Christmas

We were there this past Christmas...Well the week before Christmas week...All week was pretty good, more crowded than past years, the secret is definetely out...We were there Sat to the following Sunday...The last Saturday was busy, 30-60 min waits...compared to 5-40 mins during the week...Sunday as we were leaving, all I can say is holy cow the people that we coming into the resorts....You could tell a huge difference and you knew it was gonna be packed...I cant compare it to any holiday but the weekend was definetely busier than the week before...

I hope that helps or gives you and Idea...I do know that Christmas and NY week is by far the busiest week at Disney...If you can go earlier in the month...do it

Do you have Crowd Questions?
If it is a holiday, if school is out, if it is when you are planning on going... odds are it will be crowded at WDW. The special offers and incentives have made it so that there is not slow time of year, just less busy times of year (yes, even with this economy).

One small clue, if you are going during the value season odds are good the crowds will be low, if you are going during the AmEX platinum, ultra exclusive high holiday season... odds are there might be a crowd.

The first couple weeks of September and February are the slowest times of year. If you are not going with in these time periods, expect crushing hordes of Brazilian Tour groups to be cutting in line, Cheerleaders everywhere, Pop Warner to be everywhere, or the Brits, or people from New Jersey, or your neighbors, or everyone else on the planet to be there.

When you ask what are the crowds like from date A. to date b. you can expect to get every answer from "Carnival Ape crazy packed" to "walked right on everything" and both answers could be correct. Expect that on any given day of the year there are about 250,000 people on average in Orlando that want to goto the amusement and theme parks. There are calendar and planning tools so that you can adjust your expectations on wait times for attractions. For what they charge vs. the cost of what for many is a once in a life time trip... invest in the knowledge of others that have come before you. There is a reason the size of the WDW section is so big in your local book store.

I know just asking the crowd what the crowds will be like is the easy way out, but the answer you get will probably not be as accurate as picking up a book or two and doing some research.

... and no you cannot just buy extra days on your tickets and use those days to park hop. park hopping is an added feature added at a flat rate for the length of your ticket. Trying to use an extra day as admission to a second park will result in your immediate electrocution by the finger scanners.

Do you have Crowd Questions?
If it is a holiday, if school is out, if it is when you are planning on going... odds are it will be crowded at WDW. The special offers and incentives have made it so that there is not slow time of year, just less busy times of year (yes, even with this economy).

One small clue, if you are going during the value season odds are good the crowds will be low, if you are going during the AmEX platinum, ultra exclusive high holiday season... odds are there might be a crowd.

The first couple weeks of September and February are the slowest times of year. If you are not going with in these time periods, expect crushing hordes of Brazilian Tour groups to be cutting in line, Cheerleaders everywhere, Pop Warner to be everywhere, or the Brits, or people from New Jersey, or your neighbors, or everyone else on the planet to be there.

When you ask what are the crowds like from date A. to date b. you can expect to get every answer from "Carnival Ape crazy packed" to "walked right on everything" and both answers could be correct. Expect that on any given day of the year there are about 250,000 people on average in Orlando that want to goto the amusement and theme parks. There are calendar and planning tools so that you can adjust your expectations on wait times for attractions. For what they charge vs. the cost of what for many is a once in a life time trip... invest in the knowledge of others that have come before you. There is a reason the size of the WDW section is so big in your local book store.

I know just asking the crowd what the crowds will be like is the easy way out, but the answer you get will probably not be as accurate as picking up a book or two and doing some research.

... and no you cannot just buy extra days on your tickets and use those days to park hop. park hopping is an added feature added at a flat rate for the length of your ticket. Trying to use an extra day as admission to a second park will result in your immediate electrocution by the finger scanners.

TO the OP...This is a BS generic response that this guy or gal has been posting in every crowd question thread cause he is unhappy about all the crowd questions...

He is no more trying to help you with disney planning than the bagger at your local supermarket...

You asked specifically about Christmas not about Sept or Feb or any other time of the year....

I think a better response to his unhappiness with crowd questions would be to say "Try the search button it works now" but since I try to help and not criticize people for having a question...I wouldnt do that...I just answer to the best of my knowledge..I am sure he will have some argumentive response as he has in every post I have made tonight...

personal attacks are not permitted, you have violated the terms of service.

So have you with every unhappy post about crowds thats an attack on every person with a crowd question...mine was only too you...You can report me I am cool with that.....:lovestruc

personal attacks are not permitted, you have violated the terms of service.

Oh and how did my post personally attack you? I dont see a personal attack...I never called you a name or anything...just disagreed with your response...nothing in the rules about disagreeing with you...

If I say its 75 degree's outside and you say 79...thats not a personal attack? thats a difference of opinion...

you interpret a discussion about crowd questions as an attack, that shows more about you than it does about me. best of luck with that.

asking the general question of what crowds will be like is very subjective based on individual bias. like asking, what rides will my family like... or what restaurants do you like... you will get the entire range of answers possible. which is less help than explaining that crowds are created by large groups of people. most people will be in heavy crowds because heavy crowds are when the most people are there. the current range of offers and discounts are working and keeping the parks full. therefore it is going to be crowded the rest of the year. just because you don't like the answer, does not make the answer any less true.

at Christmas it is very crowded, imagine everyone you have ever meet in your bathtub at the same time, with a 120 min wait for the towel. At Christmas and Easter the WDW resorts exceed 100% capacity (exceeded 100% is statistical based on being full with no rooms held in reserve).

both are Peek Season, the most expensive time of year to go. the prices on everything are raised. you can expect park closures due to capacity often during these periods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter