• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Time Resort Choice?

Which Resort For Christmas??

• All Stars or POP

• Swan/Dolphin

• CSR/CBR

• WL

• POR/POFQ

• Yacht/Beach Club

• Boardwalk

• Contemporary

• AKL

• Poly

• GF

• OTHER (I know i left many out!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
:wave2: Hiya! i need to book my 2007 trip soon! We are going 12/22-12/29 (hopeing to extend even longer, but DH is not sure yet). We are looking at POP to stay with the group we are going with, but thinking of trying something new finally!! We will not be doing too many parks, we're just there to soak up the atmosphere of WDW around the holidays!! :woohoo:

Soo what resort would you reccomend? We don't care about money, just curious about them all!

We have stayed at many and are willing to do any over again, since the closest we've stayed was the end of November. TIA!!

Well AKL, WL, YC and GF are my favorite Christmas resorts - of those I'd choose YC for it's location - walk to Epcot for all the Christmas events! :thumbsup2

dfkhex.jpg

dfkkfq.jpg

dfkk7l.jpg

dfkkd0.jpg

dqspvm.jpg

dqsolu.jpg

dqsokp.jpg

We were at WDW in mid-December a couple of years ago. It's my opinion that the holiday decorations at the Contemporary were a bit lacking and unimpressive.

I think you can't go wrong with WL, YC/BC, or Boardwalk. But in any event, try and visit as many resorts as you can to check out their holiday decorations.

My wife and I have done the Wilderness Lodge twice at christmas time and it is wonderful. We tried the Boardwalk Inn last year which was nice but not the same feel as WL (it does have a great location as we like the EPCOT area). We are going to try POLY this year to see what that is like for the holidays. I hope we like it. :woohoo:

I have heard the WL is stunning during the Christmas season. I wanted to stay there so bad this Dec, but we couldn't afford it :sad2: I had seen pics of the WL at Chirstmas somehwere on the forum. I tried to search, but that feature was not working for me. Good luck making your decision!

WL is great, but I must say (as I've said before LOL) that Fort Wilderness is a great place for Christmas. They have a site/cabin decorating contest, so even though there arent many structures for Disney to decorate, the resort is still loaded with a huge variety of decorations. Even if you don't stay there, it's well worth the boat ride over from the Magic Kingdom to wander around and see everything. Some of the people who stay will actually pull a trailer full of nothing but decorations for thier sites LOL. One of the sites last year had enough lights to give the Osborne lights a run for their money, as well as an ice chipper blowing snow over the top of thier RV :santa:

I had to go with Wilderness Lodge, even though we'll be at BWI for this year's Holiday visit! We spent last year's at WL, and here are the things that "did it" for me:
*Having a room overlooking the lobby. Every time we walked out the door, we saw the massive tree and decorations. One night, I walked out and found a wind ensemble playing hoiday music in front of the tree. I just had a seat right there on the balcony and enjoyed. :goodvibes
*Multiple fireplaces. The big one at ground level in the lobby is neat, but overly crowded. Several evenings, afer my mom and DS had crashed, I took a scotch and a good book to the 4th floor fireplace, just over the main entrance. I had it all to myself!
*Ambience. I love the natural/rustic look for th holidays and WL does it up big!

Darn, now I'm getting all nostalgic. We may need to take a trip over to WL while we're there!

Wilderness Lodge is awesome at Christmas - with the decorations and themes, it feels the most in season

Cheers
jaysue

We have never been but we will be staying at POP Century although I sure do wish we could afford one of the other resorts. Maybe they will be nice and upgrade us for little to no extra money. Is there some sorta Mickey God or Minnie Goddess that we can pray to? lol

I would have to say WL. I have never stayed there but would if I had the spare $$$. Next on the list would be GF. Mmmmmmmmmm gingerbread house :thumbsup2

I've stayed at the WL, GF and BCV during the Christmas season. The WL is just breath-taking at Christmastime. The GF is a VERY close second. I'm just more of a outdoorsy-type girl so WL wins out.

WL is wonderful during Christmas! We always tried to visit the resort during our Christmas trips, but this past December we actually stayed there. The lobby is perfect around the fireplace and some evenings they bring in special music groups to sing Christmas songs and serve hot chocolate and cookies. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day at the parks. Guests also started hanging Christmas decorations on their balconies and it was fun to come back from the MK and see the balconies decked out for the holidays.

WOW!!! it's amazing how poular WL is!!! i think we we have to find pictures of this!!! how cool!

Thanks to everyone who responded!!! ::yes::

CSR is so beautiful! I am so excited as my whole family is staying there for our Christmas trip. Thanks!!

We LOVE it there! i can only imagine how much prettier it could be at Christmas time!! someone posted pics of there too!!

I voted for the Grand Floridian. For my first trip to Disney, I stayed at the GF in December and I couldn't believe how beautiful the resort was around Christmas. I love the way the lobby looks at Christmas with the giant Christmas tree in the middle of the lobby, the lifesize gingerbread house and all the other decoration that are so amazing.
Also, with the Grand Floridian the first stop on the monorial is the Magic Kingdom! :)

The WL doesn't appeal to me because I live in the Pacific Northwest. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter