Christmas Week

belle1528

Mouseketeer
How awful is it? My husband and I took a trip in 2005 before we had kids. We were there Christmas Day-New Years day. We thought it was fantastic, I don't remember one long line for anything or having to fight through any crowds. We rode every single ride we wanted to some more than once. Granted we realize not having children made this much easier. We've fine 2 trips with the kids in the past 2 years at other times. Was this an exceptionally strange year? Now all I hear is that they close the parks because they are at capacity. Do they have extra busses and things running to handle the crowds if they are booked that full? We would love to surprise our kids Christmas morning with a huge disney box and 'your bags are packed, let's go!' Kind of thing :)

Well, I guess it depends on how you define "awful."

It is the single busiest week of the year. Crowds will be shoulder to shoulder, and peak waits for major headliners will be several hours.

They will also have longer park hours and extra buses.

I wouldn't go with small children (although many people do,) and I wouldn't go during that time for a once in a lifetime trip.

Well, I guess it depends on how you define "awful." It is the single busiest week of the year. Crowds will be shoulder to shoulder, and peak waits for major headliners will be several hours. They will also have longer park hours and extra buses. I wouldn't go with small children (although many people do,) and I wouldn't go during that time for a once in a lifetime trip.

It's definitely not a once in a lifetime trip, just want our kids to experience Disney at Christmas time while it's still very magical to them :) unfortunately my husband is a teacher and the only week we could go if we do it that time of year.

I don't remember one long line for anything or having to fight through any crowds. We rode every single ride we wanted to some more than once.

Just imagine the total opposite of what you just described, so you'll know what to expect. ::yes::

Just imagine the total opposite of what you just described, so you'll know what to expect. ::yes::

How true, how true. Done that and never again. The crowds are HUGH and yes the Parks DO stop admissions for a few hours during this time. I can appreciate your desire to be there but really reconsider this trip, especially with
young children. :confused3

How awful is it? My husband and I took a trip in 2005 before we had kids. We were there Christmas Day-New Years day. We thought it was fantastic, I don't remember one long line for anything or having to fight through any crowds. We rode every single ride we wanted to some more than once.

I was there over New Years in 2005 and I think your memory is playing tricks on you, lol. Long lines and fighting through crowds every day...

I was there over New Years in 2005 and I think your memory is playing tricks on you, lol. Long lines and fighting through crowds every day...

It was Christmas '05- New Years '06. We were pretty good with our fast pass system and my husband is the least patient person I know, he would've been completely miserable if it was that bad, I would definitely remember! It was also incredibly unseasonably cold, I think in the 30's for a day or 2! We didn't have ADR's and were able to walk into many table service restaurants with no problems! Including Ohanas where we ended up sitting elbow to elbow with Steven Tyler and his family! Guess we just got lucky!

We have made two trips to WDW during Christmas break. Being a teacher as well I totally get the restrictions on travel time.

I think Disney at Christmas is very very magical. We all loved it. You just have to go in knowing that everything is crazy and you will not get to ride everything multiple times. That being said though Disney knows there are LOTS of people so they open earlier and stay open later than most times of the year. If your family can just go with the flow and enjoy the atmosphere I would say go for it. If your family must ride their favorites multiple times to be happy this would not be a good experience.

We have made two trips to WDW during Christmas break. Being a teacher as well I totally get the restrictions on travel time. I think Disney at Christmas is very very magical. We all loved it. You just have to go in knowing that everything is crazy and you will not get to ride everything multiple times. That being said though Disney knows there are LOTS of people so they open earlier and stay open later than most times of the year. If your family can just go with the flow and enjoy the atmosphere I would say go for it. If your family must ride their favorites multiple times to be happy this would not be a good experience.

Thank you! That is exactly our mindset :) we have typically been going every 18 months or so, definitely not our first or last time. The kids would probably be content riding the people mover 6 times lol. I am just crossing my fingers the fp+ disaster gets straightened out sometime soon!

It was Christmas '05- New Years '06. We were pretty good with our fast pass system and my husband is the least patient person I know, he would've been completely miserable if it was that bad, I would definitely remember!

Yep, that's when we were there. Not that the year really matters since it's insanely crowded at that time no matter what year it is, lol.

Go at rope drop and ride the headliners. Eat lunch go back to room for nap.... Go back very late at night if your children can stay up. Christmas is soooo pretty there. Take a warm jacket and gloves. One year it was very cold. They covered all the plants with sheets, but normally it is very nice. That same year my mom had to buy me a jacket because I left mine at home. I thought florida was warm during winter .... Not a few of the days.

Go at rope drop and ride the headliners. Eat lunch go back to room for nap.... Go back very late at night if your children can stay up. Christmas is soooo pretty there. Take a warm jacket and gloves. One year it was very cold. They covered all the plants with sheets, but normally it is very nice. That same year my mom had to buy me a jacket because I left mine at home. I thought florida was warm during winter .... Not a few of the days.

Lol, we had to buy heavy sweatshirts the last time we went in December too! One night we could've sworn the snow on Main Street was real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter