Christmas .....who's going and where are you staying??

mollyseven

Mollyseven
We are planning on CBR for December 20th in order to get the free dining for our stay. Booked a preferred room for better location. Done Christmas before and we know it's busy but it's also lovely and we want to see the Candlelight Processional with Gary Sinese!!

We are in Orlando from December 23 to December 30. Staying onsite at SeaWorld at the Residence Inn in a one bedroom suite.

This is our first time being in Orlando actually on Christmas. Last year we were there New Years week (December 31 - January 7).

We chose SeaWorld for several reasons. Its our family's favourite park in Orlando, plus we love having Quick Queue during higher crowd periods. And because we are staying at an onsite property, those will be free this time around :cool1:.

Some of the things we have planned so far........

SeaWorld (multiple times), Aquatica (with a cabana rental), an airboat ride at Wild Willy's, Gatorland, the Toronto Raptors/Orlando Magic game on December 29th, ICE! at Gaylord Palms (and gingerbread cookie decorating :cheer2:), Downtown Disney, and lots of shopping (we LOVE the outlet malls). We also have some special dining experiences booked including Santa's Fireside Feast and Dine with Shamu (both at SeaWorld), T-Rex in DTD (a first for us!), breakfast at O'hanas (a family favourite), and the Shrek Feast at Gaylorld Palms.

Flying out of Buffalo for the first time.....we shall see how that compares to our beloved Syracuse. Also flying Airtran one direction, which is another first for us.

Upon arrival back in Buffalo on the 30th, we are staying one night in Niagara Falls before making the journey home on New Years Eve Day.

We did Christmas week two years ago (loved it), but this time we are at OKW from Jan 1-8, although we will be in Daytona December 31st - DD and her BFF wanted to spend New Year's Eve at the ocean, plan to release lanterns like Tangled (except only one each instead of thousands lol). And we are driving down because of the side trip to Daytona and to have a car, since rentals are so expensive right now, and airfare during the holidays isn't so great either.

Hey Molly!

Maybe we'll run into you down there. We're on a cruise that stops at Port Canaveral for the day and are still deciding where to head for the day. I know where I want to go but for some reason the rest of my family feel they should have a say too. :confused3

Have fun with your family. You all deserve a most magical vacation!

Hoping for some extra special pixie dust.pixiedust:

We will be spending two fun-filled weeks in Florida from Dec. 22 to Jan. 6. We will start in Miami, then spend a few days in Boca Raton with family around Christmas, drive up to the Space Coast area and visit Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach, head to WDW where we will be staying at Old Key West on the 29, 31, 31, and move to Animal Kingdom Jambo for Jan. 1, 2, 3. This will be our first time to Florida and Disney during this time of year and it will be nice to still see all the Christmas decorations up when we arrive. From there we will probably stay at the Drury Inn and spent a couple of day on I-drive shopping and going to Sea World. We purchased the Go Orlando cards through Smart Destinations when they were recently on sale and will try to get our money's worth out of those by visiting as many attractions as possible as it also includes Miami and many other areas.

We just decided last weekend to go for Xmas. We get there on the 25th and come home on Jan 6. We are staying at AKV and OKW. We lucked out & booked with our DVC points.

We are flying out of Halifax on December 25th and back on January 3rd.

Canadian Disney Mom: Cool that we will be there at the same time....New Brunswick Represent!:lmao:

Hey Diamond......
I am tentatively excited.....too afraid to actually think we could pull this off to be honest.
I have booked and we are booked out of Buffalo but who knows if we will actually make this.....we are praying matthew stays well enough to go and no one else gets sick for this event. We have to travel with alot of medical supplies for the boy so that will prove another part of the event.!!
I remain hopeful though...I have some fun dinner and late nights planned.
Maybe we will see you there.....I have no idea why the people in your life think they get a say....mine don't get much. haha

We are staying at Fort Wilderness in our RV from Dec.27-Jan.16th. My brother and his family; as well as, my parents will be joining us at the Fort in their RVs on New Years Day.
The Canadians will be circling the wagons:lmao:

I am in Fredericton.

We will be staying off-site at the Clarion Maingate.

DD are I are flying out on December 26th and returning on December 31st (she has to be back for school). We're staying at our "home" of Wilderness Lodge for the first two nights, and then the Dolphin for the remainder of the trip.

Can't wait :cool1:

Our extended family of 7 will be making our way to sunny Florida for Christmas this year. Our 7 include myself, DH, DD aged 13, DS aged 10, my parents and favorite cousin. We will be arriving on December 23rd from Alberta and will be there until January 5th, 2013:)

We are renting a home in Lake Berkley in Kissimmee with a heated pool. We will also be renting 2 vehicles making it easier to get around and go in different directions when the grandparents aren't up for a day at Disney.

I have been doing a lot of research and know that it is going to be super busy at Christmas but are very excited to see the decorations and experience a snow free Christmas for the first time ever!! We have decided to only do 2 days at Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) as we are also spending 2 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure, 1 day at Kennedy Space Center and New Year's Eve @ Sea World.

We have 13 days and DH wants this to be a relaxing vacation so I had to compromise and add 6 "no theme park" days to our schedule to make sure he is on board:)

Looking forward to spending Christmas in Florida and am keeping my fingers crossed for great weather.

I have been doing a lot of research and know that it is going to be super busy at Christmas but are very excited to see the decorations and experience a snow free Christmas for the first time ever!! We have decided to only do 2 days at Disney (Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) as we are also spending 2 days at Universal/Islands of Adventure, 1 day at Kennedy Space Center and New Year's Eve @ Sea World.

We were there during a similar period last year (December 31 - January 7) and the crowds were very heavy, particularly at US and IOA. I know its an extra expense, but if you can squeeze it into the vacation budget, Express Passes at the Universal parks and Quick Queue at SeaWorld will make your trip so much more enjoyable. On January 4, when we were at IOA, wait times for Spiderman were 2 hours.....with Express Pass, the boys were on within 15 minutes.

Just a thought, in case you didn't know that this perk was available for purchase. Hope you have a wonderful trip......sounds like lots of fun!

We are there from dec 28 to jan 12. First 4 nights at AoA and then the rest of the time at AKV-kidani.
Super excited!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Our vacation is a bit after Christmas .

We will be there Jan 1-Jan 7 AKV.Jambo House

This year we have booked two studios as my grand-daughter (surprise christmas gift) is coming along and my future daughter inlaw.
My youngest son is (shhhh..it a secret) is asking her to marry him at Disney.
We plan to go to MK one day and DHS another but the rest of the time we are going to wear our Santa Mickey hats and chill around the pool. I would like to visit DTD for a little ME after Christmas shopping.:cool1:
Happy planning everyone. :santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter