Chubby Thighs and PROUD!

Hey Ladies, I gotta be quick, but I just wanted to let you know that I went to Value City, and saw a rack of men's underwear for .99 with 50% off. And lo and behold, what did they have on there? 2 pairs of black boxer briefs! They feel great! I'm going to wear a pair to work. Hopefully they won't feel too hot! So give them a try! Especially if they are CHEAP!

welovedis said:
beattyfamily-are those from an online store? They look like they'd be thinner than some regular bike shorts and would be great under dresses, a layer without a lot of bulk!

Right, they're not really shorts, but underwear.

They are available HERE. They are expensive but they work great.

They also have THESE which are $5. cheaper but I haven't tried them yet.

I think they're well worth it. I wear them under dresses all the time.

I think I'll just dip myself in zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) from head to toe before I head out for the parks. That should eliminate any chafing issues! :rotfl:

But seriously, a question about using powder...Doesn't powder get all gunky (word?) when you start to sweat?

BTW, this is a really attractive topic. :lmao: Oh, the things one will talk about when no one knows who you are. :rolleyes1

sanctus said:
Not that I'm a full fledged member of the chubby thighs sweaty breasts club :cheer2: ................ok, maybe I am.

Antiperspirant under the breasts helps. And if you don't stop it in time and get the awful rash, that's a yeast thing. Treat it with any OTC yeast infection stuff. Umm...not that I know.... :blush:

And for the first time ever, I'm hoping the tag fairy doesn't see me.

I'm going to rustle up some BodyGlide before our trip next month, but just wanted to add my :thumbsup2 to the anti-perspirant under the breasts suggestion. That stuff is a lifesaver! ;)

This is why I always wear Capris when Im at WDW. I usually go in Feb so I wear denim capris. Two trips ago I did wear a skirt one day because we were going out to dinner afterwords, Big mistake.. plus I wore flimsy flip flops that matched ( It was Valentines day and I wanted to look cute) Yes I looked really cute hobling out of the MK that night. Capris or pants are good.. or my Longer shorts but even then Id rather be in Capris.

beattyfamily said:
Right, they're not really shorts, but underwear.

They are available HERE. They are expensive but they work great.

They also have THESE which are $5. cheaper but I haven't tried them yet.

I think they're well worth it. I wear them under dresses all the time.

Thanks for the link, I've occasionally seen these on eBay but didn't want to spend the $$ to try them. I'll definitely have to give them a whirl and see how they are, look perfect for dresses! :thumbsup2

MyZoeJane said:
:wave:

Can we switch to sharing tips for dealing with the whole "sweating under your breasts" thing? :blush: :rotfl:

Anti-perspirant! Someone told me this before I was about to sing a concert in 98degree heat and it worked great!

my tip for sweaty breasts is to stay away from cotton bras. I try to either wear nylon bras or one of those sports bras made out of moisture wicking material.

"sweating under your breasts"

Yep, your regular underarm antipersperant will do the trick!

For the thigh chafing, I use zinc oxide ointment, it's been a lifesaver to me at times! The best part is, I can find it in the Dollar Store. :thumbsup2

Monistat also makes a great powder! It's called Soothing Care It's a medicated powder. I used it in my bra! Helps with the sweating and chafing there. I've tried using antipersperant and didn't like that too much. Can't wait to try the bodyglide for the thighs!

Thanks for the tip ladies!

Chub Rub sisters of the world unite!!!! :lmao:
I think I am definetly going to purchase some chub rub cream for our next trip. I have had chub rub since birth no matter how skinny I managed to get. I wore a skirt on our last trip for dinner and we walked aorund the parks after. I swear there were sparks shooting out the bottom from the friction! princess:

Ok, I can only join the chub rub part of this club. Last year, we went in September and I bought matching outfits for the whole family form th Disney store and I had the cutest skirt. Well, by the end of the day I'm suprised I didn't start a fire from all the rubbing! My sweet DH ran into a store and bought me a pair of boxers in Magic Kingdom. I will be buying the BodyGlide.

Just want to say hi! I've also had this problem my whole life, no matter how thin I was. A few weeks ago with our heat wave was brutal and my BF couldn't understand my discomfort! Thanks for all the tips!

I'd like to try a pair of those "biker short underwear" too. Wondering if anyone has seen them in stores vs. online? Oh, and in smaller sizes? :confused3 That site started at 1X.

I can be part of the chubby thighs club. Thank goodness mine do not rub. I can walk all day and they are fine. DH and I golf. Let me tell you if they do not rub playing golf in 95 degree heat and humidity they won't at WDW. :rotfl2: Now the sweating under the breasts.....Baby powder is a life saver for me for that. ;)

My dh is an avid mountain/road biker and is in really great shape, but he too, has to use something to prevent chaffing. He swears by Chamois Butter. It comes in a tube and it sells for about $10.00. You can get it at a bike store.

I've been meaning to read this thread. Great ideas! But, since we only do carry-ons, I'll have to stick with my old stand-by: Baby Powder (the cornstarch variety).

And if they don't let me take that on the plane, they're really see TERROR!

Hello Ladies!!

Ok, so I dont have that much in the thigh department. I wish.But everywhere else. I have it. But, I think I will try the anti perspirant. Will see how that works out!! Thanks for the heads up ladies!!

Tried the anti-persperant trick at the gym yesterday and it did work! I waited until everyone was out of view in the locker room to put in on though-didn't want to end up in the next volume of "locker room stories"

Another chub rubber here! I have used bodyglide on my last 4 trips and had no signs of irritation! I only re-apply if we go back to the resort and swim, otherwise it lasted all day for me! Now I got to try the antipersperant for my other problem! Thanks! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter