Chuck and Lynn Go to Mousefest! New 5/4!

Thanks to both of you! I remember seeing him wearing that shirt in a photo, I think!

BTW, you are the Chuck and Lynn that were on the Be Our Guest podcast at one time, right? I was on episode 33 and just recorded for the 100th episode which will air on Friday! I think I also enjoyed a Poly trip report from the two of you a while back when I was preparing for our stay there. I've learned a lot from you two!:)

That was us! Someone listened besides our family members!! I don't get to listen to podcasts, but Chuck lives on them. I'll have to see if he'll let me listen to episode 33. Where did you stay? I can't believe Mike is on episode 100 already. We had a meet with him as well. That's coming up a little later in the report.
Wasn't the Poly amazing? I'd love to stay there every trip!

The trip I talked about on BOG was our Poly trip. It was heavenly! I don't know that we'll stay there again, though, because our youngest DD was not yet three at the time, so we could fit in a room at the Poly but now that she's 3 we can't anymore.

That's great that you've met Mike. Now that I've talked to him twice, it feels like we've met so it's hard to remember that we actually haven't. Probably won't, since he usually goes in the heat of summer, and there's no more Mousefest!

The official word is Mousefest is on hiatus for 2009. I hope that means it will return in some shape or form in the future.

We used to be able to go off season when the children were small, but now we are stuck with the heat of the summer too. At least for family trips. I hope Chuck and I can sneak away more often.

This is a short one, but the next one has a ton of pictures.

Day Three Part Three

I think by now we have established that it was cold! Everytime the wind would blow, my face felt like it was on fire. (Stupid sinus infection.) Chuck suggested we look in the shops for a scarf or something I could wrap up in to help keep the wind off my ears and face. I also wanted to find something for my mom. She was so sweet to haul Jake and Em around while we were gone, basically living in our house and taking care of everything. She is not a Disney person at all (I’m not sure where I get it from) so it wasn’t going to be easy to find her something. We tried the Mombasa Marketplace right there in Africa. It’s one of my favorite shops in AK. We found a cute scarf for me.. It is pink and it says “Princess”. OH yes, it’s for me. (It looks worn now. I’ve used it a lot!)

DSCF1711-1.jpg

My mom is crazy about earrings (I did get that from her.) and I found her a cute pair made from African shells. No picture because I gave them to her on the way home. Of course, I found a cute pair for myself as well.

DSCF1715.jpg

Those are little Mickey heads dangling down. I love the ones where you can’t tell there are Mickey earrings unless you are really paying attention.

Chuck, in his never ending quest for the perfect man purse, found another contender.

DSCF1712-1.jpg

I think he found a winner with this one.

Since we spend more than forty dollars, Chuck was able to get this great watch. I regret every day I didn’t get one too. I don’t think you can tell from this picture, but the fifteen minute marks have the four park icons. It is so cool!!

DSCF1716-1.jpg

It was a very successful shopping experience!

Our FastPass time was up for the Safari again, but I just didn’t think I could take that wind so we decide to wander around the Tree of Life. I especially wanted to see our old friend, Mrs. Turtle. We got a ton of pictures so I’ll put it in our next update.

Oooo, love the watch Chuck got! Was that a special they were running if you spent more than $40? Very nice!!:) And the scarf and earrings you got were so cute, too! I'm with you, I like things that don't look obvious Disney unless you look closely. Very cute!!:goodvibes

I'm so jealous that you got to meet the founder of Allearsnet, Deb Wills. She is amazing and so is her website. That is the first Disney website that I fell in love with. It's like my Disney bible! I love your earrings and your watch. I'm for sure getting a watch this year. There are so many things I want to get, just have to have the $$ to get them. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm still here! Great updates. The photo scavenger hunt at AK sounds fun! Can't wait for more. popcorn::

Chuck, in his never ending quest for the perfect man purse, found another contender.

DSCF1712-1.jpg

I think he found a winner with this one.

I am very pleased with my super cool man purse. Not only does it function well for me in the parks, it goes to work with me every day (I'm not ashamed!) and hangs from the cage in my patrol car (it holds all my personal stuff like my wallet, phone a book or two, pda, etc...and I can just grab and go when I get in and out of the car).
Yes the search for the ultimate man purse is complete!:woohoo:

Congratulations on finding the quintessential man purse! :thumbsup2 All of your purchases look great. I love Disney shopping. Sigh.

Looking forward to the Tree of Life!! popcorn::

Oooo, love the watch Chuck got! Was that a special they were running if you spent more than $40? Very nice!!:) And the scarf and earrings you got were so cute, too! I'm with you, I like things that don't look obvious Disney unless you look closely. Very cute!!:goodvibes

Don't you lovthat watch? It was one of those specials. I hope they still have it in June!

I'm so jealous that you got to meet the founder of Allearsnet, Deb Wills. She is amazing and so is her website. That is the first Disney website that I fell in love with. It's like my Disney bible! I love your earrings and your watch. I'm for sure getting a watch this year. There are so many things I want to get, just have to have the $$ to get them. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I know. Money just flows through my fingers like water at Disney! I try to be selective because we go to WDW so much. I just want to buy everything I see!

I'm still here! Great updates. The photo scavenger hunt at AK sounds fun! Can't wait for more. popcorn::

I'm glad! I'm lurking at your report. I wish they had let us keep the scavenger hunt sheet. It would have been fun to do again un June with the children.

Congratulations on finding the quintessential man purse! :thumbsup2 All of your purchases look great. I love Disney shopping. Sigh.

Looking forward to the Tree of Life!! popcorn::

I miss Disney shopping!

I'm trying to come up with something special for the Tree of Life!

Great day at AK! It sounds like the meet was great!

It was fun! I am going to miss Mousefest this year.......:guilty:

I know. Money just flows through my fingers like water at Disney! I try to be selective because we go to WDW so much. I just want to buy everything I see!

Ah Ha! I now have a public admission! But who am I to say anything. I intentionally leave my credit card in the hotel room so that I won't be tempted to purchase anything that I don't already have the cash for.
You should see us after we stop off at the Disney Outlet store, we usually walk out with enough WDW Clothing and assorted Disney swag, that we could most likely outfit the whole neighborhood....hmmm.....I wonder what that would like, all my neighbors (including the gangbangers down the street (we'll just have to get them mickey ears in red) wearing T-Shirts with Mickey's face on them and wearing Mickey Ears.

I have that very same AK messenger bag. It is awesome. It holds everything for a day in the parks including all my cameral lenses and still has room for those somehow essential purchases! I am not much for logo wear from anywhere else in the world, but at Disney I'm like Lynn - I love it all! I actually do wear and use everything I buy there with great happiness. It was incredible during December when they put all the t-shirts, Christmas ornaments and mugs on sale - all things I like to get while I'm there.

The AllEars event looked really fun - I'm sorry I missed it, but glad to experience it a little bit through your report!

I now know why Chuck is called Constable. I had now idea he drove around in a squad car. woowoowoo

I want so badly to put a mickey head on the antenna of the squad car, but for some reason the department looks down on that. Go figure!

I have that very same AK messenger bag. It is awesome. It holds everything for a day in the parks including all my cameral lenses and still has room for those somehow essential purchases! I am not much for logo wear from anywhere else in the world, but at Disney I'm like Lynn - I love it all! I actually do wear and use everything I buy there with great happiness. It was incredible during December when they put all the t-shirts, Christmas ornaments and mugs on sale - all things I like to get while I'm there.

The AllEars event looked really fun - I'm sorry I missed it, but glad to experience it a little bit through your report!

If I'm not at work, I am usually wearing something with WDW on it. Even at work in the summer I can wear my Mickey head polo shirts. I love putting more Disney in my day!!

That was a great sale. I'm saving what I bought for later in the report! ( I love it!)

I want so badly to put a mickey head on the antenna of the squad car, but for some reason the department looks down on that. Go figure!

:rotfl: :rotfl: That one made me laugh out loud! That would be hilarious to a squad car driving around with a Mickey head!! :rotfl: My husband has a Mickey polo shirt and wears it ALL the time. I'm going to have to get him another one this year. Our school colors are orange and brown and his shirt is orange. Our son plays football and basketball, so you know that shirt has seen its fair share of high school sporting events!!

I am loving ALL of your purchases. Very cute and very practical. :goodvibes

Thanks!

:rotfl: :rotfl: That one made me laugh out loud! That would be hilarious to a squad car driving around with a Mickey head!! :rotfl: My husband has a Mickey polo shirt and wears it ALL the time. I'm going to have to get him another one this year. Our school colors are orange and brown and his shirt is orange. Our son plays football and basketball, so you know that shirt has seen its fair share of high school sporting events!!

I guess it would detract from his big bad copness to put Mickey stuff on the patrol car. It's not like they don't tease him enough at the department about our WDW obsession. Of course, who do they call when they need to plan a trip? :rotfl:

Deb from allears interviewed me in December when I was there for my Mom's Panel training and she is so sweet isn't she!

The scavanger hunt sounds like it was so much fun and I loved all your goodies :)

I'm not saying anything, but a few years ago when we were reviewing the new policy changes, when we got to the part not adding anything onto our cars (like antenna toppers and bumper stickers)....everybody stopped and looked at me.....gee, it certainly is nice to know that I am the reason for a policy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter