"christmas time" at WDW--it's long..Sorry!

danielle_lynn

Earning My Ears
We will be at WDW 11/26-12/3/04. For the first time!!Yippeee!!:Pinkbounc

We chose this time for many reasons, but the most important being that it would feel like Christmas Time. I am now wondering if my hope are to be dashed!

Can anyone tell me if we are going to miss out on all of the wonderful things I have read about by going weeks before Christmas?

I am especially wondering about the WS and the decorations and the storytellers(will they be there?).

Will all the resorts & parks be decorated, completely? or do they just put a few things out and then really DECK THE HALLS directly before Christmas??

Besides MVMCP, what do they do at MK that is special?

Anything worth checking out at MGM?

I can't imagine going to WDW without all of your help! Thank you so much for allowing me to experience WDW thru your eyes! It is making the waiting not so painful!;)

Danielle

::MinnieMo

We've gone the first week of October and "Christmas time" was in full swing. All the deocrations are up and the holiday feeling is in the air. We did MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Really gets the holiday season started for us.

I am going Dec 1 - Dec 5 and have had two CMs at WDW's phone line tell me that the resorts would be decorated, as would the parks. I also know MVMCP will be happening, as will the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

I don't know about the Osbourne Lights or anything special at AK but I do know they are planning to have things decorated by this time.

Decorations were starting to go up at the resorts the first week in November, 2003, and everything should be fully decorated by the end of November.

If you want to see the Christmas parade you will probably need to go to MVMCP. It is sometimes done on the weekends, but I believe for weekdays it is only done the week before Christmas.

Originally posted by slimplaw
If you want to see the Christmas parade you will probably need to go to MVMCP. It is sometimes done on the weekends, but I believe for weekdays it is only done the week before Christmas.

In the past it has been done on Tues & Thurs during the week in Early Dec, as well as Fri & Sun.

The day after Thanksgiving last year all the parks were fully decorated, etc. The first MVMCP of the season was November 30th, we saw Samantha Brown at MK filming a Travel Channel special about MVMCP that night.

You're going to have a blast. You're going to have two Christmases this year(and that first one is a hard act to follow):earsboy:

We've gone at the beginning of December the past 6 years. Everything is definitely in full swing. Great time to go! It felt weird the first time, Christmas stuff and 80 degrees! Weather can be variable though, it's gone from 50's to low 80's during our trips.

WoW!! I'm so excited! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

How wonderful, it is like we are going to have two Christmases!

Thanks for all your reassurances (and links)!!

Danielle::MinnieMo

Christmas in WDW is wonderful. It will be in full swing during your vistit. Be sure to watch for the MVMCP tickets to go on sale around June. We did a Tuesday night the first week of December lat year and it was great. The candel light pocessional packages also go on sale late Summer. This is reservered sitting for a beautiful Christian Christmas program in Epcot, and dinner in a WS resturant. It is awsome. The resorts are decorated and you can spend time just visiting them. The WL has sleigh rides, WS has Santas froom all over the world, and all the parks are in thier finest. We love staying at the WL during Chirstmas season. It is so warm and cozy and just feels like Christmas. You are making me want to go BACK!!!!

Jordans' mom

Jordan's mom...

Can you tell me about the Candlelight Procession. Is it only certain days? Anything you can tell me would be great! This is the first time we will be going at Christmas time and would love to celebrate Him twice!

Deb

Originally posted by WDWLVR
We've gone the first week of October and "Christmas time" was in full swing. All the deocrations are up and the holiday feeling is in the air. We did MVMCP and Candlelight Processional. Really gets the holiday season started for us.
You did Candlelight and the decorations in October? :confused:

Deb (dairyou),

Try the links in the first post by mickeysaver. I haven't went through all of them yet, but there is bound to be some more info on the Candlelight Processional.

Does anyone know if the dinner package reserved seating is worth the cost of the meal? OR can you just try to get good seats on your own? Which restaurant would you reccomend??

Danielle

We've also added a "Christmas trip" for the week AFTER Thanksgiving - and we love it!!! The parks are definitely decorated, and be sure to check out the Grand Floridian tree!!! Breathtaking!!!

We usually do the Candlelight Processional package - and I think it is definitely worth it! You get a nice meal (and in years past, you got a 15% discount on purchases made that day); and some great seats for the show! I love the Candlelight Processional - it really is great for us!!

We've eaten at Canada and France (twice at France)!

Again, I would recommend going with the package! Enjoy your stay!

The end of November/early December is a wonderful time to visit WDW if you like Christmas. About the only activity you probably won't see is the Christmas parade - that usually runs later in december - closer to Christmas. We truly enjoy the Candlelight Processional & highly recommend it. We also like to visit the various resorts to see their decorations. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter