• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Shopping Panic, DD11 and DD8

I will have to go to Marshall's and try to find the fake Uggs. She'd love those, she borrows her sister's sometimes. I haven't had luck finding them this year for her (or to replace DD16's) so thanks for the tip, I will head there tomorrow and see if they have any.

I will have to go to Marshall's and try to find the fake Uggs. She'd love those, she borrows her sister's sometimes. I haven't had luck finding them this year for her (or to replace DD16's) so thanks for the tip, I will head there tomorrow and see if they have any.
I bought my DD a pair of tall Bear Paw ones. I think they were $39, but the shorter ones may be cheaper. I also saw some fake Uggs at Costco for about the same price. Good luck!

My dd is 8 years old and is getting:

clothes
make-up
barbie
zhu zhu pets
wii games
ds games
baby cakez maker
movies
my twinn doll
barbie clothes
rubix cube

I am also an independent sales consultant for 2 different things and she is getting a scent mate for her bedroom. It is a little diffuser thing that has scented pads in it and blows fragrance in the air. I don't allow her to burn candles in her room, but she is always asking for them. So this is a way to get her what she wants, but without the open flame.

The other ds company is a food related company and she is getting some mixes so she can do her own baking. Everything I sell takes 2 ingredients or less and she loves to make things completely on her own, so this makes it possible for her to "cook" dinner for us by doing a dip as an appetizer, a soup mix as a main dish, bake a loaf of bread to go along with the soup, and bake a cake for dessert. I am getting her 3 different sets of these items so she can make us dinner once a month January-March.

Oh yeah, she's also getting stocking stuffers, which will include cake mix (for her baby cakez, lip gloss, scented oil for her diffuser, fun soaps, hand sanitizer, a really good electric toothbrush, funny socks, hats & mitten sets.

BTW, I think hand me downs are okay....I have saved a lot of stuff to pass on to my niece. However, I think each child deserves to have brand new stuff of their very own. Maybe a really nice outfit all the way from shoes to a purse or their very own hand held game.... just something that they don't have to share, that hasn't been passed down.

And as far as the jewelry goes, what about id bracelets? They are inexpensive and engravable....very special if engraved on both sides.

My girls are almost 8 and almost 10 (with a big sister) - it's tough! They're getting

a ds game
a dsi
an ipod touch
Sorry sliders
a wii game
makeup
stetchpad
sewing chest
itunes gc
mindbenders

They're each getting their own stuff - just grouped it together because they share everything. Plus, stocking stuffers (candy, lip gloss...), matching jamies, and ornaments.

Do they play sports? My almost 10 dd is a tomboy, so I got her some sports stuff...basketball, tetherball set for the yard, softball glove, etc.

She also wants stuff from Aeropostale, new pajamas, UGG boots (getting the knockoffs)

I also got her Moon Sand she wanted and things called Moon Hopz...big cushy thnings you put your feet in and hop around in. Oh and she wants a Glow Doodle.

Hope this helps.

My two, 7 and 10, love Bath & Body Works stuff. They have cute hand gels (lots of scents) with holders to strap on backpacks, purses and bags. They also love the flavored lip glosses, holiday scented sprays and bath items. Their favorite is Twisted Peppermint foaming bath soap. Inexpensive, small and useable. Also, my 2 love Claire's, lots of things to choose from (jewelry, hair stuff & accessories). They even have a section that's 10 items for $10.

Their's lists this year included:
American girl dolls
Beds for dolls
Ipod shuffles
DS games
Wii Games
Computer games
Tangled items
Build a Bear (for the younger one)
Bath & Body Works items

Good luck:thumbsup2

DD9 is getting (from everyone I know of so far):

Crayola Explosion Glow Board
Zoobles Gift Pack
Squinkies Salon Gift pack
Aeropostale clothes
Invisimals
Despicable Me 3D
Slinky Dog pull toy -from toy story 3
Slinky Dog plush toy
loopz game
nurf thing
Hex bugs thing
Pacman for DS
Sonic for PSP
Bath and Body works stuff
$60 in gift cards to target and build a bear (got free through my debit card reward program)

Now my husband found the original Nintendo for her with a mario game. he is also handing down his IPOD Touch to her. He thinks that i will let him get an IPAD because he is doing that....:rotfl2: YEAH RIGHT!

I like gift cards too, and I am all about doing stuff as opposed to buying stuff so GCs for experiences and activities I love. I am seriously considering a $200 GC wrapped in a big box for Splash Lagoon for us to go one weekend this winter courtesy of Santa. But I still feel like they need some things to open. Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming.

I completely understand. My girls (9 and 6) are so hard to buy for. They don't play with toys (although both of them put some on their list and will be getting some, I absolutely know they'll only be played with for about 2 weeks and then never again). They both have DSs and play them. Both of my girls have mp3 players. Oldest daughter got my hand-me-down ipod and youngest got an off brand that's actually very nice but didn't cost as much because no brand name.

This year, we bought them both 32 inch tvs for their rooms. Their rooms aren't huge and putting their tvs on the wall would free up some space for both of them. Plus, they asked for them thinking there was no way they'd get them so they should both be surprised. I got a great black friday deal.

Kira

Wow, we don't even have a 32" tv in our living room! Can I be your dd???

Just an idea, if you want to give them cash in a "fun" way! We are doing this for our 8 yr old niece, it will surely keep her busy for awhile on Christmas morning. :)

Buy a few 99 cent packs of multi colored straws and cut them in 3rds. Stuff rolled one dollar bills in some of the straws. I even found a website to print some FAKE one dollar bills was able to upload our own photos to replace Washington. (Yes, I guess I am a counterfeiter now. :eek:) I just printed them in b&w and rolled them with the print on the outside. You can see the bills through the lighter colored straws but can't tell which are real and which are fake. My 3 packs made 900 pieces and I have 25 stuffed with real money and 56 stuffed with fake!

Here's a pic from the website where I got the idea.
tff12059903.JPG

Oh that looks like FUN!!! Thank You! I think we will use that for sure. We gave DD11 $50 for her b-day in a fun way. She didn't ask for anything so we thought OK, we will give her money (she is a saver.) :cool1: So we crumpled up 50-$1 bills and stuffed them into a tiny box so when she opened it, they popped out all over the place. She got a kick out of that. Not sure the bank loved me asking for 50 $1s and then a day later she was depositing 50-$1s, but it was fun for her.

My nine year old g-daughter loves the games Quirkle and Blokus. This year we're adding Forbidden Island and Kazink. Games don't cost much and you have a nice sized family group for game nights.

I have a DD11 and a DD who turns 8 just after Christmas. DD11 didn't have a list for the longest time, but now she wants:

a DSi
Uggs
a beanbag from PBTeen
Catching Fire and Mocking Jay books (the Hunger Games series - she has read them, but wants her own copies)

She is also getting a few other books, some peace mirrors from PB Teen, a new toiletry kit, a couple of video games and a few board games. She'll have an iTunes card in her stocking - not sure what else yet.

DD7 is still very much into toys - she wants Moxie Girlz Snow and Tinker Bell toys. She is also getting a DSi, some books, a video game and board games. For her birthday, she is getting an American Girl doll with some accessories.

-You could even do 'coupons' for each child with a special mother/daughter activity where you take each child separately to do something fun without the other siblings-depending on what your girls like(zoo day/spa day/lunch out) and have a small gift representing that activity(plastic animal for zoo/mani kit for spa/ect and you can get the small gift at the dollar store since it's just a representation of the activity).

-new pajamas/socks/underwear are sure to be a hit and everyone wants some new pjs and socks and panties every now and again

-scrapbooking kits or other craft kits are fun and can be a great family activity where all the girls get involved...you can find large kits that come with everything including the album and search online for coupons to Hobby Lobby and Michaels because they usually have a good discount

For DD11- an "almost a teenager" box or basket. I filled it with nail polish, lip gloss, those teen fan magazines with Justin Bieber and Jonas brothers on the cover, a diary, gel pens, breathsavers, fancy shower soap and deodrant and a couple cds.

My dd is a little older than yours but most everything I got her would be okay for your dds' ages.
Uggs (not suggesting you buy them, just letting you know that was her only want this year)
new purse
make-up, nail polish, lip gloss set
BBW temptations shampoo/body wash set
snuggie
fuzzy sock slippers
funky fingerless gloves
ipod dock (some have adapters to use with any MP3 player)
itunes card.
squinkies
smencils
hair straightener
funky socks

Just a few more ideas:

Justin Bieber calendar
Recent Video tapes, The Karate Kid, Dispecable Me (comes out tomorrow)
A pair of fingerless gloves
The new Scrabble game
Giftcards to favorite food places(smoothie king, canes, McDonalds etc)

I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter