Christmas

dpuck1998

<font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen
Anyone else putting up decorations yet? Or will I be the first when I do it this weekend?

We actually just put away all of the Halloween decorations last night :lmao:

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to put out Thanksgiving decorations or not, since we'll just be putting them away and putting up Christmas decorations in two weeks, during the weekend after Thanksgiving.

A house in my neighborhood already has their lights up and turned on. I will do mine Thanksgiving weekend, - not doing as much this year since I won't be home during most of December.

I'm encouraging DUHGreg to do it this weekend too. It's supposed to be nice, why wait until it's freezing out!! I put candles in our windows - I've started doing that. I think we have 13 windows. It sounds easy, you plug in candles and attach them to the window (we don't have window sills). Except - they don't work, put in new bulbs, still don't work - ya know, they're made in another country - I think they're only made to work one year, then you have to go out and buy more! So far I have one window done, with a new candle. And I saw houses with their lights on last night so we're not the first.

I am going to try to put up the outside lights this weekend, it is going to be nice here, and if I wait I know it will turn real cold real quick. I won't put out the wreaths, or turn on the lights until after Thanksgiving.

I am going to try to put up the outside lights this weekend, it is going to be nice here, and if I wait I know it will turn real cold real quick. I won't put out the wreaths, or turn on the lights until after Thanksgiving.

that's my plan too (I just have to get DUHGreg to agree).:goodvibes

We decorate the weekend before Christmas. I mean, we're still two weeks out from Thanksgiving. :rotfl2:

I'm a firm believer in enjoying things as they happen. There's no need to celebrate Christmas for six weeks.

Anyone else putting up decorations yet? Or will I be the first when I do it this weekend?

I don't acknowledge Christmas until after Thanksgiving but I do like when all the houses get their Thanksgiving lights up. It gives me something to look at during the long, dark, cold (luckily not yet) winter runs.

Geez... it's awfully early, BUT the weather is supposed to be very nice this weekend- so it might be a good idea for DH to get the outside lights up now before it gets cold and nasty.

I plan to spend Black Friday and that weekend doing the inside stuff. That's assuming I have all my PPC2.0 magnets done and packing ready to go...

lights and wreaths for sure will go up this weekend.

The tree usually would go up as well, but with a crawling climbing baby we are going to wait a few extra weeks, to save my sanity. (yesterday he redecorated my kitchen by emptying out all my cupboards onto the floor)

We have new furniture in the house so that means some of my past decorations that sat on furniture no longer have homes.

okay, you guys officially convinced me to start this weekend. I was already thinking about it and have some other friends elsewhere on the DIS that I know already started last weekend.......

we leave the weekend after Thanksgiving of course and I like to always have the tree up at least for Thanksgiving. We are going to be travelling to in laws and won't have time that weekend. So it has to be this weekend or next. Since we are gone the 4-11th, i want time to enjoy my decor a bit, so it will go up this weekend- at least the tree (yep, fake, allergies!). Glad I am not the only crazy one. We will wait on the outside decorations until Thanksgiving probably though.:santa:

When your done, come on over and do me.

Umm....err....:love:

Like many others said, I like to put them up when its warm out, so hopefully I will be done this weekend. Also, we light them early since we have xmas at my inlaws on thanksgiving and we leave for Florida on Dec 16th. I want to be able to enjoy them for a month at least. The tree will be up this weekend also...and full decorated!

We still have our Halloween outside decorations up! ....Really need to take those down...

We've lived in this house for 2 years, but this is the first year we're actually putting up outside lights. The inside is always decorated to the nine's - however I wait until after Thanksgiving to do it.

We're going away for Christmas. That, plus we've a 10 month old kitten who gets into EVERYTHING, will minamize our decorations this year. I'll put up my usual door wreaf, plus a few other decorations that won't "spoil".

I will enjoy looking at everyone else's lights & decorations!

One of my sisters in MN has all of her outdoor Christmas Decorations up already. She has even turned them on a couple of times to make sure the lights are where she wants them.

She said the weather was so nice she had to do it now.

Yep this weekend for us too. :thumbsup2 We are going to be in FL for most of December so we want to get to enjoy the decorations for at least a little bit.

- Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter