Christmas ???

wallawallakids

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about doing the crazy thing I said I would never do....Christmas at WDW~:eek:
My question is should I book it now, or wait? It looks like villas are not available now (They don't release those until 6 months prior, right?) Do they ever do room discounts over the holidays? I am assuming they don't have to so they probably don't, right? Just wondering if there is any point of waiting, besides the fact that I want a villa and might have to wait for that anyway unless I try to rent points. Thanks!

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year, so I would book as soon as you know your dates (and/or when the villas become available for booking) so you are sure to get what you want. As far as a discount, one isn't likely as Disney doesn't really have any trouble filling rooms during Christmas. But with that said, I wouldn't say never as anything can happen, but I would book expecting to pay rack rate. Good luck and happy planning.

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year, so I would book as soon as you know your dates (and/or when the villas become available for booking) so you are sure to get what you want. As far as a discount, one isn't likely as Disney doesn't really have any trouble filling rooms during Christmas. But with that said, I wouldn't say never as anything can happen, but I would book expecting to pay rack rate. Good luck and happy planning.

Thank you!

Disney does seem to do a discount that ends a few days before Christmas. So, if the discount ends the 21st or 22nd, and you stay, say, the 20th thru the 27th, then you might get a discount for a couple of nights!

Disney does seem to do a discount that ends a few days before Christmas. So, if the discount ends the 21st or 22nd, and you stay, say, the 20th thru the 27th, then you might get a discount for a couple of nights!

Great! Thanks. Something is better than nothing! :)

We've gone over Christmas a few times. Between Dec 23 to Jan 1, I've never seen a discount of any kind. We have, however, had discounts for both before and after those dates so it is possible some of your days may have a discount released but don't wait for that to happen. Book as soon as you have your dates firmed up and probably your travel arrangements made too. You can add any discounts to your reservation later.:)

We went this past Christmas Dec 22-28th. There were NO discounts for our nights past the 23rd or 24th (if I remember correctly). We were planning to pay cash, but then decided to use points thru DVC.

I was freaked out to go at that time, but with good planning, it was really wonderful and a magical trip!:goodvibes

If you know which villa you want and it is in the DVC. You can rent points from a member. The members can book rooms 11 months out if it is their home resort 7 months out for non home resort resort. So you don't have to wait until 6 months out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter