Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

Wow, that dinner looked fantastic. I could make a meal out of just those rolls and garlic and butter...yum. But everything else looked pretty good too. Was the spinach in cheese sauce too? Looked awesome. And how cute that you got petit fours for a light dessert. Also - have to tell you that model sailboat you took a picture of is really cool. My dad has something similar made out of old cigar boxes and I'm wondering if that one is too.

I loved our meal at Yachtsman in 2012 - I'm glad you enjoyed it! I LOVED those onion rolls and agree with Kathy that I could practically make a meal out of those (however, my love for steak might get in the way of that :rolleyes: ).

How fantastic that you were able to see the fireworks again! :thumbsup2

Catching up on all your last updates and what an ideal day you all had at Epcot. Good food, rides, perfect makeup for pictures and cheesy bread!!!! Sounds like perfection to me.

Your Yachtsman meal looks amazing. We tried it last trip and loved it too. We contemplated the porterhouse but ultimately decided upon his and hers ribeye and filet. Though wish I'd known to ask for Dave. Our server was pleasant but largely ineffective.

Sounds like a fantastic experience at Yachtsman! That's on our list of places we haven't been but really want to go to.

Nice that you got to enjoy the Star Wars fireworks once more!

Looking forward to hearing about your CRT breakfast!

It was really good! I would definitely return!
I'm really glad I got to enjoy the fireworks again! I figure, we can catch illuminations on any other trip and we may not be back for SWW for a while so better get my fill of them now!

Yachtsman is on my bucket list. I have heard nothing but good things about it!

I kind of wish we had stayed for the SW fireworks. They look awesome!

I think you'll really enjoy it if you like classic steakhouses.
The fireworks were great! I was very impressed by them. I thought Matt would have watched it since he's a Star Wars fan?

Love the pictures ....Keep it up!!

Thank you!! :thanks:

Wow, that dinner looked fantastic. I could make a meal out of just those rolls and garlic and butter...yum. But everything else looked pretty good too. Was the spinach in cheese sauce too? Looked awesome. And how cute that you got petit fours for a light dessert. Also - have to tell you that model sailboat you took a picture of is really cool. My dad has something similar made out of old cigar boxes and I'm wondering if that one is too.

Everything was delicious! The rolls were really good! I love breads and rolls, and all things carbs so I could possibly have lived off that bread and roasted garlic with butter....:lovestruc:lovestruc

The spinach was a creamed spinach, I didn't think it had cheese in it, more just cream or milk. It may have had some Parmesan in it though. And the petit fours were a nice touch. I have to thank Dave for that! Not sure if they do this with everyone...maybe they do and I'm just feeling special for no reason. :rotfl:

The sailboat was cool! I think there was more than one in the Yacht club. I couldn't tell if it was made from cigar boxes or not, probably by Disney Imagineering or something :boat:

I loved our meal at Yachtsman in 2012 - I'm glad you enjoyed it! I LOVED those onion rolls and agree with Kathy that I could practically make a meal out of those (however, my love for steak might get in the way of that :rolleyes: ).

How fantastic that you were able to see the fireworks again! :thumbsup2

Everything was so good I couldn't pick a favorite!!
Yes the fireworks the 2nd time were awesome too!!

Catching up on all your last updates and what an ideal day you all had at Epcot. Good food, rides, perfect makeup for pictures and cheesy bread!!!! Sounds like perfection to me.

Your Yachtsman meal looks amazing. We tried it last trip and loved it too. We contemplated the porterhouse but ultimately decided upon his and hers ribeye and filet. Though wish I'd known to ask for Dave. Our server was pleasant but largely ineffective.

Haha, yes it was a great day!! My sister thought so to (as she powders her nose).

We were contemplating the ribeye as well. We were definitely sharing as I can somehow never finish my steak but eat every last side there is..hehe, this porterhouse worked for us well.

Dave is really nice!! I hope he remembers me the next time I go! :laughing:

I think you'll really enjoy it if you like classic steakhouses.
The fireworks were great! I was very impressed by them. I thought Matt would have watched it since he's a Star Wars fan?

We would have loved to see them. But we really needed to get back to get packed up. We were leaving very early in the morning.

We drove this trip, which was a first for me. It would have been nice to be able to bring extra souvies back, but our car was jammed packed...and not with my stuff!

Geez, you just made a really good case for the yachtsman. I'm usually not too into disney signature restaurants but all that looked fantastic. I'm not a huge steak person but I love scallops.

I'm happy you got to see the sits fireworks a second time. I love them.

We drove this trip, which was a first for me. It would have been nice to be able to bring extra souvies back, but our car was jammed packed...and not with my stuff!

Oh that's right! All of Sabrina's stuff was in the car!! :rotfl:

Geez, you just made a really good case for the yachtsman. I'm usually not too into disney signature restaurants but all that looked fantastic. I'm not a huge steak person but I love scallops.
I'm happy you got to see the sits fireworks a second time. I love them.

I thought it was really yummy! I don't really do many signature restaurants either because we're usually on the dining plan and I just never think a dinner is worth 2 TS credits, so I'd rather pay OOP for these restaurants when we have a chance to go.
I thought the non-steak items were really great too.

The SW fireworks are awesome!

Day 4 Part 1: Chunkysis has secret powers when it matters...CRT breakfast!

Today's Cars shot:

asnApJVOei5FtW0_PzOXkCksVyLDeFmzY9rRg0dyB_RR=w483-h643-no

Today we had breakfast at CRT at 9:15am. The park opened at 9am but we didn't make it to RD since we were just tired from the previous day. It wouldn't have mattered anyways. The bus line for MK at AoA was packed! We didn't make it on the first bus and by then we were running late for our ADR. By the time we got to MK it was already 9:15 and we still had to go through bag check and walk to the castle.

Chunkysis has made it no secret that she's not a fan of the "running" through the parks to make it to rides or ADRs...so she tells us to go ahead of her while she catches up...so DH and I start power walking...we bypass all the stores, PP photographers, dodge tons of people...and finally make it to the castle. It was then that I get a call from CS...
Chunkysis: "Where are you"
Me (panting): "We just got to the castle (deep breath)...don't worry I will check in for us!"
Chunkysis: "What are you talking about? I'm at the check in and you guys aren't here yet. I have just checked in for us."
Me:"What!!?! How did you get here before us??"

It has come to my realization that my sister has teleportation powers that she only uses when she has to.

iqgLiWeZ-yHWkm23HaM8lE9gT_fpX-2yTMTTOrpp1qbP=w429-h643-no

Back in 2011, when my sisters and I did an all-girl trip, before FP+, at DHS I had told them about how everyone races to Toy Story Mania to get FP as soon as they enter the park. Since we all knew that CS didn't run very fast, I grabbed one of the twins and said that we would run to get paper FPs first while the other twin stayed with CS and "caught up". I grabbed everyone's KTTW card and we set off the minute of rope drop...to our surprise CS made it there BEFORE US and she was already on line at the FP kiosk when we arrived. You can read that post here. Anyways, she pulled it again today for CRT! And I'm not sure why. Maybe I am just a very slow person, but DH is fast and he was with me! So I'm convinced my sister can teleport when she wants to for very important events, like breakfast with the princesses.

Anyways, here's our pic with Cinderella:

-oYO_jnNggrI4hbgXG8ALLJJvOYwtQRYsIfheIGED97B=w965-h643-no

xH4fS5Oa7wVtF5OU9uPMWTspqi84auGKJKmCWiQeSm9f=w429-h643-no

I hadn't been back to CRT for many years...not since 2003 I think. It was long overdue...

Wanna see something funny? Here's a pic from 2003...12 years ago! This was the first trip to WDW that me and DH took as boyfriend and girlfriend. We had known each other for about 7-8 months then. Look how young we look!!

232323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2323%3D537%3D7%3A%3C%3D32325376%3B%3B%3C%3A9nu0mrj

Hahahaha. I crack up when I see these old pics of us...anyhoo back to us in 2015...

lMg8_XMmCvqChRcqRV9CZv7swM4udy5uVbCp9FOFk9t7=w965-h643-no

here's the interior of CRT:

AKm811xWh3hBnnf7N_9UflUBHRkRPtKcwhtV8AOHVGUg=w965-h643-no

We sat in one of the side sections that's raised off the main floor. Here was our view:

Z9XFlUttsxaSiRLdZlhFqOky_GRyUVDdL5OyKhQyGklw=w965-h643-no

7yHHs6U4_AgsGTiHTkC_RI2iZ1PdX_LtyE21Uqnvexu0=w429-h643-no

I like all the royal decor:

CLd_jRNevri9flRwVvHDO4NZhGKmpvryjNzVKY7P7KHK=w965-h643-no

Our fork and knife were displayed in a very knightly fashion:

5aV8DKznlNKqpENl_p5y1UirVgTVmE1N4RpEYqCTeG86=w965-h643-no

Here's our pastry platter:

Obo7LRsy5UU8JOF0JhbjEX8Fg1-rmoEy7RcW1O7SVgn8=w965-h643-no

Carbs are my weakness...especially baked goods. They weren't anything fancy but they were fine.

Our first princess was Snow White!

8BTO4ygzj-k6FReB9ieHN16giManUcqmAvowx18lB7vf=w965-h643-no

Then Aurora!

_pa51WjjbJVXRFH1Eu0G6M4t_NNGJ4olpY_b8aXC4RT8=w965-h643-no

I am not sure where the pictures are for me and DH for the first couple of princesses...so it's just CS for now...

For entrees, I got the healthy breakfast, with egg whites, yogurt fruit and a healthy cereal. I must have felt very out of shape that CS beat us to the breakfast so I had to compensate a bit. LOL. I liked everything except for the cereal as I thought it would be like oatmeal but it was more like cream of wheat but with a strong cinnamon flavor (which I think its fine if it's subtle but this one was like all cinnamon).

YdCRnyqwlmYa_NbCDOuK6jJx0uSB20nkuqAweeVIOmg1=w965-h643-no

DH got the crab omelette:

TW65vscUD4gE-BqVeRTBEKDRJrvlnW4PyhMIJMKytvjc=w965-h643-no

I can't remember what CS got but I think she got the same thing as DH so that's why I only have one picture of their entree.

Here's us with Jasmine!

Dh7Dyp1nHQcr1Yov7uVb1utRRpTAsW2LudkD-0thUuRK=w429-h643-no

NX5yqHZLazq28dzZd-IIMyc-SlJDGvuJo7KrzGlqibzf=w481-h643-no

Ariel:

Wd5xg7BNy2pSSzPJaqHjc522DVhdJkkE6lGnsCAfq2eb=w965-h643-no

S_lNU8_IG4VTpMNODvbetPkxwDSI1CeU_a64dKh43-fb=w429-h643-no

We thought the experience itself was very nice but not sure I'd pay to do it again. I think I would do Akershus again.
They do give little boys swords to play with and girls get wands. They even get to keep them!

Next up...fun with DH around MK plus lunch at Be Our Guest!

Last edited:
Funny! I am about to do an update on our CRT visit. We really enjoyed this meal. I was surprised, because like you, I had visited a long time ago! The person in our group that got the healthy option said the same thing about the hot cereal. She thought it would be like oatmeal. And funny about your sister's special powers...I need some of those!

Your sister is such a girl after my own heart not running, but sadly I don't have the power of teleportation. Way too funny how she beat ya'll to the restaurant.

Love the throwback pick, though strange you all have changed but not Cinderella. Maybe she is a vampire or something ; )

Your CRT breakfasts looks good (especially that crab omelette) though I'm with ya on the price. I've never even done it, just haven't been able to palate paying that much for a meal without the most amazing food ever. Though I gotta ask, how come you all didn't get swords and wands too. You were paying more than those darn kids ; )

Haha, well if there's any update where the teleportation smilie is appropriate, it's this one, so here you go: :teleport: I really want to know how she does that! Did she say? Maybe she got a ride on a Main Street vehicle? :confused3

We did CRT breakfast this trip too (first time ever for us, though). I agree that it was nice, but very expensive for what it is. I think I preferred Akershus too (did this trip also), but the wand was a big hit with our toddler, so that was a plus. :thumbsup2

Love this TR! Following along! I love hearing about SWW. I've always been a big Star Wars fan, but really haven't read up too much on SWW. I'd love to go, but not sure it's something DH would be into!

Still catching up...

Loved your pictures with BayMax, especially the cute selfies complete with photobombs!

:woohoo: on your TSM victory! "Faulty Gun" HA!

I like the (old) new view of HS as you walk into the park without the hat (same as it ever was), but it really did make for some great photopass pictures.

CS got some incredible character pictures.

I'm so glad you enjoyed all of your Star Wars packages and the food at Jedi Mickey's H&V was better than expected. I agree- those Jabba the Hut cup cakes are adorable.

That was a lot of food, but I'm sure you were able to "Force" it down. Sorry. Couldn't resist!

Wow- yes that Carbonite Han table display is awesome!

I am so excited for you that your pictures were up on the screen!!! Apparently, the collages were there long enough for you to snap a couple of great pictures of the pictures.

I'll be back for Day 3

:goodvibes:

Wow, how awesome that she somehow managed to get there so quickly. What a fun princess breakfast and I love the atmosphere there. The food looks good too! I wish it wasn't so hard to get an ADR there...sigh!

Funny! I am about to do an update on our CRT visit. We really enjoyed this meal. I was surprised, because like you, I had visited a long time ago! The person in our group that got the healthy option said the same thing about the hot cereal. She thought it would be like oatmeal. And funny about your sister's special powers...I need some of those!

Haha funny! I have to catch up on your review! I did like my healthy entree, but wish the cereal was just regular oatmeal.
Yeah I dunno how CS managed to beat us...she said she was walking like normal. I am thinking it's because we had to dodge more people? Odd. LOL.

Your sister is such a girl after my own heart not running, but sadly I don't have the power of teleportation. Way too funny how she beat ya'll to the restaurant.

Love the throwback pick, though strange you all have changed but not Cinderella. Maybe she is a vampire or something ; )

Your CRT breakfasts looks good (especially that crab omelette) though I'm with ya on the price. I've never even done it, just haven't been able to palate paying that much for a meal without the most amazing food ever. Though I gotta ask, how come you all didn't get swords and wands too. You were paying more than those darn kids ; )

I am still puzzled as to how she beat us. We all crack up when we tell this story. She's the sort of person that lags behind when we walk around at WDW. We're always turning around going, hurry up! So yeah...this was so strange and funny!

Haha, Cindy is really Selena from Underworld but with a poufy dress and a fairy godmother!

We did actually get a sword and wand. Although it was a pain to carry with us throughout the day. I think we might have left it or given it away. I can't actually remember. The food was good, but in all honesty aside from the princesses it was not that memorable. I liked our Star Wars Sci fi breakfast much better!

Haha, well if there's any update where the teleportation smilie is appropriate, it's this one, so here you go: :teleport: I really want to know how she does that! Did she say? Maybe she got a ride on a Main Street vehicle? :confused3

We did CRT breakfast this trip too (first time ever for us, though). I agree that it was nice, but very expensive for what it is. I think I preferred Akershus too (did this trip also), but the wand was a big hit with our toddler, so that was a plus. :thumbsup2

Haha that's the funniest smiley! I really don't know how she did it! She said she just walked as usual! I must think it's because we dodged way more people than she had to.

After CRT it has made me want to go back to Akershus for breakfast! I prefer it much more than dinner! No wands though but I'm ok with that :)

Love this TR! Following along! I love hearing about SWW. I've always been a big Star Wars fan, but really haven't read up too much on SWW. I'd love to go, but not sure it's something DH would be into!

Thank you!! I think your DH will have fun! My sister is not into SW as well but she had a great time. I think it was seeing a lot of it come to life, doing the theme meals and seeing the characters dressed up that she really enjoyed.

Still catching up...

Loved your pictures with BayMax, especially the cute selfies complete with photobombs!

Thanks! He was so adorable. I wanted to kidnap him!

:woohoo: on your TSM victory! "Faulty Gun" HA!

I know right? Men... :lmao:

I like the (old) new view of HS as you walk into the park without the hat (same as it ever was), but it really did make for some great photopass pictures.

Yes, it was much less distracting especially when they have a stage right in front of it!

CS got some incredible character pictures.

She did! She was on a roll...there is no stopping her when she sees characters.

I'm so glad you enjoyed all of your Star Wars packages and the food at Jedi Mickey's H&V was better than expected. I agree- those Jabba the Hut cup cakes are adorable.

That was a lot of food, but I'm sure you were able to "Force" it down. Sorry. Couldn't resist!

The "Force" was strong with me...:rotfl:

Wow- yes that Carbonite Han table display is awesome!

It was really cool! But I think few people noticed it at first since all the dessert trays were on it. You had to step back to see it.

I am so excited for you that your pictures were up on the screen!!! Apparently, the collages were there long enough for you to snap a couple of great pictures of the pictures.

I know!!! I was like OMG OMG!! Each collage was up there for about 10 seconds. So enough time to grab a pic. Luckily I was already taking pictures of the show and had my camera out!

I'll be back for Day 3

:goodvibes:

See ya real soon!! :cheer2:

Wow, how awesome that she somehow managed to get there so quickly. What a fun princess breakfast and I love the atmosphere there. The food looks good too! I wish it wasn't so hard to get an ADR there...sigh!

It was a fun morning! I still don't know how my sister got there before us. The park was CROWDED that day. I guess everyone wanted to visit MK on a Monday?? Very weird as the crowd calendars did not anticipate MK to be that crowded.
The breakfast was fun! I wouldn't go out of my way to get a ressie there though, but it's worth going to once.

Day 4 Part 2: I spilled the popcorn! In the Mine Train! But I got a really cool souvenir...

We had a FP+ for 7DMT and then lunch at BoG Our other FP+ were for BTMRR and Elsa and Anna but not until later that night. CS left us to do more character hopping (as usual) and would meet us back at Fantasyland before lunch. I can't remember exactly what rides we did go on, I will try my best to remember... but I know DH and I made our way to Tomorrowland!

Uow3rx_zaAvorbnA5NWm8gBOvBATqV7s9HEik9KT2YwG=w965-h643-no

7lOX4Rr7cboxVhsXflypuNfZPNrw-jDrHNz_dsgmP_BW=w965-h643-no

I realized it was a lot warmer today than it has been the past few days.and probably not a good time to do the Speedway because the sun was blazing hot, but that was probably why the line wasn't that long compared to everything else...it was honestly packed that day at MK!!

After speedway we made our way to a personal favorite of mine, and the most THRILLING ride that Tracy161 will go on. LOL (BTW, we meet Tracy later on that night in some sort of divine DIS coincidence! Stay tuned for that story!!)

UaLHxYurZD00cvYxQVujTeqWoCpOmRWAZFp5OBuCVNxE=w965-h643-no

Here's us on the Peoplemover!

QpqZJVMLky8UtnoIaA9xI3hArKF-gkdbGC5IUt26yYXS=w965-h643-no

tpDXaS4d058jUSnRl8d9mRkZuWd6dCQVE7ytcSEu1A21=w965-h643-no

ot2HNGfU1vIhxuPMbXV7tILo433LzWYvrsMoelbIC83x=w965-h643-no

5gyrMtMgFl8kDAkRED26oMiItJBf8PXZnuNN9HXVWw55=w965-h643-no

vpf7G6lGN2fBCZYj5T_O0lyXF_ndaKur52YHXgIagVLo=w965-h643-no

I then spied the perfect souvenir:

JvTmZJFasZTGg6T2L-s7oLP0KqqDeHLD3wL2UL4EA3Mf=s643-no

Aaaak! I had to get it! I wasn't sure if they would be sold out or not, or how high demand it is right then, but I didn't hesitate to buy it! The CM put the bucket in a bag and gave me the popcorn separately in another bag...that was nice!

Yes I realized I had to carry it on the Mine Train....but I didn't know if I'd get another opportunity to buy it!

ytTx1XwPhFeNOdtAkBbeGQ-VcNWvLx9HB5x6PMHZypSN=s643-no

We then went to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

PaONBAoVWgCtazBk4IepbhAk5kLDKKWmpOOYdC-_FoTE=w965-h643-no

Packed! But always a good laugh during the pre-show.

Meanwhile, CS was very busy....

R_z5Qm1Zf7Uf58U_bf-RisnmDrmlzb2ID75cRtiaFp4h=w965-h643-no

Ta1pLxOcpWhnTEoLyz970oX99vloaG_EmaNxZ9wx6zlJ=w965-h643-no

X8vIuGw6QJWn4KhrkQOdf2KjShBkjaifpj6l9cQds7bJ=w965-h643-no

We then met back up with CS to ride 7DMT. The ride cars are very small! I had to squish the carriage popcorn bucket somehow in between my legs. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Here's our ride pic!

Gt4TtQAtCIRzRRKy3tNHPouU5rfKe2L4yd6Tdk1ghEbM=w429-h643-no

As we were getting out of the ride car, the popcorn bagpopcorn:: fell open spilling most of my popcorn out of the bag and into the cart...eeeks! :eek:

I had to flag down a CM and tell him I was really sorry...I really felt bad because I know how long the line was for Mine Train and I probably delayed it a good 15 minutes... :guilty:

If you saw the Mine Train Standby line go from 85 minutes to 105 minutes...it was probably my fault and I am sorry!!! Here's my peace offering:
:hug: :cheer2: :littleangel: :o :flower1::flower::love: :cloud9: :rockband::flower3::hippie::grouphug:

We still had quite some time before our lunch ADR at Be Our Guest, so we went on IASW...which had a 25 minute wait! Sigh...

36VAc4Pz7vWU33Ab0lP8sjlXnGs8tUI8cCgr13gpnK3k=w965-h643-no

VvZlwMN8J77aUqDhXVmiS8a63CQwNQbRVRFxmU7dbsYC=w965-h643-no

hAtBec-BuR644JHZLeqVG0qWL_DmiSiYWfE30CnTJgjR=w965-h643-no

Since I love Hawaii and Polynesian culture in general...I always have to take a picture of the hula girls and the surfer dude.

35t5gEx17LxPME9wGZP-rr324_-NjF8Ew1_SDX0Z4dSt=w965-h643-no

im6Mu628PQE7cQ8xetc61r3eqn-61gIQAKShkB-3cdeh=w965-h643-no

7nQVC3fAJm9tVkZlkbhhf9cydEhitO-VvUwRvC15JmJC=w965-h643-no

evA4Lx82z7Oc_ZcRPDSxOcMe7jFI040q121zMUPN2ckR=w965-h643-no

4vISA1O843tcVx2jhJV9KcGIUwVq5OVz0qZCgD8oqhRR=w965-h643-no

Boy, waiting around for rides made us work up our appetite again! I had to get something to drink so decided on another LeFou's Brew!

ejQLZrcXep9y3yEFQSS5eeb1tm6RkEb3njEFzwPs-eFc=s643-no

I browsed the store next to Gaston's Tavern

9wVZ_fDvcb75aK37e51fjx-e79xrOpA9FnHEUreK5wIu=w965-h643-no

And I go back to see DH getting comfy in this chair:

1xVctJkn3-I9XfHyd_5Y4qx_EuAE1waiE8h7fkIf-mW3=w429-h643-no

Never noticed this before, but this is a really cool chandelier

lAOMxA4L_j3ZolDDbwPU8wpVVYFuYX_aPE_qww3tHhqe=w429-h643-no

It was now time to eat! Stay tuned for our lunch at Be Our Guest!

Ok the Yachtclub, that dinner looked amazing!! Haha, love the huge meat fridge and dude just standing there, hacking up steaks. Mmmmm....meat :)

The Cinderella Popcorn bucket!!! Jealous, I really really REALLY hope they have those at DL when we go in October, that is my #1 souvenir to get this time around(those and the 60th anniversary Starbucks mugs).

Love Steve's expression in the photo on the people mover "god, ANOTHER photo??" teehee

Yes I realized I had to carry it on the Mine Train....but I didn't know if I'd get another opportunity to buy it!

That's the thing I hate about the fact that not all souveniers are available everywhere...so when you see something...you have to jump on it...but then you get stuck carrying all kinds of stuff around. Ooops about the delay lol but kinda funny!

so we went on IASW...which had a 25 minute wait! Sigh...

WOW!! It must have been super busy...I've never seen that kind of line for IASW!! Monsters looked pretty busy too...sigh...it's getting to the point where there will be fewer "less busy" times to go to WDW I think....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter