Christmas week 2016 - survival tips?

clareita

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at visiting DL Decmber 28-30. I know it will be insane, but going earlier in the month isn't an option. If I want to see DL in all its Christmas glory it has to be then.

My family of 5 (kids 17, 15, and 13) will stay at either the DLH or GC. I'm assuming the parks will open at 8 with an extra hour at 7 for hotel guests. Since I'm no fool, we will be waiting at the entrance no later than 6:30. For those of you who have been brave enough to go during Christmas week, do you have any advice?

We went a few days before x mas I think it was the 19-22 or something like that. I thought it was ok until about after 4 pm and after the fireworks walking down Main Street was crazy but earlier in the day and especially right at rope drop it wasn't bad at all. I don't mind crowds. Kind of expect it. And your kids are old enough to to run and get fp

We (me, DW, DS 4) went New Years week last year, arriving 12/27 and leaving on 1/1. We were prepared for Disney Armageddon...and we were pleasantly surprised. Monday morning security/bag check was crazy, with the line about halfway to Harbor Blvd, but we still got through in about 20 mins. The parks didn't seem overly crowded in the mornings, and on the morning of the 31st felt downright deserted!

I had been expecting security lines all the way to Harbor, the esplanade to be filled with people waiting to go through the ticket booths, and jam packed walkways and triple digit standby wait times from rope drop to park close, but mostly it was fine. DLP did get very crowded, particularly at the Adventure land and Tomorrow land bottlenecks, but that wasn't until afternoon. DCA never seemed overly crowded.

If you prepare yourself mentally for the possibility of Disney-geddon, and get to the parks early, and get your ADRs in order, you'll be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter