Chuck and Lynn Go to Mousefest! New 5/4!

Sending some :tink: (that would be pixie dust) your way CP! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get in!

In all the excitement, I almost forgot! Today it is 100 days until our next WDW trip and you know what that means. It's time for...
The Worst Meal Ever!(ever, ever,ever...)

Day Three Part Six

After our morning at AK, it was back to CBR for another nap. (I napped more in this trip than in any other WDW trip…ever.) But we had to be well rested. Tonight was our big night!! My romantic birthday dinner in Cinderella castle!

Now we’ve had breakfast there several times and always enjoyed it, but I dreamed of having a romantic dinner for two, good food in a magical setting. I have been looking forward to this night for a long time. Chuck….not so much. But he loves me so he puts up with stuff.

I’ve got to say it felt strange to get dressed up at WDW. Well, not dressed up a lot (just a nice sweater and dress pants), but we are usually Disneyed out while we are there so it was a little strange.

We didn’t have much trouble getting a bus. Of course, we did leave WAY early just in case so we had time to wander down Main Street and take in the sights.

You know I loved seeing this from the bus.
DSCF0550.jpg

Sights along Main street
DSCF0555.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF1522-1.jpg

We walked around the little side street next to the glass shop and they had some wonderful windows.

I have this apron, but I never thought of making it into a dress.
DSCF1524-1.jpg

Glass for blowing
DSCF1525-1.jpg

We also got to see the Main Street marching Band make their exit. Did you know they take pictures and give autographs? I didn’t.
DSCF0560.jpg

Another window

DSCF1523-1.jpg

Soon it was time. Like the dutiful DISer I am, we arrived 15 minutes early and approached the checkin podium. The CM promptly told me we could not checkin and to come back in five minutes. She was gruff and not friendly at all. I was about to cry. You know how you build something up and then something happens and you think, “Oh, it’s ruined.” Well, it was that feeling. But I put a smile on my face and I got in the back of the line that had formed behind me and by the time I made it back up, the five minutes was over. The CM I got this time was much better. She took our names and had us wait by the door to be ushered.

We’re number one!!
DSCF1526-1.jpg

We were the first inside along with another couple so Chuck had plenty of time to take photos in the empty room.

Our first sight coming in.
DSCF0568.jpg

the door we came through
DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0572.jpg

Love this window
DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

A CM came and lined us up to meet the lady of the house. When our turn came, I went forward to say hello and thank her for having us for dinner. Cinderella welcomed me and asked, “And, is this your prince?” As we turned to look at Chuck, he was bent over putting his camera away, with not his best side stuck right in the air. I looked at her and said, “yes, that’s him.” I was trying so hard not to laugh and she was too. It was by far the best moment of the whole evening! (does that tell you something?)

Continued next Post

Day Three Part Seven

After we gave Cinderella the pleasure of greeting Chuck’s butt, we sat over on the side to wait for our name to be called. The room got more and more crowded and it was so hard to hear. And we waited. And we waited. Families came in, got their picture made, were called upstairs and still we waited. After about twenty minutes, we finally heard it. I was tempted to shout out like we had to do at the SciFi last summer, but we just went forward. At the top of the stairs, we waited some more.

Chuck took some shots of the room.
DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0584.jpg

Finally the hostess came to show us to our table. She turned and said, “You two must know someone. You got the best table in the house!” Yeah!! And we did. It was right in front of the window overlooking the carousel in Fantasyland. The same table Em and I had on our first trip to WDW in 2002 when she was so overwhelmed by the princesses she couldn’t speak. It was a lovely view and you know we’ve got pictures.

DSCF0589.jpg

Watch as Lynn attempts to study the menu from ten different angles. (Okay, only two.)

DSCF0588.jpg

DSCF0587.jpg

Chuck did let me get one of him.

Cute menu, huh?
DSCF1527-1.jpg

Did I mention the view?
DSCF1528-1.jpg

Okay, we waited forever, but we got a good table. It's time for food.

I had the castle salad. (I had to. It said castle!)
DSCF0600.jpg

Chuck had the Corn and Crab soup with sour cream and chives.
DSCF0601.jpg

Okay on both accounts. Nothing we would have gone out of our way for.

We both had Prime Rib and it was NASTY!
DSCF0608.jpg

I don’t think I ate any of mine. So I had plenty of room for this.

Chocolate Cream cheese buckle with chocolate ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce.
DSCF0622.jpg

I was very disappointed in the food. I mean, it’s the Castle! Come on! Shouldn’t that be like the best food anywhere? But I guess people really don’t come for the food. They come to eat in the castle, but if that is the excuse for yucky food, it’s a cop out.

Okay, well, long wait, yucky food, at least I get to see Snow White. NO! No princesses, just the Fairy Godmother going around the room and talking about wishing and dreams and not even stopping for photos. I only got this photo because Chuck threw up the camera real quick.
DSCF0619.jpg

Okay, I’m dealing with the disappointment of no Snow White. We are dealing with the yucky food by stuffing ourselves with dessert.

BUT THEN… the bill comes.

OH NO, there is not supposed to be a bill, just a receipt. We paid entirely up front! Neither of us have that kind of cash on us and Chuck left the credit card in the room safe so we wouldn’t be tempted to overspend in the shops. Our waiter, Fernando (who had a really cool accent) insists that we need to pay. After assuring him that we already paid, he says he will talk to the manager. We are sitting there, sweating. Every bit of romance is gone now.

What will we do?

Will they make us bus tables or wash dishes?

Maybe I could stay as collateral while Chuck goes back to the room for the credit card. It was a long ten minutes.

Finally Fernando returns with the good news that there was a mixup and indeed, we are paid in full. By then, I was done with the Castle. We were ready to go.

So all in all, my magical night eating in the Castle… not so much. But I got to eat there and not everyone can say that.

And it was a nice view.

And what will be my two conditions for me to eat dinner there again?

I don't know if I can post that, honey. This is a family show!

Cover the kids eyes!
.Chuck's conditions to eat at CRT again: princesses (and lots of them) and some form of dancing involving a pole or a cage! :rotfl:

Sigh. I am so sorry your food was yucky. I had the prime rib and I thought it was good but nothing to write home about. You should consider yourself lucky because I didn't even see the Fairy Godmother or the mice! How unfair is that!?! I'm going to be really upset if Jen and I don't at least see them in May.

And :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: to Chuck's conditions!

In all the excitement, I almost forgot! Today it is 100 days until our next WDW trip and you know what that means. It's time for...
The Worst Meal Ever!(ever, ever,ever...)

Day Three Part Six

After our morning at AK, it was back to CBR for another nap. (I napped more in this trip than in any other WDW trip…ever.) But we had to be well rested. Tonight was our big night!! My romantic birthday dinner in Cinderella castle!

Ack! :scared: The worst meal ever, ever, ever is for your birthday dinner?! :scared1:

Now we’ve had breakfast there several times and always enjoyed it, but I dreamed of having a romantic dinner for two, good food in a magical setting. I have been looking forward to this night for a long time. Chuck….not so much. But he loves me so he puts up with stuff.

Yeah, Chuck! She's worth it!!

We also got to see the Main Street marching Band make their exit. Did you know they take pictures and give autographs? I didn’t.

Nope... did not know that!

Soon it was time. Like the dutiful DISer I am, we arrived 15 minutes early and approached the checkin podium. The CM promptly told me we could not checkin and to come back in five minutes. She was gruff and not friendly at all. I was about to cry. You know how you build something up and then something happens and you think, “Oh, it’s ruined.” Well, it was that feeling.

I know exactly what you mean. Awww. On your b-day? That's just wrong.

But I put a smile on my face and I got in the back of the line that had formed behind me and by the time I made it back up, the five minutes was over. The CM I got this time was much better. She took our names and had us wait by the door to be ushered.

Good for you!

--------
The restaurant is really beautiful!

When our turn came, I went forward to say hello and thank her for having us for dinner. Cinderella welcomed me and asked, “And, is this your prince?” As we turned to look at Chuck, he was bent over putting his camera away, with not his best side stuck right in the air. I looked at her and said, “yes, that’s him.” I was trying so hard not to laugh and she was too. It was by far the best moment of the whole evening! (does that tell you something?)

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: on the Chuck showing Cindy his butt moment but not on the "this was the best moment of the evening" part.

Chuck did let me get one of him.

Cute menu, huh?
DSCF1527-1.jpg

:lmao: Chuck looks significantly less than enthused.

Did I mention the view?
DSCF1528-1.jpg

You did and WOW! I'd almost say that it was worth it... but I've already read through to the end of your review... :rolleyes1

I was very disappointed in the food. I mean, it’s the Castle! Come on! Shouldn’t that be like the best food anywhere? But I guess people really don’t come for the food. They come to eat in the castle, but if that is the excuse for yucky food, it’s a cop out.

I agree. It should be the absolute best. No reason it shouldn't be. So sorry your b-day dinner wasn't all you dreamed of.

So glad you didn't have to wash dishes!

.Chuck's conditions to eat at CRT again: princesses (and lots of them) and some form of dancing involving a pole or a cage! :rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I thought the food was okay, except the meat (and we all know how much I like red meat!) was swimming in grease. Anybody who knows me, knows that I deem it my mission in the world not to leave any scrap of food behind when eating out. I'll even finish off what Lynn doesn't. But on this occasion, there was some left behind.
I think for half the price, the meal would have been okay (not great), but for what we paid, I guess I was expecting a but more. Of course when our server gave us our bill, I nearly lost my lunch! I had left the visa back in the room so I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything and there was noway that I had that much cash on me!
I had heard a few negative reviews about CRT but thought we would give it a try anyway (besides you can't please all of the people all of the time, right...and anyways, i am the guy who loves the Sci-FI drive in, so when it comes to food I have no real set standards).
Did it ruin my trip and am I always going to lament eating there? No, but I would have to say, if given the choice to do it again, I would pass. For that price you can get 2 great dinners at the garden Grill or the Bier Garden and still have money left over.
Of course we may have hit it on a off night but I don't think I'll risk going back there anytime soon (well that is unless they make a few of my special changes....I can't believe they didn't have a suggestion box).

I don't know if I can post that, honey. This is a family show!

Cover the kids eyes!
Hmm... :rotfl: :rotfl: This could bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "Where Dreams Really Do Come True" :rotfl2:
We ate at CRT on our 3rd visit to the world, and I won't eat there again. My DH ordered the prime rib and it looked just like yours. I think you can get better food at a CS restaurant. You're paying to eat in the castle, not good food.

Hurray for your 100 days!!!! It's all downhill from here!!!

Soon it was time. Like the dutiful DISer I am, we arrived 15 minutes early and approached the checkin podium. The CM promptly told me we could not checkin and to come back in five minutes. She was gruff and not friendly at all. I was about to cry. You know how you build something up and then something happens and you think, “Oh, it’s ruined.” Well, it was that feeling. But I put a smile on my face and I got in the back of the line that had formed behind me and by the time I made it back up, the five minutes was over. The CM I got this time was much better. She took our names and had us wait by the door to be ushered.

Yep, I know that feeling only too well!

A CM came and lined us up to meet the lady of the house. When our turn came, I went forward to say hello and thank her for having us for dinner. Cinderella welcomed me and asked, “And, is this your prince?” As we turned to look at Chuck, he was bent over putting his camera away, with not his best side stuck right in the air. I looked at her and said, “yes, that’s him.” I was trying so hard not to laugh and she was too. It was by far the best moment of the whole evening! (does that tell you something?)

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: That's classic!

Finally the hostess came to show us to our table. She turned and said, “You two must know someone. You got the best table in the house!” Yeah!! And we did. It was right in front of the window overlooking the carousel in Fantasyland. The same table Em and I had on our first trip to WDW in 2002 when she was so overwhelmed by the princesses she couldn’t speak. It was a lovely view and you know we’ve got pictures.

That view is beautiful!!!

I am so sorry that your b-day meal in the castle was such a let-down :(. I would have been having a panic attack over the bill! And doesn't everyone have to pay upfront, so why would anyone be presented with a bill??? That's so strange!

Chuck's conditions to eat at CRT again: princesses (and lots of them) and some form of dancing involving a pole or a cage! :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: That's too funny!!!

I'm so sorry about the disappointment of the Castle experience! I know how much you looked forward to it. Thanks for the frank review. Now if I'm tempted to book a dinner, I'll just look at your pictures of the view from your table and know I've had the best part of the experience.
I love the reason you had the Castle Salad!

I hate when I am disappointed like that. That is why I try to build some things up but I always do. :lmao:

well at least you did have a nice view.

glad you didn't have to wash dishes.

I'm so sorry the meal didn't turn out so good, and on your birthday, too! The view WAS nice though. I might have sent the dinners back and asked for another cut of prime rib. They didn't even look that good in the pictures! I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your trip. So Chuck, if they implement your suggestions would the name change to Cinderella's Royal Table Dance (CRTD)? :dance3:

I had a sneaking suspicion that the 'worst meal ever' was going to be in the castle! :scared: I'm really sorry! :hug: We've sworn off eating there since we had a pretty bad/expensive meal on Halloween night several years ago. It was so bad that DH has no conditions on returning... even with poles. ;)

Happy Less Than 100 Days!!! :dance3:

I am so sorry that your b-day meal in the castle was such a let-down :(. I would have been having a panic attack over the bill! And doesn't everyone have to pay upfront, so why would anyone be presented with a bill??? That's so strange!

That is what i though, too, but I guess not. We didn't do the dining plan and at some of our meals they just looked at us like they weren't quite sure what to do, so I wonder if that was part of it. I tell you, it was a tense ten minutes. i was too scared to cry!!

I'm so sorry about the disappointment of the Castle experience! I know how much you looked forward to it. Thanks for the frank review. Now if I'm tempted to book a dinner, I'll just look at your pictures of the view from your table and know I've had the best part of the experience.
I love the reason you had the Castle Salad!

I wish now we had used those Dream Tickets tp AKL, but you live, you learn. The best part was the view!! I just thought it was sad that with all the wonderful food you can get at WDW, the castle would be the worst!!

I hate when I am disappointed like that. That is why I try to build some things up but I always do. :lmao:

well at least you did have a nice view.

glad you didn't have to wash dishes.

Thanks! I'm glad too. Although.....it might have been fun to get a backstage peak!

I'm so sorry the meal didn't turn out so good, and on your birthday, too! The view WAS nice though. I might have sent the dinners back and asked for another cut of prime rib. They didn't even look that good in the pictures! I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your trip. So Chuck, if they implement your suggestions would the name change to Cinderella's Royal Table Dance (CRTD)? :dance3:

:rotfl: :rotfl: I almost spit Diet pepsi all over my screen! I was disappointed but it didn't ruin anything. I'm always just so glad and thankful to be in my happy place again.

I had a sneaking suspicion that the 'worst meal ever' was going to be in the castle! :scared: I'm really sorry! :hug: We've sworn off eating there since we had a pretty bad/expensive meal on Halloween night several years ago. It was so bad that DH has no conditions on returning... even with poles. ;)

Happy Less Than 100 Days!!! :dance3:

That will be our last experience. We have had some nice breakfasts there, but we are just as happy at the Crystal Palace! I'll just have to find somewhere else on property to live out my romantic dinner dream!

Thanks for reading, everyone!!

Next up: Wishes from the Poly!!

Hmm... :rotfl: :rotfl: This could bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "Where Dreams Really Do Come True" :rotfl2:
We ate at CRT on our 3rd visit to the world, and I won't eat there again. My DH ordered the prime rib and it looked just like yours. I think you can get better food at a CS restaurant. You're paying to eat in the castle, not good food.

:lmao: :lmao: That coould have been one of the "Million dreams!"

I can't believe we might finally be able to meet!! Will you be on your own or are you bringing the family? Let me know what you plans are!!
It'll just be me, hopefully my sister who lives in NYC will be joining me and of course there will be lots of the Disney World Mom's panel there :rotfl2:

What a shame about your meal and how horrid that they tried to bill you too :sad2: I had read that only the Fairy Godmother was there during dinner I wonder why though????

Oh well it saves you lots of money in the future :rotfl2:

CP,
So sorry to hear that your plans fell through! I actually snuck off to a couple of wi-fi hot spots while I was "working" to check my PM's to see if you had gotten in.
I know what you're saying about the price for the deposit. I thought it was ridiculous that on a trip that costs $500 to have to put up $344 :confused3 ...But then when the TA said that if I canceled within the 45 day period, I would 'only' lose $200.00 ONLY $200! Man, I've got to go shopping with this gal!
Even though wasn't the most fiscally responsible thing to do I went ahead and put it on my card (of course knowing that I tax refund check should be here before my next statement is due and I've signed up for overtime every night that I am off)
But not to worry!!!! Your friends will be there and we will not let you down!!! Expect to see many, many, many photos and videos from the event! And even though we do not drink, Lynn and I will raise a (imaginary) Kungalosh! To you and you're Charles!

It'll just be me, hopefully my sister who lives in NYC will be joining me and of course there will be lots of the Disney World Mom's panel there :rotfl2:

What a shame about your meal and how horrid that they tried to bill you too :sad2: I had read that only the Fairy Godmother was there during dinner I wonder why though????

Oh well it saves you lots of money in the future :rotfl2:

I hope we can find a chance to get together while we are down there. It would be so great to finally meet you! That is a trip report in itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter