Christmas Time at Disney Pt: III (Dec 10-17 2014)

We just booked our night at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I am really looking forward to it. BDLsgal and I had seen the show when we were kids. But haven't seen it in a couple of decades. And if it's 1 thing I like, it's cheesy humor. Add in BBQ and beer, and you got a great night.

TESTIMONIAL #4

Last week, I booked our flight. It is official, we are GOING!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I was able to book a great rate on JetBlue from Logan (Boston) to MCO. Round trip, for the 2 of us was $550. We are getting the a 7:40am flight out and a 8:30pm flight returning. This way we can maximize our time at Disney.

I've always been a fan of JetBlue. It is a well maintained airline that really caters to its customers. I have never had a bad experience. From check-in to baggage claim, you feel a sense of confidence.

Then there is the physical conveniences. Being 6' 300 lbs, I really appreciate any extra space. And when I fly JetBlue, I don't feel like I'm sitting at Fenway Park (if you've ever been to Fenway, you know what I'm talking about). And I love the TV in the head rest of the seat in fron of you. whether you pay for a movie or just channel surf, it's a nice little distraction. For me, though, I am more partial to watching the map that follows the course of the flight. Pick my head up from my book, look out the window and guess where we are, then look at the screen and see how close I am. Some inside info, Megellan's got nothing on me :thumbsup2

This trip, I decided to go for a little extra and paid for the "Even More Space" option. When I get to the TRIP REPORT part of this thread, I'll let you know if it's worth it and how it was.

With just over 2 months to go until our return to Christmas at The World, today begins another milestone. I start breaking in the new clothes that I will be bringing with us. I am a frequent wearer of jean shorts (or "jorts" if you are so inclined), and they are my usual clothing of choice in WDW. They are cooler than jeans or khakis and allow a little more flexibility. Also, as people I used to work with at the bar had pointed out, like many other former football lineman, I have over developed calves. It is to the point where 1 of my coworkers said that if he were ever in a plane crash, he hopes I'm with him. We could survive for months on just 1 of my legs. So not having the denim constricting my legs is definitely a boon.

I am partial to wearing the Wrangler. They are pretty well made and I usually get a lot of mileage out of them. I will also buy the Rugged brand of jeans from Wrangler, and bring them to the tailor to have them cut into shorts. They are a little heavier, but way more durable.

I used to love Old Navy, but at some point, they abruptly decided that they didn't like making comfortable clothing for people my size.

The reason I am posting this, is as a warning. DO NOT go to Disney World with new, unbroken-in pants and expect the same comfort and freedom of movement. Also, since there may be some dietary "excesses", it might be best to bring pants that may have some give.

I would've also started breaking in my new New Balance sneakers today, but it's going to be raining all day today, and I like to enjoy some time with that new sneaker feeling, without having soakers.

It has been an eventful 16hrs.

At the end of business yesterday, I booked BDLsgal and my 2nd MVMCP tix. We figure we can use 1 party for the MVMCP merchandise and the other for the exclusive meet n' greets. There is no way we could do both at 1 party. The lines get way too long. Plus, we LOVE the fireworks and the parade. And walking down Main St, with the lights, decorations and snow(p), just fills your heart.

Then, first thing this morning, I go to allears.net, in the hopes of seeing an updated narrators list for the Candlelight Processional. Sure enough, our date for the CP, finally has a narrator. It is actor Joe Morton. He is, most recently, playing Olivia Pope's dad on Scandal.

Then, just now, I booked the "Disney’s Hollywood Studios Frozen Holiday Premium Package". It includes priority seating for “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.”, and a dessert party in a reserved area for the Osbourne Lights. Up until yesterday, I had never even heard of this. I stumbled upon this purely by accidentally clicking along. BDLsgal theorizes that I was meant to find it. She credits our "vacation angel". As soon as I sent her the link (before I booked it), she started listening to the Frozen soundtrack on her iPod. As she put it, "gotta learn all the words if we're going to a sing along".

So, there it is. We have our flights paid for. Our special events are paid for. Nothing left to do but make the final vacation payment, and count every agonizing minute, it will take til the trip arrives.

I wish I was on FB so I could "like" every post you make! I'm new to the DIS and was checking out Pre-Trip Reports and saw yours. So far your plans for Dec look awesome! Your other half is a lucky lady!!

My DH and I are also planning a trip to WDW around the same time as you guys (Dec 13-20). It was a last minute thing thought up by my DH, and we don't even have park tickets yet.

Just wanted to stop in to let you know how helpful your postings have been, in my own thoughts, as this will only be my second time at Disney (first time was literally only 1 day!), I can use all the help I can get from veteran visitors. :wave2:

I'm a MVMCP newbie. What type of merchandise is there?

I did read all about the Frozen thing at HS and decided not to do it. You know you can do the Frozen sing along without paying for it, right? You can even get a FP+ for it.

I wish I was on FB so I could "like" every post you make! I'm new to the DIS and was checking out Pre-Trip Reports and saw yours. So far your plans for Dec look awesome! Your other half is a lucky lady!!

My DH and I are also planning a trip to WDW around the same time as you guys (Dec 13-20). It was a last minute thing thought up by my DH, and we don't even have park tickets yet.

Just wanted to stop in to let you know how helpful your postings have been, in my own thoughts, as this will only be my second time at Disney (first time was literally only 1 day!), I can use all the help I can get from veteran visitors. :wave2:

Thank you very much for all of your kind comments. I'm sure you and your hubby will have a great time. Disboards is a great place to get and share info. If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask.

As for the merchandise, there are exclusive shirts, sweatshirts and other clothing items the can only be purchased during the MVMCP. And there are exclusive pins as well. You will start seeing pics of them once the 1st party takes place. While there, don't forget to load up on the free hot chocolate and cookies. They are nothing great, but good enough.

I'm a MVMCP newbie. What type of merchandise is there?

I did read all about the Frozen thing at HS and decided not to do it. You know you can do the Frozen sing along without paying for it, right? You can even get a FP+ for it.

I know the sing along is free. But neither of us have done a dessert party before. And much like the way with the Candlelight Processional, you can get in without the dining combo, it does make things a little easier. Also, I have to plead guilty here... We are both suckers for Frozen. Add that to the fact that there will be "specialty" alcoholic beverages at the dessert party; I'm in.

Hi I'm joining in.

I will be leaving just a few days before you arrive :thumbsup2

I love your testimonials they are great and I have to agree about the Tusker House!

Hi I'm joining in.

I will be leaving just a few days before you arrive :thumbsup2

I love your testimonials they are great and I have to agree about the Tusker House!

It's a shame that we won't have a chance to bump into each other. Do you get to experience that time that I call "the sweet spot"? That is the 1-3 days that overlap from Food & Wine to MVMCP. We've often talked about trying to get a weekend trip during that time.

BDLsgal and I made a mistake today. We actually looked online at the pins that will be coming out soon at WDW. We are not traders. I wouldn't even say we are collectors, per se. But when you have souvenirs that run the gamut from cool, to sweet, to "I love that character!", it's kind of hard not to shell out the money. Especially at the pin stations and different resort gift shops.

And each trip, we try to limit ourselves. But then again, when you are in The World, you are never just shopping for "yourself." So that modicum of control goes out the window when you hear phrases like "Your mom would love this 1." or "You should get that for your boss."

I don't know how you traders do it? First there is the weight of these things. A full lanyard can weight 15-25 lbs. Then there's the price. (Cue Joey Lawrence) Whoa... And finally, I don't know if I'd be able to separate myself from 1 of the pins that I liked to get 1 I loved.

All that being said, we will still buy our usual assortment of resort, ride and event specific pins as well as.......... Pretty much ever other pin that will catch our eye.

You make some good points about breaking in clothes before a trip. And for allowing for expansion. Somehow, even despite all the walking, that does end up being a problem. :lmao::rotfl2:

Your update was the first I've heard of that Frozen Sing along package as well. Might be something to look into. Then again, I'm sure it isn't available any more. :confused3

We are officially 40 days away from checking into POR, and enjoying a much needed vacation. I haven't had a chance to tell you all about how I made our last payment. On the day that I was scheduled to make our last payment, my bank calls me to ask if I was at a Home Depot in Miami, that morning. The answer was no. Then they informed me "Thank you. We will be suspending your debit card. You will receive a new one in 5-7 business days." At first I thought, wow... these guys are really good at their fraud protection. Then my brain kicked into high gear. "HOLY %&*@ING #~|^ !!!!". How am I going to make my payment. I immediately call my AAA rep to try to do a check over the phone. She looked into it and called me back. She said that she couldn't do a check over the phone, but she contacted Disney and said that as long as got a check there within 3 days, we'd be fine. So, at lunch, I go to the post office, send the check and a note 2nd day delivery, with a tracking number. So the next day at work, I get to my PC, go to usps.com and look up my tracking number. This is the message I got:

"Your item was forwarded to a different address at 9:18 am on October 22, 2014 in PROVIDENCE, RI. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

I literally pooped a brick. Panic mode was kicking in. I contacted my TA, and the Post Office to try to find out what happened. No one knew. I go to the bank, and hoping among hope, that my check had been cashed. Yes it was. PHHHHHHEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW...... I called back my TA to verify that it was AAA that cashed it (considering my luck). She asked around and it turns out that her supervisor had deposited it for her.

Seriously folks, you can not make this stuff up.

You make some good points about breaking in clothes before a trip. And for allowing for expansion. Somehow, even despite all the walking, that does end up being a problem. :lmao::rotfl2:

Your update was the first I've heard of that Frozen Sing along package as well. Might be something to look into. Then again, I'm sure it isn't available any more. :confused3

The Frozen Sing-a-long starts on 11/5. I imagine that allears will have a video on the 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter