chubby people

No, if you are a little overweight there is no issue. There are test seats outside the rides that have restrictions.

This was posted in the hotel section. Since even chubby people can fit in the hotel rooms, I'm moving it to the themepark section.

Not sure how chubby you are, I'm about 30 LBs over weight and have never had a problem on any ride. Now I haven't done the new HP FJ yet, but I hear they have fixed that problem by installing a section of new seats for us chubby peeps.

The High in the Sky Trolley Train ride in the Dr Seuss area is a little weird to sit/fit in. I could fit, but the way the molded seats are, i had to turn my leg a little because there was a big plastic thing in the middle sticking up (Like a divider) The seats remind me of ones you would see on a roller coaster or something, it was surprising to me. I don't ride any of the thrill rides, So I can't be sure there.

When we were there in 2009, there were certain lines that you could stand in that had larger seats. I am very large and fit into all the rides I wanted to. This included Hulk, The mummy, dueling dragons,ect. Rip ride rocket was not open yet and I was not about to do the free fall :)

I guess I would clarify, to yourself, what you mean by chubby. I am 6' and about 280. Every thrill ride at Universal I had to ask what/where the modified seats were and sometimes you had to "fight" for them. Dueling Dragons and Forbidden Journey were not a problem as the people working the queues helped out a lot. At Hulk, staff directed me incorrectly and had to really push me into my seat to get it to latch. At Rip Ride Rock It and Doctor Doom, the staff had to convince another rider to move and they were less then thrilled.

On a personal note, this was such a change from my experiences at WDW that I am not entirely sure about going to Universal anytime soon. I am very self-conscious and having to put myself out there just to enjoy a ride was a little out of my comfort zone.

My husband is 6'4, and weighs around 280. He mainly had (major)trouble on Dudley Do Rights, and I think a little on the Hulk. Everything else he was fine on. He even rode Cat In the Hat, and the Trolley without any issues.

We were there in April of last year before HP opened so I have no idea about FJ.

I am well above normal weight and still was able to fit into nearly everything I wanted to ride, including The Mummy, Ripsaw Falls, The Simpsons, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park...everything except FJ. One issue that can arise in this situation involves the unitary safety bar that comes down to restrain more than one person (e.g., The Simpsons). Because my size causes the bar to click into place fairly quickly, the other person/people in the ride car have a tougher time holding on for stability during the ride. I think this also occurs on Jurassic Park and maybe Spider-Man. I didn't get kicked off because of it, but it's possible the TM will come by and shove the bar down some more if they see riders not properly secured.

On a side note, Ripsaw Falls was a VERY dicey proposition. I did ride it, which turned out great because it was my niece's favorite ride, but it was quite a scrunch to get in there. The TMs probably should have kicked me out because I really wasn't properly seated in the ride car. Anyhoo, I'd suggest reading up on this particular ride for tips on how to fit when it comes back into service; I vaguely recall seeing a thread or threads about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter