Christmas Time at Disney

katieam1

DIS Veteran
Besides going to Magic Kingdom for the parties and Christmas shows what do they have at the other parks? What are some important things to catch/watch? Do they do anything special at Epcot? I have my plans pretty set for my Magic Kingdom days but the other park days I am having trouble with planning. Any help would be GREAT.

Epcot has holidays around the world. Each country has a special story teller. There is a tree lighting ceremony, and the candlelight processional is always a holiday favorite! A celebrity narrates the Christmas story and a large choir made up of people from all over sing.

Also at Epcot, sometimes a German glassblower will be in the Christmas shop making ornaments. We loved watching that and getting a signed ornament. The Grand Floridian has an enormous gingerbread house that we've always wanted to visit.

Another of our favorites is at Disney Hollywood Studios...definately go see the Osborne Family Dancing Light display (the official name is slipping my mind at the moment)...it is amazing!

We also enjoy checking out the Grand Floridian Resort's Life-size Gingerbread House, and the Chocolate Carousel's at the Boardwalk Resort, and at the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts!

Don't forget that Disney also has special things going on at resorts. You have to take time out to see the life size gingerbread house at Grand Floridian, the train set at the Yacht Club, and the Board Walk resort has a ginger bread gazebo. They are worth seeing. They are beautiful.

One of my favorite moments from our Christmas time trip to WDW came at the Wilderness Lodge. The lobby of the lodge is amazing at Christmas with a huge tree and garland hung from the railings on each floor. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe and were seated on the "back porch" of the restaurant. We had a wonderful view of the lobby while there was a handbell choir playing Christmas carols. It was so relaxing after a day in the parks and captured the Christmas spirit.

Does anyone know what time the tree lighting ceremony is at Epcot?

We already had the resort touring on our must dos. We are VERY excited about that.

How about Animal Kingdom? Anything special besides the parade?

Yes I am interested in this too. I have not heard of a tree lighting ceremony at Epcot. So if anyone knows the time that would be great. Thanks

I've heard about the deluxe resorts having these nice touches... am I going to find them? I don't want to wonder all over the resort looking for them :)

Does Robo have maps for that too?

I've heard about the deluxe resorts having these nice touches... am I going to find them? I don't want to wonder all over the resort looking for them :)

Does Robo have maps for that too?

The lobbies are where what was mentioned above will be found. They have some great touches that really make the holidays special. :)

Another of our favorites is at Disney Hollywood Studios...definately go see the Osborne Family Dancing Light display (the official name is slipping my mind at the moment)...it is amazing!

We also enjoy checking out the Grand Floridian Resort's Life-size Gingerbread House, and the Chocolate Carousel's at the Boardwalk Resort, and at the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts!

I could not agree more with this. A must-do for us. I believe the official name is Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights--or close!

EPCOT Illuminations has a great extended ending every night.

You must see the osborne lights at DHS.

DSC04044.jpg

D14044.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

Scraper, thanks for the amazing pictures :thanks: I can't wait until we can see them for ourselves in a little over 5 weeks :dance3:

Yes I am interested in this too. I have not heard of a tree lighting ceremony at Epcot. So if anyone knows the time that would be great. Thanks

They no longer HAVE a ceremony, they just light the tree.Because of the location of the tree, they felt it got way too congested on the walkway between Futureworld and World Showcase.The tree is lit, but there is no big ceremony thing anymore

In AK, Mickey and the gang are dressed in holiday outfits at Camp Mickey Minnie. You'll also want to see Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade in AK. Try to get close so you can read some of the sayings on the parade vehicles. Example - guess who's not on Santa's "Nice" list?

We loved looking at how every tree was decorated differently! Downtown has some nice trees too!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

One of my favorite moments from our Christmas time trip to WDW came at the Wilderness Lodge. The lobby of the lodge is amazing at Christmas with a huge tree and garland hung from the railings on each floor. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe and were seated on the "back porch" of the restaurant. We had a wonderful view of the lobby while there was a handbell choir playing Christmas carols. It was so relaxing after a day in the parks and captured the Christmas spirit.

I second the Wilderness Lodge lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter