Chuck and Lynn Go to Mousefest! New 5/4!

We're almost there! I'm at day 106. I think I can make ADRs on Sunday. Can't wait to hear about your meal. Let's hope it's not at a place I want to eat.

We're almost there! I'm at day 106. I think I can make ADRs on Sunday. Can't wait to hear about your meal. Let's hope it's not at a place I want to eat.

Yay! You are right behind us! June can't get here fast enough!!

And who can blame him? You step on those bugs and they just look up at you and laugh!! :scared1: Don't do that to poor Charles! All four of us were traumatized by it. Em went flying across Jake and I right into Chuck's lap during the stinging part. We didn't even feel her move, Boom, she was just over there. :laughing:

:rotfl2: Poor Em! That is a scary part.

And I am crying at the thought of Charles jumping on Jackie's lap! :rotfl:

Hurray for page 50!!!!

I have another update, but I am waiting for the 100 day mark to tell you about the worst meal ever!

Ever? Worst meal ever in history? Oh boy. Can't wait to hear about it. That's the one consolation when something less than perfect happens at Disney... at least it is good material for the TR! :lmao:

Great updates again! Love the pictures from the Tree of Life also. We love the picture of the hedgehog! Our pet hedgehog died about a month before we left for Disney. Ryan was so sad, but she lived about 3 years longer than we thought she would. He would have liked to find that animal on the tree.

It's Tough to Be a Bug---Yes we were one of those parents that traumatized their youngest by making him go see it. David hates those 3-D shows where you can feel what's going on too. But he had seen Bug's Life and loved it, and we told him he could sit on Dad's or Mom's lap if he wanted. Spiders, who was the bright imagineer who thought they wouldn't scare the patootie out of a kid (and not just one spider on the screen, but BUNCHES of them coming down from the ceiling!!!!)! He screamed that girly scream the rest of the show. You think I would have learned my lesson after we rode Dinosaur earlier in the day -- that one scared me!!! (My heart was saying "this is Disney, they won't have anything that will hurt you", my head was saying "there is a huge dinosaur IN YOUR FACE and it is going to EAT YOU!!"):scared1:

Those birds.......they were reeaally bad at Typhoon Lagoon also. The CM said they are having terrible problems not just with them now becoming aggressive, but apparently there is concern about diseases. The food areas at the water parks have to be sanitized every night.

So that's what Be Our Guest Mike and gang looks like! It's funny how we have a "picture" in our head of what the radio guys (and gals) should look like.

The 100 day mark coming up already? WOW, so exciting! I guess I need to get a ticker up for our holiday trip since I have officially made the reservations. What's the official time to make ADR's? The CM on the phone told me at 90 days, I was thinking it was 90+10 (which would back it up a bit). I don't want to miss our window.

:rotfl2: Ever? Worst meal ever in history? Oh boy. Can't wait to hear about it. That's the one consolation when something less than perfect happens at Disney... at least it is good material for the TR! :lmao:

16 trips and this was the worst one ever!! You are so gonna laugh!!

Great updates again! Love the pictures from the Tree of Life also. We love the picture of the hedgehog! Our pet hedgehog died about a month before we left for Disney. Ryan was so sad, but she lived about 3 years longer than we thought she would. He would have liked to find that animal on the tree.

It's Tough to Be a Bug---Yes we were one of those parents that traumatized their youngest by making him go see it. David hates those 3-D shows where you can feel what's going on too. But he had seen Bug's Life and loved it, and we told him he could sit on Dad's or Mom's lap if he wanted. Spiders, who was the bright imagineer who thought they wouldn't scare the patootie out of a kid (and not just one spider on the screen, but BUNCHES of them coming down from the ceiling!!!!)! He screamed that girly scream the rest of the show. You think I would have learned my lesson after we rode Dinosaur earlier in the day -- that one scared me!!! (My heart was saying "this is Disney, they won't have anything that will hurt you", my head was saying "there is a huge dinosaur IN YOUR FACE and it is going to EAT YOU!!"):scared1:

Those birds.......they were reeaally bad at Typhoon Lagoon also. The CM said they are having terrible problems not just with them now becoming aggressive, but apparently there is concern about diseases. The food areas at the water parks have to be sanitized every night.

So that's what Be Our Guest Mike and gang looks like! It's funny how we have a "picture" in our head of what the radio guys (and gals) should look like.

The 100 day mark coming up already? WOW, so exciting! I guess I need to get a ticker up for our holiday trip since I have officially made the reservations. What's the official time to make ADR's? The CM on the phone told me at 90 days, I was thinking it was 90+10 (which would back it up a bit). I don't want to miss our window.

I didn't know you had a hedgehog. Tell Ryan I am sorry.

We thought the same thing going into It's Tough the first time. We all loved Bug's Life. How bad could it be? Very bad!! Poor David!!

I think the ADR is still 90 days out. You definitely need a ticker! I'm ready to get ours done. We are not doing many sit down meals this time because we just like to grab food and go, but I am trying to get us Le Cellier for lunch. I know the children would love it. (Steak burger....YUMMM) And I want to take Chuck to Ohana's for supper on Father's day. And Em and I want to go to the Crystal palace for breakfast.....Okay maybe I do have a couple. :)

I didn't know you had a hedgehog. Tell Ryan I am sorry.

What, doesn't everyone have a pet hedgehog? Actually, we got her just to provide her a home until she passed on to the happy hedgehog hunting grounds (supposedly in a few months). Three plus years later.....we still had her. We also have a bearded dragon now....

Thanks for ADR clarification! Since we're going with no kids, we can actually try the nice restaurants! I got the Chef's special at le Cellier's (a bowl of cheddar cheese soup, the shaved prime rib sandwich, very garlic potato salad (but oh, so good!), and the maple creme brulee for dessert. That was one of our best meals. Ryan (my usually picky eater) was brave and had the salmon BLT, he said THAT was his favorite meal.

What, doesn't everyone have a pet hedgehog? Actually, we got her just to provide her a home until she passed on to the happy hedgehog hunting grounds (supposedly in a few months). Three plus years later.....we still had her. We also have a bearded dragon now....

Thanks for ADR clarification! Since we're going with no kids, we can actually try the nice restaurants! I got the Chef's special at le Cellier's (a bowl of cheddar cheese soup, the shaved prime rib sandwich, very garlic potato salad (but oh, so good!), and the maple creme brulee for dessert. That was one of our best meals. Ryan (my usually picky eater) was brave and had the salmon BLT, he said THAT was his favorite meal.

A bearded dragon? How long have I known you and I didn't know that?

I was too sick to have anything but the soup at Le Cellier last time so I am looking forward to trying it again.

All I can say about Le Cellier is.....THE BEST HAMBURGER (or steakburger) EVER! I couldn't see selling off one of my kidneys to get one of the steaks, so I decided to go for a happy median, and go with the steak burger instead (along with a bowl of the Cheddar Cheese Soup).....hmmmm....my stomach is growling just thinking about it!

Breaking News!!

Lou Mongello announced on his Podcast this week that he has planned a special event in September.

"KUNGALOOSH!!!

Join us for the Everest Adventurer's Weekend! September 24-27, 2009!

The WDW Radio Show is proud to be hosting a dinner and weekend unlike anything else, as we have rented out the now-closed Adventurers Club for one truly final Hoopla!

That’s right! We have created a special package featuring exclusive discounted room rates and a private dinner event as we celebrate the legacy of the Adventurers Club, with a private dinner and show on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm."

Chuck and I talked and we are going. We planned to go to the Adventurer's Club this last December, but then they closed it! No it's open for one last night! I am very excited. :banana:

Anyone else planning to go?

Now I need one of those flippy tickers!!

Breaking News!!

Lou Mongello announced on his Podcast this week that he has planned a special event in September.

"KUNGALOOSH!!!

Join us for the Everest Adventurer's Weekend! September 24-27, 2009!

The WDW Radio Show is proud to be hosting a dinner and weekend unlike anything else, as we have rented out the now-closed Adventurers Club for one truly final Hoopla!

That’s right! We have created a special package featuring exclusive discounted room rates and a private dinner event as we celebrate the legacy of the Adventurers Club, with a private dinner and show on Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm."

Chuck and I talked and we are going. We planned to go to the Adventurer's Club this last December, but then they closed it! No it's open for one last night! I am very excited. :banana:

Now I need one of those flippy tickers!!

We're in! Just put down our deposit, thanks to a special little birdie who let us know this was happening. I've been lurking on your TR here, which covers dates that we were there in December -- we missed meeting you then, but hoping to remedy that in September!

:banana:

We're in! Just put down our deposit, thanks to a special little birdie who let us know this was happening. I've been lurking on your TR here, which covers dates that we were there in December -- we missed meeting you then, but hoping to remedy that in September!

:banana:

YAY! I hope we'll get to see you. I'm honored you are lurking (But jump in, okay). I smile every time I see your book on the shelf at work!!

Thanks!!! Did you go with the travel agent or is there a way to book without going through them?

Right now, you have to through MEI/mouse fan to get a package (but you can go as low as one night). Lou said on his podcast that once a certain amount was reached, they would open up the event for just the dinner option only....the only problem is that you take your chance of all the dinner spots filling up before it gets to that point.

I know I felt weird going through another travel agent instead of the one we have used over the past few years. i still feel kind of guilty about it, so much so, I sent her an e-mail explaining that it had just been a one time thing and that other travel agent had meant nothing to me.
I hoping that we can get into travel agent counseling and work this out! I mean I think we should stay together if only for the sake of our ADR's.

I did hear on Inside the Magic that someone else is renting out the club the following night (09/25/09) but I really don't know who they were and there was no mention of a price. You may want to check the show notes for that info.

I figure it will be fun, not only will we be finally getting a chance to experience the Adventurer's Club, but what it looks like, we will be there with people that we already know (kinda of like a surrogate Mouse Fest).

Right now, you have to through MEI/mouse fan to get a package (but you can go as low as one night). Lou said on his podcast that once a certain amount was reached, they would open up the event for just the dinner option only....the only problem is that you take your chance of all the dinner spots filling up before it gets to that point.

I know I felt weird going through another travel agent instead of the one we have used over the past few years. i still feel kind of guilty about it, so much so, I sent her an e-mail explaining that it had just been a one time thing and that other travel agent had meant nothing to me.
I hoping that we can get into travel agent counseling and work this out! I mean I think we should stay together if only for the sake of our ADR's.

I did hear on Inside the Magic that someone else is renting out the club the following night (09/25/09) but I really don't know who they were and there was no mention of a price. You may want to check the show notes for that info.

I figure it will be fun, not only will we be finally getting a chance to experience the Adventurer's Club, but what it looks like, we will be there with people that we already know (kinda of like a surrogate Mouse Fest).

I requested a quote -- I think it would be so much fun and a good excuse for Charles and me to take off for a weekend. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking about going too! I already had a trip booked that was going to start that Saturday but what's another two days?

And you know that weekend starts Food and Wine!! :banana:

I requested a quote -- I think it would be so much fun and a good excuse for Charles and me to take off for a weekend. :thumbsup2

Oh, I hope you'll go! It would be so great to meet you!! And if the group is anything like the Mousefesters, it's a fun bunch of people! You and Charles need a weekend away. I think Chuck and I look forward to ours as much as the big summer trips.

I'm thinking about going too! I already had a trip booked that was going to start that Saturday but what's another two days?

And you know that weekend starts Food and Wine!! :banana:

Yay! I heard from a little bird (it might be the same little bird as girlbomb heard from) that you might be going! I hope you will. I am really excited now!!!!

Food and Wine, too? I'm all about the food. I wonder if there is a MNSSHP that weekend.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter