Chuck E. Cheese question

gracie1

DIS Veteran
So I have only been to Chuck E. Cheese twice (late afternoon for parties). I see that their hours at most places are 9am-10pm. Do they actually serve food at 9am? Or is it just games until like 11am and then they start serving food?
Thanks for any info!!

Its been years since I have been to a CC, but when we use to go, we would always go first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds. I remember they would serve food. You might just call them and ask if they still do.

Its been years since I have been to a CC, but when we use to go, we would always go first thing in the morning to avoid the crowds. I remember they would serve food. You might just call them and ask if they still do.

Thanks! I think I will do that. We would do it early in the morning as well, since we are going away I think it would be a nice little surprise for my nephew before we come home, considering it is only 5 minutes from the hotel we will be staying at! The closest one to where we actually live is almost an hour.

I try and go at opening when I do go (about once a year). We don't get pizza but get the cinnamon sticks. Do a google search for discount coupons for tokens. I have the reusable mugs so don't buy drinks.

Going first thing in the morning is the best thing - for two reasons. First, the place in empty (which is something you rarely see at CEC!). Second, the staff has to test each game on the floor in the morning, and (at least at ours) they drop tokens in and leave any tickets hanging out of the machine. It's like an easter egg hunt for my kids finding all the random tickets hanging out of the games for the taking. They think it's great.

And ours does serve food anytime you want it. We will go at 9:00 for opening and buy a food package with tokens, but ask that our pizza be brought out at 10:30 for an early lunch. They have had no problem doing that for us.

We don't go often, but when we do, it has to be morning, because I would go crazy there at night. We went one week night last year because my sister's school had a fundraiser night there, and it was crazy. never again!

Thanks everyone for the information! We are going to do it first thing in the am for sure!! That is a good idea about buying the package and then having them bring out the pizza later. I think that is what we will do. This way I know he will eat after playing the games!
I did sign up for the coupons, and have been getting plenty of them!

Thanks everyone for the information! We are going to do it first thing in the am for sure!! That is a good idea about buying the package and then having them bring out the pizza later. I think that is what we will do. This way I know he will eat after playing the games!
I did sign up for the coupons, and have been getting plenty of them!

Did you see the latest special for a large one topping pizza and 75 tokens for $25? That makes the pizza only $6.25. :banana:

-Astrid

We don't go often, but when we do, it has to be morning, because I would go crazy there at night. We went one week night last year because my sister's school had a fundraiser night there, and it was crazy. never again!

School fundraiser nights usually are crazy, because people who wouldn't normally go on a weeknight for dinner are going there to spend $$ for their school. Where I live, weeknights are great because not a lot of people take their kids out on school nights, or if they do, it's to a fast food restaurant like McDonald's. I don't know what type of area you live in (like whether there are a lot of other restaurants nearby, or more than one CEC in a 20-mile radius), but I bet that if you tried CEC again on a non-fundraiser weeknight, you'd be pleasantly surprised with the lightness of the crowds. (Of course, there wouldn't be all the free tickets hanging out of the machines, but sometimes Chuck-E comes out to dance and throws tickets up in the air for kids to grab a-la pinata style.)

We love to go at opening. Sometimes they seem surprised you're there! They'll be vacuuming and cleaning. They are also usually checking the games and will sometimes hand my kids the tickets that come out. We love to use the token coupons online. there are usually several and we just figure out which is best. Then I bring a pizza coupon in case we want to eat. Other times I use the pizza coupon at the beginning but say I don't want the food until 11am. They will take two coupons so we'll often use a food one so we can get drinks and have them hold the pizza and then we'll use a token coupon. I bring extra token coupons for later in case we're having too good of a time. I love the mornings because it's quiet! And your kids don't get pushed around as much.

So I have only been to Chuck E. Cheese twice (late afternoon for parties). I see that their hours at most places are 9am-10pm. Do they actually serve food at 9am? Or is it just games until like 11am and then they start serving food?
Thanks for any info!!

So there isn't a limit to how many of the coupons you use?

We've used as many as four coupons on one visit. If you sign up for the Chuck E. Club online, they'll send you their best coupons in the first e-mail and then you get monthly coupons after that and you can usually download some from their site anytime.

-Astrid

We've used as many as four coupons on one visit. If you sign up for the Chuck E. Club online, they'll send you their best coupons in the first e-mail and then you get monthly coupons after that and you can usually download some from their site anytime.

-Astrid

Thanks!! I didn't know that you could use more than one coupon! The ones that I have expire in March, and we won't be going till the first weekend in April, so I hope to get more coupons before then! If not, I can have his mom sign up and print me out the coupons they send her closer to the date!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter