing. I see a rack of dresses - one of them was a long patterned maxi dress, it had purple and green flowers on it, and it had a v-neck and back. It also had the silhouette of Tinkerbell hidden in the patterns of the dress! It was cute. I don’t usually wear maxi dresses but I thought it would be really nice on our upcoming trip to Hawaii, and I also see another dress, which was just a pretty sundress that was strappy, blue and green and little mickey heads all over it. I like these dresses because the patterns at first don't scream Disney dress, but upon closer inspection…ahhh, there it is! It nice and subtle, which I like.

Which brings me to something OT but it happened the other day when I was wearing my Alice in Wonderland necklace, and my coworker was commenting on how much she loved my necklace. She asked where I got it. I think she suspected that I would say something like, oh Tiffany’s or Cartier. I told her, it was Disney Couture. She was like, wait, what?? I had to repeat myself like 5 times! She couldn’t believe that something so pretty and modern could be a Disney collection. She totally thought I was bluffing! Hahaha, it goes to show how much Disney designs have evolved!

Anyways, back on topic, I see a sign on top of the rack with the dresses which said SALE 50% off. I didn’t know if it applied only to some of the dresses and not all, so I asked a CM about it, and she did a price check on one of the dresses, and it turns out that they WERE 50% off! Wow, pretty neat, that would make each dress about 23 bucks. Not bad at all. However, I wasn’t really quite sure about them, and I wasn’t really ready to do my shopping yet, so I didn’t purchase the dresses, but it was something I kept in the back of my head. I’m sure if you were at Disney recently you may have seen what I was talking about. They had them at most stores we went to. I’ll try to find a pic online, I can’t seem to find one…

Anyways, you’ll have to stay tuned to see what I purchased towards the end of the trip…did I get the dresses? Or not? :upsidedow

So by this time, it was about 5pm and we decided to head back to POFQ and rest up before our dinner at Ohana. We head back out to the busses, and the bus came sooner than expected , whew because it was HOT.

Back at POFQ, DH took a nap while I went to take some pics

4983874274_a025e0391c_o.jpg

4983876726_845f088e9d_z.jpg
4983880190_1744910d95_z.jpg

Think this was our building.

4983884952_b76c519932_o.jpg

4983289725_6b1117ef51_o.jpg

4983291515_b356007b46_z.jpg
4983290861_3b6e85294f_z.jpg

4983889176_4df02aaf33_o.jpg

I just love how pretty the grounds are! If the rooms were refurbished (which I hear they are doing soon) this would be a really top notch resort! I love how there is only 1 bus stop, and it has a very quaint vibe here, it’s also extremely quiet. A lot more than I imagined it to be! It was lovely. The beignets are the best part though. :laughing:

So after DH’s nap, we showered, got ready, and headed out to 'Ohana! Boy oh boy were we excited! I think I was Polynesian/Hawaiian in a past life, because I really feel right at home at any place with Tiki lights and leis. When we go to Hawaii, people naturally assume I am local, so they speak to me in Pidgeon. Hilarious!! DH was just excited that it was All you can eat. He didn't have an idea of what kind of food to expect except that it was Asian-Inspired. But since the night before, when we sat at Teppan Edo with the family who went to 'Ohana and raved about it, he was definitely looking forward to this.

Pics of 'Ohana coming up..

I'm finally caught up! I love all of your pictures, there are some really beautiful ones of the castle in the beginning! :lovestruc POFQ looks so pretty! I'm staying at POR in November, but I'm definitely going to take a walk over to FQ to check it out, see if I want to stay there next time! :cool1:

I love your Alice necklace and the Minnie inspired top! That would have been a cute picture with her if you met her that day!

Teppan Edo and Sci Fi look great, that's so weird how your ADR was messed up at Sci Fi though, but at least you ended up getting in! :)

Can't wait to read more!

Just found your report... you have some fantastic pictures! :goodvibes I'm thoroughly impressed with how steady of a hand you could keep in order to do the ones in SciFi. I can't wait to read/see more!

Finally, some pics that I don't think..wait...I may have just been there. ;) We spent our day in a similar manner...but I know that on Backlot Tour...those were not the volunteers...so we were not there at that show.

POFQ looks so nice. On our February trip we walked from POR to FQ (yes, for the beignets ) I have a cute pic of my dd posing with the gator. I think these two resorts are among my favorites of all the properties. Definitely a more laid back feel.

Love your pics inside Sci Fi. I love that place but the lighting always makes my pics turn out badly. Yours are beautiful!

I'm finally caught up! I love all of your pictures, there are some really beautiful ones of the castle in the beginning! :lovestruc POFQ looks so pretty! I'm staying at POR in November, but I'm definitely going to take a walk over to FQ to check it out, see if I want to stay there next time! :cool1:

I love your Alice necklace and the Minnie inspired top! That would have been a cute picture with her if you met her that day!

Teppan Edo and Sci Fi look great, that's so weird how your ADR was messed up at Sci Fi though, but at least you ended up getting in! :)

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! Yes POFQ was really convenient and really pretty to boot. We didnt' go to POR but some busses did pick up at POR during off peak times, and it looked really pretty too. Yeah, it's too bad I didn't get to take a picture with Minnie. I did see her other times, but of course I wasn't wearing the darn tank top!

Excellent TR and photos. Looks like you both had a blast!!

Thanks and welcome! We sure did!

Just found your report... you have some fantastic pictures! :goodvibes I'm thoroughly impressed with how steady of a hand you could keep in order to do the ones in SciFi. I can't wait to read/see more!

Thank you! Welcome to my TR! I was lucky with those pics I think - usually most of my pics in dark are so blurry, but I guess I was lucked out with these!

Finally, some pics that I don't think..wait...I may have just been there. ;) We spent our day in a similar manner...but I know that on Backlot Tour...those were not the volunteers...so we were not there at that show.

POFQ looks so nice. On our February trip we walked from POR to FQ (yes, for the beignets ) I have a cute pic of my dd posing with the gator. I think these two resorts are among my favorites of all the properties. Definitely a more laid back feel.

Haha, so was that you over there, when we went here, LOL. :rotfl: I think I would have definitely recognized you guys though.

Followed you over from Yuki's thread !!!

Awesome and welcome!!

Love your pics inside Sci Fi. I love that place but the lighting always makes my pics turn out badly. Yours are beautiful!

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

We won't have time to visit Universal on our upcoming trip. Our plan is already action pack. If possible, we will visit Universal some other time for 5 days. That's what we did in 2006. We stayed at Royal Pacific resort which is within Universal. It was very convenience and fun.

Sounds like a good trip to Universal. We plan to staying on property when we do go, as you get to automatically get to cut the line on some attractions right? I wonder if this includes the WWOHP rides.

I hate it when that happens. People murdered my last name all the time and it's only 3 letters. They always spell it with 4 letters. Drove me nut!!:mad: However, the fun thing would be when my DW made the reservation under her name, people always give her the strange look and thought it's a mistake or a joke. :rotfl2:

As for the confirmation number, I always ask the front desk to print me a copy of our ADRs during check-in. That way I can verify what's on Disney system is the same what I already have and they are still in the system.

That is so funny about how they don't expect your wife to have an Asian last name! It's the same when Asian women have non-Asian last names and then sometimes if you've never met them you don't expect it. I had a meeting one day with someone who worked in a different office and she had a completely American name, but when I went to meet her, she was Korean. Her husband was American. She said she gets that a lot. So funny!

That's a good idea to have the resort print out an ADR list for you. I will have to rememebr that for next time

Sounds like a good trip to Universal. We plan to staying on property when we do go, as you get to automatically get to cut the line on some attractions right? I wonder if this includes the WWOHP rides.

Yep, plus you get to enter WWOHP an hour before the general public!!! we will be there in 2 days!!!! whoop, whoop!

Im enjoying your TR.. and your pics are awesome!! PORFQ looks beutiful and quiet.. I think I will look into staying there when DH and I plan to go alone. If ever! Your TR made me want a snack.. with all your snacks!:cool2:! I can't wait to get a Dole Whip!!

your Sci-Fi pictures are wonderful, as well as your GMR pics (love the Alien and Wizard of Oz ones!)! That's the best pic I've seen of their milkshake yet! I had a chocolate milkshake today and it wasn't very good, watery and tasted more like vanilla than anything. I kept thinking of Sci-Fi's and how I longed to have one of theirs, lol!

oohh I think I know what dresses you're talking about. I saw them on another person's TR. They're really cute. I bet you got one! ;)

My last name is that of a VERY popular (and quite large) city...it's not something people haven't heard before...but when I tell them what it is, they always look at me funny and NO ONE can ever pronounce it! Maybe they think it can't be that easy :confused3

Good idea about the print out...I'll have to remember that in October! :thumbsup2

Although I am not that competitive in real life, DH and I are pretty competitive with each other at Disney, hence the numerous rides on Buzz Lightyear.

So after this we walk around for a bit, and I decided to get a frozen chocolate banana as my snack that day. Damn I really need more snack credits.

I just love how pretty the grounds are! If the rooms were refurbished (which I hear they are doing soon) this would be a really top notch resort! I love how there is only 1 bus stop, and it has a very quaint vibe here, it’s also extremely quiet. A lot more than I imagined it to be! It was lovely. The beignets are the best part though. :laughing:

That's how I get on TSM too! I try so hard to win and I never do...I just end up with a really tired arm!

Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana = :love:
And I agree...you should get at least 3 snack credits per day! :rotfl2:

We feel the same way about POFQ! I love how quiet it is! SO different from the Values or even CBR, for that matter. It's just gorgeous! We went in March 2008 and none of the trees or flowers were in bloom so it looks kinda drab in the pics I took...but even then, it was just beautiful. And yes, the beignets help! :laughing:

I love some of the more subtle Disney things; the type of things that don't scream "Disney!!!" I bought a great pair of earrings in the gift shop at CSR last year. From a distance, they looked liked sort of chandelier type earrings in bronze, silver, and gold. It wasn't until you got up really close that you realized the dangling parts were little Mickey heads. Too bad that I lost one of them on my trip to the beach this year. :headache:

And...um...where is the entrance to the Backlot Tour, because we somehow missed that completely when we were there....good thing we're going back!

i don't post too often but i have to say this is one of the best TR's I've ever read! i love your pictures, they are amazing.....i would frame half of them! sounds like you had a blast, i can't wait for my trip even though it's still so far away! keep it comming! :cool1:

Great trip report it looks like you had a fun time :goodvibes

I love your photos, you have inspired DBF and me. We have a really good camera but for the past year or so it has been gathering dust. After reading your trip report we got it out and went to the beach to practice taking photos, We want to have great photos just like yours. DBF is even thinking of buying some more lenses for the trip. Hopefully we will be there in a years time. So lots of time to practice :banana:

Can't wait to read the next part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter