• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas time at the Hard Rock

M

missymj

Never been to the Hard Rock in December, can anyone report on decorations or holiday happenings (Dec 19-23).

Thanks so much,
m

I'm gonna creep on this post to find out the answer as well :banana:popcorn::

We've stayed there a couple times over the holidays. I can't really think of much that the hotel does special for Christmas, other than a few decorations and a big gingerbread house. I seem to remember a pretty big New Years eve event, but we didn't go to it, just looked in the ballroom that was really decorated up.

Mark

We stayed 8 days at Portofino over Christmas last year with many night at HRH.

Portofino does the holidays better - just my opinion. :) And - I LOVE HRH!

I'm creeping too and hoping that Jessica will come back and tell us how busy it was at US/IOA during Christmas. We will be in Orlando 12/19 to 12/23 and I am trying to figure out if we should move to a US resort toward the end of the stay so that we can get Fotl privileges. Traveling with teens

The HRH had some decorations mostly through the main lobby...a very large tree covered with musical instruments as ornaments. THere was a large gingerbread house also. We went over to Mama Della's for dinner on Christmas Eve.

A previous poster mentioned the New Years eve party. THey do more on New Years we attended two years ago. Make ressies early they had a buffet dinner in the Kitchen, sundae bar in the main staircase, desserts up off the main lobby in a hall by the velvet lounge and a party in the main lobby in a roped off section till well after midnight. As I remember we prepaid and recieved a wristband that let you into the various areas.

They definitely did more for New Years...It's more of a party atmosphere. (I admit I went to the room before midnight.:)

The HRH had some decorations mostly through the main lobby...a very large tree covered with musical instruments as ornaments. THere was a large gingerbread house also. We went over to Mama Della's for dinner on Christmas Eve.

A previous poster mentioned the New Years eve party. THey do more on New Years we attended two years ago. Make ressies early they had a buffet dinner in the Kitchen, sundae bar in the main staircase, desserts up off the main lobby in a hall by the velvet lounge and a party in the main lobby in a roped off section till well after midnight. As I remember we prepaid and recieved a wristband that let you into the various areas.

They definitely did more for New Years...It's more of a party atmosphere. (I admit I went to the room before midnight.:)

Do you recall the choking woman in the corner at Mama Della's Christmas Eve? We were there also. I was the one that choked. Still my favorite restaurant just not sure if I can return yet. :(

Any way someone asked about crowds - we were there the 19 -27th of Dec. The first few days were crowd-less mostly by about the 23rd is was packed! Still manageable but so flipping COLD - last year was a cold one with some rain. I would have only done this if staying on-site.

Graceland in Gingerbread form. Sorry, lots of pics from RPR since that's where we stayed but we did visit HRH, just don't recall the Christmas decorations and the only other pics are of the pool there. Which the boys loved BTW!

DSC01155.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter