Christmas Tips

themeparkcomando

Earning My Ears
After 10+ trips, this year I'm taking my first Disney trip at Christmas! (12/24 to 12/31) - I know this is the busiest time, but hey, I'm a teacher. We are summer Disney savvy, but what are the "must see" and "must do" activities for the holidays? We have BOG reservation for the Christmas, Candlelight Processional reservations (Norway Princess lunch), NYE dinner at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon and Minnie's Christmas Party Fantasmic Reservations. Since we're staying off-site, I can't make FastPass reservations yet.

We rode ALL the rides last summer, so we could just soak up the holidays this time around. Tips???????

This is the busiest time of year.

Give yourself plenty of time to get to where you are going, with all the parks super busy ( WDW, UV, SW) and the locals out and about expect some delays, and I-4 is a nightmare on a good day during the holiday is only gets worse.

Please note that once the parks are at capacity they will "corral" you up until space inside is at the appropriate levels, to allow more entries. Having at ADR does not get you to the front of the line or entrance into the park. So take that into consideration on what time you are going to arrive. If you leave please understand that they are not going to just let you back in, due to you forgot something in the car or whatever, once your out you might be waiting to get back in.

Having some alternate plans for the what ifs..... would be a good thing.

I would plan a day to check out all the holiday decorations at the resorts, do the look for the hidden mickeys in all the displays.

Grand Floridian - Gingerbread house is a must for our family.

Spend the evening at DS to check out the music and decorations.

Not sure if you will have a car. But if you do make sure to have some drinks and snacks in the car as getting out of the parking lots and back to your resort...can or could be a while, and please make sure everyone including mom and dad stop at the restroom... Just lets say I have some experience with a hungry and thirsty family...then someone need to use the restroom...

I second the vote for the gingerbread house, it's amazing. Also the gingerbread display at the Contemporary is pretty cool too. Bring an extra dose of patience with you and have fun! There is nothing like Christmas time in Disney. :santa:

How do you recommend getting to the Grand Floridian (and other resorts)? Parking at a resort you're not staying at can be a hassle -

How do you recommend getting to the Grand Floridian (and other resorts)? Parking at a resort you're not staying at can be a hassle -

If you are in the parks, and are going to take a break, then just bus or monorail to the resort you want to go to. You could park at Disney Springs and catch a bus to the resort. If you have an ADR's at a resort you should be able to park without much of a issue.

If you make a dining reservation at the Grand Floridian resort, you won't have any problem parking for a couple of hours. At that time of the year it's restricted to guests and ADR guests. We dine at Grand Floridian Cafe and Narcoossee's every Christmas and highly recommend them. Bring some ID with you to get past parking security at the resort, as you won't have a magic band.

Another option is to park at Disney Springs and jump on the Disney bus to Grand Floridian resort from there.

It's worth a ride to the Boardwalk too as the Boardwalk in has a christmas display, and the Beach Club has a wonderful merry go round made of gingerbread. You should be able to park a bit easier at one of those resorts.

We steer clear of MK on christmas day as it's usually at capacity by 11am, which means it may close to off site guests by 10am. The lines for parking are horrendous. We always head to Epcot mid morning, which is less crowded and more chilled.

For better or worse, we are headed to MK Christmas Day and New Year's Eve - It'a a "bucket list" item for my DD! We'll be there well before the park opens and probably stay until it closes both times. Thank goodness, rides are not a priority this time around

For better or worse, we are headed to MK Christmas Day and New Year's Eve - It'a a "bucket list" item for my DD! We'll be there well before the park opens and probably stay until it closes both times. Thank goodness, rides are not a priority this time around
I think it's great you got your ADRs lined up! That alone will give you a nice break each day! (Christmas and New Years).
It sounds like you are well organized. Pack your patience, you're going to need it! Plan each night to stay for the kiss goodnight to make leaving a bit less of a hassle. Leaving is going to be a mob scene!
It sounds like fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!