Chuck and Lynn Go to Mousefest! New 5/4!

Yay! I heard from a little bird (it might be the same little bird as girlbomb heard from) that you might be going! I hope you will. I am really excited now!!!!

Food and Wine, too? I'm all about the food. I wonder if there is a MNSSHP that weekend.........

I'm excited too. And a different little birdie told me there IS a MNSSHP that Friday. Here are the dates:

September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

I'm excited too. And a different little birdie told me there IS a MNSSHP that Friday. Here are the dates:

September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Oh my! It could be WDW overload! Is there any such thing?

I requested a quote -- I think it would be so much fun and a good excuse for Charles and me to take off for a weekend. :thumbsup2

Hey going to WDW is always a good excuse for taking off for the weekend!

Besides looking at the ages of your young'ns they are more than old enough (by southern standards) to brave the weekend by themselves (11 years old + 9 years old = 20 years old...right?)
just leave them with a few shiny sharp objects to play with, a couple of guns to clean and a big box of matches they can flick at each other and I'm sure they will be entertain themselves while you and your hubby enjoy a worry free vacation. Trust me. It works for Lynn and I. And besides when you get back think of all the stories you'll get to hear from them. Of course it does have a few minor drawbacks like those pesky 'surprise' inspections from the Department of Social Services and not only could I need get my 'House Arrest / Home Monitoring' ankle monitor in my favorite color (lime green of course)...It Chaffs! And for some reason when we get back all of the cats are skittish and the house smells faintly like singed fur.

Oh my! It could be WDW overload! Is there any such thing?

No such thing!

Besides looking at the ages of your young'ns they are more than old enough (by southern standards) to brave the weekend by themselves (11 years old + 9 years old = 20 years old...right?)
just leave them with a few shiny sharp objects to play with, a couple of guns to clean and a big box of matches they can flick at each other and I'm sure they will be entertain themselves while you and your hubby enjoy a worry free vacation. Trust me. It works for Lynn and I. And besides when you get back think of all the stories you'll get to hear from them. Of course it does have a few minor drawbacks like those pesky 'surprise' inspections from the Department of Social Services and not only could I need get my 'House Arrest / Home Monitoring' ankle monitor in my favorite color (lime green of course)...It Chaffs! And for some reason when we get back all of the cats are skittish and the house smells faintly like singed fur.

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Oh my!! That sounds like so much fun!! I expect huge details from all of you who end up going!

And CP, I will totally babysit your kids! :laughing: I promise there will be no guns or child services involved. :lmao: :thumbsup2

Breaking News!!

Lou Mongello announced on his Podcast this week that he has planned a special event in September.

"KUNGALOOSH!!!

Join us for the Everest Adventurer's Weekend! September 24-27, 2009!

The WDW Radio Show is proud to be hosting a dinner and weekend unlike anything else, as we have rented out the now-closed Adventurers Club for one truly final Hoopla!

That’s right! We have created a special package featuring exclusive discounted room rates and a private dinner event as we celebrate the legacy of the Adventurers Club, with a private dinner and show on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm."

Chuck and I talked and we are going. We planned to go to the Adventurer's Club this last December, but then they closed it! No it's open for one last night! I am very excited. :banana:

Anyone else planning to go?

Now I need one of those flippy tickers!!

Anyone else planning to go?

Me, me! :yay: :yay: :yay: I got clearance at work to change the dates of my September trip so I'm on board.

Oh, I hope you'll go! It would be so great to meet you!! And if the group is anything like the Mousefesters, it's a fun bunch of people! You and Charles need a weekend away. I think Chuck and I look forward to ours as much as the big summer trips.

I got a quote from the TA this morning and now, after thinking about, I am asking her to run another quote for me without any tickets included (because maybe, just maybe, we could upgrade our June tickets to APs). Plus, there is a MNSSHP that Friday! Anyone else planning on attending that?

I'm thinking about going too! I already had a trip booked that was going to start that Saturday but what's another two days?

And you know that weekend starts Food and Wine!! :banana:

Food and Wine! Mmmmm.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: Oh, that is too funny -- I laughed out loud about the matches and singed fur.

Oh my!! That sounds like so much fun!! I expect huge details from all of you who end up going!

And CP, I will totally babysit your kids! :laughing: I promise there will be no guns or child services involved. :lmao: :thumbsup2

Ahhh, thanks, LL! Luckily we have both sets of grandparents here, so I am sure someone would agree to watch them.

I got a quote from the TA this morning and now, after thinking about, I am asking her to run another quote for me without any tickets included (because maybe, just maybe, we could upgrade our June tickets to APs). Plus, there is a MNSSHP that Friday! Anyone else planning on attending that?

An AP would be awesome!! And I'll go to MNSSHP that Fri if you guys will. Chuck & Lynn?

An AP would be awesome!! And I'll go to MNSSHP that Fri if you guys will. Chuck & Lynn?

I told Charles about it this morning! Just waiting on the quote from the TA for three nights at ASMovies with the Adventurers' Dinner. :banana: I hope she doesn't keep me in suspense too long because I am ready to book!!!

This is GREAT news everyone! I hope everyone gets in who wants to go. My DH will be working a maintenance outage at the power plant in September, so we'll miss going. Sadly, I'll be here at home, still counting down to our (hopefully) December trip. Yep just me and the piles of laundry, the neverending chores, the daily mundane tasks that come with being a mom --- not to mention my kids are with me 24/7 because I'm a homeschool mom at that. No, no, everyone go and have a great time, I'll be fine, I promise. :guilty:

Don't forget, free dining might be coming out then, so keep your travel agents on their toes watching for that deal while you're there too!

Hey Chuck and Lynn,
I am really enjoying your TR...LL pointed me in this direction and so far I'm really loving reading about your trip!! I can't wait to get all caught up, but I wanted to post and say great job so far :thumbsup2

This is fantastic news about the meet!!!! I wish I could go considering I'm arriving on the 26th of September, however I am so excited to be able to meet up with a few of my friends who might be going. I'm really hoping Jackie can swing it so I can go harass her!!!

This is fantastic news about the meet!!!! I wish I could go considering I'm arriving on the 26th of September, however I am so excited to be able to meet up with a few of my friends who might be going. I'm really hoping Jackie can swing it so I can go harass her!!!

Since the TA won't email me back, it may be all booked up before I can register :(. I am ready to do this and I can't get an answer! :headache:

Did you watch the Christmas episode? I don't know when we will ever get it here!:sad2:
Errrr I don't watch Dr Who :blush: I know :sad2: but it scared me as a kid :rotfl2:

Breaking News!!

Lou Mongello announced on his Podcast this week that he has planned a special event in September.

"KUNGALOOSH!!!

Join us for the Everest Adventurer's Weekend! September 24-27, 2009!
OMG Lynn, I'm going, well 95% going to EE challenge for a Mom's Panel meet. I won't be able to go for the AC bit as I am intending on flying in on the Thursday so will be jet lagged but we could still meet :thumbsup2

Since the TA won't email me back, it may be all booked up before I can register :(. I am ready to do this and I can't get an answer! :headache:

CP, I know the feeling. I sent the TA that responded to my quote request asking for a e-mail confirmation for the rooms and the event last night and still haven't heard anything back (maybe their busy?). I guess the TA / agency we normally use has me a bit spoiled, I've often sent in a request and gotten a reply / confirmation inside of an hour.

If you want, PM me or Lynn and I can give you the phone number of the TA that we are using to book this event. That way, atleast you can get it booked before it fills up.

This is GREAT news everyone! I hope everyone gets in who wants to go. My DH will be working a maintenance outage at the power plant in September, so we'll miss going. Sadly, I'll be here at home, still counting down to our (hopefully) December trip. Yep just me and the piles of laundry, the neverending chores, the daily mundane tasks that come with being a mom --- not to mention my kids are with me 24/7 because I'm a homeschool mom at that. No, no, everyone go and have a great time, I'll be fine, I promise. :guilty:

Don't forget, free dining might be coming out then, so keep your travel agents on their toes watching for that deal while you're there too!

A little heavy on guilt, huh? :rotfl: I do feel bad we won't be able to get together down there in December, but I thought it was worth giving up my birthday trip to do this. But you can brag to us about seeing all the Christmas stuff, while we are here, slaving away with the Christmas crowds and you are wrapped up int the WDW Christams magic. See it all works out!!

Hey Chuck and Lynn,
I am really enjoying your TR...LL pointed me in this direction and so far I'm really loving reading about your trip!! I can't wait to get all caught up, but I wanted to post and say great job so far :thumbsup2

I'm glad you are enjoying the report! It's going alot slow than I thought it would, but maybe I'll get through it before June!

We'll be around until the 27th so maybe we'll bump into you! :thumbsup2

Errrr I don't watch Dr Who :blush: I know :sad2: but it scared me as a kid :rotfl2:

OMG Lynn, I'm going, well 95% going to EE challenge for a Mom's Panel meet. I won't be able to go for the AC bit as I am intending on flying in on the Thursday so will be jet lagged but we could still meet :thumbsup2

I can't believe we might finally be able to meet!! Will you be on your own or are you bringing the family? Let me know what you plans are!!

I'm booked! :yay: Can't wait to see you again Lynn and Chuck and Heather!! CP- hope that you are able to book too! :)

CP, I know the feeling. I sent the TA that responded to my quote request asking for a e-mail confirmation for the rooms and the event last night and still haven't heard anything back (maybe their busy?). I guess the TA / agency we normally use has me a bit spoiled, I've often sent in a request and gotten a reply / confirmation inside of an hour.

If you want, PM me or Lynn and I can give you the phone number of the TA that we are using to book this event. That way, atleast you can get it booked before it fills up.

I'm booked! :yay: Can't wait to see you again Lynn and Chuck and Heather!! CP- hope that you are able to book too! :)

YAY!!! This is gonna be so much fun! How's it coming along, CP?

Sadly. That's how it's coming along. The TA did email me back with a great quote -- three nights at ASMovies with the whole Adventurers' Club thing for $500 -- totally doable for us. The kicker is the deposit. They want $350 for a deposit. :scared1: That's 75% of the trip total! Unfortunately, we can't do that right now -- we just paid off the June trip; Nala had her last round of shots; the kids' had dental appointments -- so we just don't have that much extra cash lying around. I am so disappointed, I want to cry...I was telling Charles tonight -- "Lynn and Chuck are going. Christine is going. Jen might go. Leslie might go. All the fun people are going." :sad1:

But I am trying to think happy, positive thoughts (it's awfully hard though) -- maybe by some weird chance there will still be an opening at the end of the month (I am not really expecting that), and no matter what I know all of you will do awesome TRs about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter