Christmastime Questions

njdisneyfreak

DIS Veteran
I know it's early to be talking about this, but my DH and I just returned from WDW and already are planning to return for Christmas '07. We plan to be there from 12/22 until 1/1. Even though it's almost a year and a half away, we were hoping that some of you could help us gather information between now and then. So, here goes:

1. When can I check out the website for the prices for December 2007? How early can I book?

2. We plan on staying at PopCentury. Does anyone know if they decorate there for the holidays?

3. We know it's a crazy time for crowds. What are some tips on how to get the most out of our time?

4. Will Mickey's Christmas Party still be going on during that time?

5. Will Epcot's candlelight processional still be going on during that time?

6. Which restaurants do you recommend eating during this time, because of the way they decorate (as well as the food)?

7. When can I begin booking restaurants for that time period?

8. I'm from NJ. Will sweatshirts and a jacket do for colder days, or does anyone recommend a coat?

9. On Christmas Day, we want to be in the MK, but what is typically happening in the other parks and in downtown during this time? Is it possible to enjoy more than just one place on that day?

10. Which park is best for New Year's Eve?

I know this is quite a list of questions, but I have the time. So, if any of you have been to Disney during this time, and could offer your advice, we'd really appreciate.

It's never too soon to plan. I can't wait! :yay:

We were at Disney last December. True, it was the beginning of the month (DD turned 6 on December 8), but I can answer some of the questions. Not all, by any means, but a few. :)

The Pop Century certainly decorates for Christmas. Most important there is the music :listen: , which is pretty much Christmas novelty songs. :cool1: There was at least a Christmas tree in the lobby. They might get more decorated the closer it gets to Christmas.

As far as the temperature goes, well, since your from New Jersey, it will probably feel fairly warm to you. :woohoo: While we were there, we wore shorts and other people wore winter coats. It's all in what you're used to. You might want to consider taking something a little warmer, just in case. (And for when you get off the airplane. We were met with snow. :scared1: )

Everything should still be going on while you're there. I think that, at WDW, Christmas lasts through the first week of January. (I could be wrong, of course.)

Have fun. :santa: pixiedust: :santa:

We go every December. Everything is decorated. The Party is still on get tickets early. Book room now. All parks are a most see buy the hopper. All pools are heated. bring shorts and a coat you never know. Favorite reasturant is Lacellers but ther are so many to choose from. Don't miss the oswald lights at MGM. Have a great time try and book everything early. your going to love it so get excited.:rotfl: :lmao:

You asked all the questions that i want answers too.

im not exactly sure of our dates though. my ds will be turning 13 ( :eek: on christmas eve, and i thought it would be great to be in disney then. so maybe the 21 or 22 until the 30th.

wishing i could book NOW. I know i can do the room only and then switch it, but i want to know exactly what i need to save and budget for at once.

Heres to hoping time flies!

megan

We're not sure when we'll be going, but thinking about this time of the year too. We'd start earlier, 19th-26 probably. I'm not sure if we should since this would be our first trip there, and I'm not so sure about going with the huge crowds.

I am going this Christmas from the 17th through the 28th :yay: . I will answer all the questions I can when I get back. :rotfl: lol I know thats still 5 months away but its the best I can do :rolleyes1 . :bounce:

I really appreciate everyone's responses, so far. Keep them coming!

Geologist4hire said: I am going this Christmas from the 17th through the 28th . I will answer all the questions I can when I get back. lol I know thats still 5 months away but its the best I can do.

I for one will really appreciate it. It's okay that I will have to wait until you return. By the time you return, I'll be a year away from returning to WDW and more than ready to hear what you found out.

pookybean said: You asked all the questions that i want answers too.

im not exactly sure of our dates though. my ds will be turning 13 ( on christmas eve, and i thought it would be great to be in disney then. so maybe the 21 or 22 until the 30th.

wishing i could book NOW. I know i can do the room only and then switch it, but i want to know exactly what i need to save and budget for at once.

Heres to hoping time flies!

megan

I'm glad that I'm helping you out. I tried to cover all the bases I could think of. At least I know that someone else is counting down along with us!!! I also hope that time flies until we get to go back. My DH and I have never been in the winter or the Christmas/New Year holidays and can't wait to see WDW with all of its holiday changes.

scraper said: We go every December. Everything is decorated. The Party is still on get tickets early. Book room now. All parks are a most see buy the hopper. All pools are heated. bring shorts and a coat you never know. Favorite reasturant is Lacellers but ther are so many to choose from. Don't miss the oswald lights at MGM. Have a great time try and book everything early. your going to love it so get excited.

Thanks for the feedback Scraper! You said book everything early. I know I'm a year and five months away, but how soon can I begin booking everything?

http://www.***************.com/ticker/user_tickers/22072006210021.gif http://www.***************.com/ticker/user_tickers/22072006210021.gif.png

njdisneyfreak said:
I know it's early to be talking about this, but my DH and I just returned from WDW and already are planning to return for Christmas '07. We plan to be there from 12/22 until 1/1. Even though it's almost a year and a half away, we were hoping that some of you could help us gather information between now and then. So, here goes:

1. When can I check out the website for the prices for December 2007? How early can I book?

2. We plan on staying at PopCentury. Does anyone know if they decorate there for the holidays?

3. We know it's a crazy time for crowds. What are some tips on how to get the most out of our time?

4. Will Mickey's Christmas Party still be going on during that time?

5. Will Epcot's candlelight processional still be going on during that time?

6. Which restaurants do you recommend eating during this time, because of the way they decorate (as well as the food)?

7. When can I begin booking restaurants for that time period?

8. I'm from NJ. Will sweatshirts and a jacket do for colder days, or does anyone recommend a coat?

9. On Christmas Day, we want to be in the MK, but what is typically happening in the other parks and in downtown during this time? Is it possible to enjoy more than just one place on that day?

10. Which park is best for New Year's Eve?

I know this is quite a list of questions, but I have the time. So, if any of you have been to Disney during this time, and could offer your advice, we'd really appreciate.

It's never too soon to plan. I can't wait! :yay:
You want to take the time to check out the Xmas decor at as many of the resorts as possible. Disney goes all out when it comes to holiday decor. Make a loop of the Epcot resorts and also take a monorail loop to see the setups at the GF,CT,and the Poly. You may also want to check out the WL and AKL. Each of these resorts sports it's own unique Xmas decor and the pastry chefs at each of them make some sort of elaborate gingerbread display. I am always amazed at how beautiful they all look. Also be sure to see the Osborne Lights at MGM and the gigantic tree in the lobby of the Dolphin.

I emailed my TA the other day and she said i could book a basic package in about 3 weeks.

i am so excited to finally be getting sort of closer. and we finally decided to go 12/22 - 1/2 YAY!

megan

I was there the begining of last Dec. also. The crowds were not bad. But even if they were it would be worth it. Disney is such a magical place anyway...but to see it decorated for Christmas is just incredible!!! My DH and I are going this Nov.26-Dec.2nd. His 1st trip ever!!! I can't wait!!!! He's already been dusted with pixie dust!!! pixiedust:

I haven't posted for a while, because I figured I would wait until after this past holiday season. For those of you have gone for the Christmas and/or New Year's season, can you give us some pointers? I'm booked from 12/21 through 1/1.

Thanks so much!!! :hourglass

You're doing the right thing with your schedule. Last year, DW and I came home from vacation early enough in December that we had to work a few days before Christmas. Bad move. It totally robbed us of the great Christmas spirit we'd gained at WDW. This year, we'll be staying through the Saturday before Christmas, so we don't have to work until after Christmas is over. :goodvibes

Anyway, the only Christmas-specific advice I can think of is: Make time to meander around the parks and resorts, enjoying the music, the Christmas decorations, and the overall feeling of WDW at Christmas.

Other than that, just make sure you follow the usual advice for busy times in WDW. Pick your park carefully, and get there early each day. If you leave the park, realize that you might not be able to get back in if it's a very, very busy day. Etc.

Have a wonderful vacation! (Only 337 days to go!)

LOL i was reading this thread and forgot i posted to it till i read my post LOL

we are booked now too, dec 19th -dec 30th, same thing so i dont have to work ASAP after i get back. staying at POP, there are now 9 of us going. we are slowly deciding on things we want to see/do/eat but i am trying to find something good for christmas dinner. we want something traditional (turkey, ham, all the fixins) and i would like it family style rather than buffet or order whatever you want. and i am thinking i would prefer it to be at a resort just in case the parks close cuz they are too full. i dont want to be stuck eating CS on christmas.

bring on all the suggestions who ever was just there!!!

megan

LOL i was reading this thread and forgot i posted to it till i read my post LOL

we are booked now too, dec 19th -dec 30th, same thing so i dont have to work ASAP after i get back. staying at POP, there are now 9 of us going. we are slowly deciding on things we want to see/do/eat but i am trying to find something good for christmas dinner. we want something traditional (turkey, ham, all the fixins) and i would like it family style rather than buffet or order whatever you want. and i am thinking i would prefer it to be at a resort just in case the parks close cuz they are too full. i dont want to be stuck eating CS on christmas.

bring on all the suggestions who ever was just there!!!

megan
Megan -

We plan to book our Christmas night meal at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. Apparently, they do a totally traditional meal with turkey, cranberry sauce, etc. and we just plan to arrive early at the park with breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace and not leave the park all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter