Christmas Shopping 2010

Well perhaps, if he spent more time promoting his site in places he CAN advertise effectivley, his might be SOLD OUT too!!!!!!!!!!! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:rotfl::rotfl:

*** Ahhhh! Edited to add, that I see what happened now. Was banned, but sounds like he/she was very helpful to some. My apologies, it seems that I read it differently than it was intended!

His site doesn't sell them-he tracks stock-if you google "toy stock tracker" you'll come up with the site.;)

I hadn't even thought about Pop On Pals. Thanks, Ed. Would those be fun toys for the car? Are there any that are boy oriented (not that I would care but my soldier hubby would)?

DS is 3 1/2 and loves the Weebles commercial and points out the big toy - the treehouse I think - every time we see it in store. To me it just looks like a big toy that will get kicked to the side pretty quickly and the smaller pieces will get played with separately.

Both my DD9 and DS11 have loved the Percy Jackson series.
They rarely like the same books but these were a super hit in our house.
Check them out.

Thanks. We actually have them....but.....he didn't like them :confused3 He did get the new Rick Riordan book at his bookfair today and has been reading it all evening so maybe there is hope ;)

I hadn't even thought about Pop On Pals. Thanks, Ed. Would those be fun toys for the car? Are there any that are boy oriented (not that I would care but my soldier hubby would)?

DS is 3 1/2 and loves the Weebles commercial and points out the big toy - the treehouse I think - every time we see it in store. To me it just looks like a big toy that will get kicked to the side pretty quickly and the smaller pieces will get played with separately.

Pop On Pals for the car... Mmmm.. That's an interesting one.

For bringing them along with you and having pretend play, yes. For doing the popping stuff? ... Depends on how much space / what kind of car you have. You do kind of have to physically push them in for the pop part to ... pop.

Like... imagine each part of the doll that you pop on are circular objects.. And you push down on the head / body part of the doll and it inserts into that circle... When you push down, it locks on and attaches itself.

So.. you need that hard surface to make that happen. BUT... you can bring them around with you. They have a decent cute factor to them.

AND there are different characters and playsets -- boy specific ones too. It's actually a VERY gender family product in that way. So, that might be a good thing to keep in mind.

My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES (did I say she likes them yet) Weebles. But, she took right to the Pop on pals. Pretty much instantly.

Conversely though, for the record, my daughter does play with her mini weebles in the house. I think you are looking at the classic throwback ones that came out this year. You might want to try to eye some of the smaller ones that are made to fit smaller hands? That may change your outlook!

And hi lovesdumbo :) I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks. We actually have them....but.....he didn't like them :confused3 He did get the new Rick Riordan book at his bookfair today and has been reading it all evening so maybe there is hope ;)

Have you tried the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series or even the Harry Potter books?

Pop On Pals for the car... Mmmm.. That's an interesting one.

For bringing them along with you and having pretend play, yes. For doing the popping stuff? ... Depends on how much space / what kind of car you have. You do kind of have to physically push them in for the pop part to ... pop.

Like... imagine each part of the doll that you pop on are circular objects.. And you push down on the head / body part of the doll and it inserts into that circle... When you push down, it locks on and attaches itself.

So.. you need that hard surface to make that happen. BUT... you can bring them around with you. They have a decent cute factor to them.

AND there are different characters and playsets -- boy specific ones too. It's actually a VERY gender family product in that way. So, that might be a good thing to keep in mind.

My daughter LOVES LOVES LOVES (did I say she likes them yet) Weebles. But, she took right to the Pop on pals. Pretty much instantly.

Conversely though, for the record, my daughter does play with her mini weebles in the house. I think you are looking at the classic throwback ones that came out this year. You might want to try to eye some of the smaller ones that are made to fit smaller hands? That may change your outlook!

And hi lovesdumbo :) I'll just leave it at that.

I haven't seen the other sets so I'll take a look. Like we NEED more toys... :rolleyes1

I love using ******* to track toys. Last year that was how I found the much sought after Zhu Zhu pet...and I did not have to pay crazy inflated prices...and just today I used *******.com to track a teacup piggy. I had been to a couple of toys r us stores with no luck and could never find it in stock...so I noticed on ******* that they sold teacup piggies at Radio Shack and they were in stock!! I did not want to pay the shipping cost for Radio Shack so I called my local radio shack and they had them in stock! :cool1::cool1: The best part was even though they are $14.99 at radio shack versus $12.99 at TRU, the one I bought at Radio Shack came with some extra accessories and an outfit...which normally costs around $7! I would have never thought to look at radio shack had I not seen it on *******!! Love the Teacup piggies!!:goodvibes

hmmm...why cannot I not post the website I used to find my toys??? Am I missing something? Well if anybody needs to know just PM me because it was a lifesaver for me!

I love using ******* to track toys. Last year that was how I found the much sought after Zhu Zhu pet...and I did not have to pay crazy inflated prices...and just today I used *******.com to track a teacup piggy. I had been to a couple of toys r us stores with no luck and could never find it in stock...so I noticed on ******* that they sold teacup piggies at Radio Shack and they were in stock!! I did not want to pay the shipping cost for Radio Shack so I called my local radio shack and they had them in stock! :cool1::cool1: The best part was even though they are $14.99 at radio shack versus $12.99 at TRU, the one I bought at Radio Shack came with some extra accessories and an outfit...which normally costs around $7! I would have never thought to look at radio shack had I not seen it on *******!! Love the Teacup piggies!!:goodvibes

I'm guessing that you probably typed ed's site name and now that the mods know about him, they are blocking the site. Sort of like they used to do with www.touringplans.com. This whole thing with Ed reminds me of what happened on the scrapbooking board with my friend Britt. That was a total disaster and caused most of the digital scrappers to essentially leave the DIS. What a mess. Anyway, I'm glad ed is here and trying to help us anyway, even though he got slapped by the mods. But, that's my long answer to your simple question about why you can't type that site name!

That is a bummer. Especially since we are able to post so many other websites and deals on these boards. I could see if Ed was posting all over the dis boards trying to sell his website but for crying out loud he is on one thread trying to help us all out. Oh well! I am just beyond thrilled that I got a hold of my teacup piggy! I had no idea they were going to be so difficult to find so I am glad I got it now before it gets even harder.

Thanks guys.

Seriously, it means a lot. I appreciate it.

I just overstepped a boundary that I wasn't aware of here, and, as someone that has his own thing, I understand and can respect whatever is put in place. It's unfortunate my stuff got blocked out, but, DIS boards isn't mine. Is what it is I suppose.

(My offer still stands to try to work something out however where perhaps we could advertise and I could continue my help here as I am ... I dunno. Either way, this can be a nice distraction honestly :) I can't say I'll always have copious amounts of free time, but, you guys seem to genuinely appreciate so I'll help where I can!

That stuff aside, as for the teacup piggy, I did the hands on with that one.

Just be VERYYYY careful on who you give the pig to. I didn't notice at first, but, at least on my pig, the tail comes right out. Not a big deal if you know, so, just trying to help out with that little bit of knowledge that came to my attention later on.

But, yea, very cute. And I was surprised at the amount of interaction it had. I would have assumed it was just a pig toy, but, it's got some pretty good built in interaction..

The put the pig on the side and have it fall asleep (it goes ZZZZZ) was a nice touch. Simple use of the toy, but, a very nice touch!

Thanks guys.

Seriously, it means a lot. I appreciate it.

I just overstepped a boundary that I wasn't aware of here, and, as someone that has his own thing, I understand and can respect whatever is put in place. It's unfortunate my stuff got blocked out, but, DIS boards isn't mine. Is what it is I suppose.

(My offer still stands to try to work something out however where perhaps we could advertise and I could continue my help here as I am ... I dunno. Either way, this can be a nice distraction honestly :) I can't say I'll always have copious amounts of free time, but, you guys seem to genuinely appreciate so I'll help where I can!

That stuff aside, as for the teacup piggy, I did the hands on with that one.

Just be VERYYYY careful on who you give the pig to. I didn't notice at first, but, at least on my pig, the tail comes right out. Not a big deal if you know, so, just trying to help out with that little bit of knowledge that came to my attention later on.

But, yea, very cute. And I was surprised at the amount of interaction it had. I would have assumed it was just a pig toy, but, it's got some pretty good built in interaction..

The put the pig on the side and have it fall asleep (it goes ZZZZZ) was a nice touch. Simple use of the toy, but, a very nice touch!

Luckily I bought the pig for DD7 so I think we should be on the safe side. Like I mentioned before I am loving the fact the the pigs from Radio Shack come with extra accessories and an outfit. Much better deal than TRU. Although they only had Princess...no other options.

Both my DD9 and DS11 have loved the Percy Jackson series.
They rarely like the same books but these were a super hit in our house.
Check them out.

My kids like Percy Adams, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Series of Unfortunate Events. I bought all 3 book sets with the Borders 40% off coupon. I'm looking for one more set of books so they don't have to split one set even though it all goes on the same book shelf and they share.

My kids like Percy Adams, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Series of Unfortunate Events. I bought all 3 book sets with the Borders 40% off coupon. I'm looking for one more set of books so they don't have to split one set even though it all goes on the same book shelf and they share.

I'm not sure what ages you're buying for, but I just bought my ds a set of three books, I can't remember the title, but they made a movie about one, something to do with an owl. I'll see if I can find which box I put it in before he gets home from school.

I got alot of shopping done today. I bought a dsi bundle with a Mario game and Christmas Carol game (not sure I'm gonna keep that). I also got him Fossil Fighters, Kirby Epic Yarn, and a game vault. Now I just need a couple books and pajamas and DS9 will be done.

Decided to go to Walgreens today to pick up two teacup piggy's for my girls...spoke with the manager at the first Walgreens who said they just got a large shipment yesterday but finally realized somebody came in yesterday and bought the whole case :rolleyes:

Went to Walgreens #2 same story....somebody came in and bought all that they had :sad2:

Finally at Walgreens #3 found some and got just 2 (one for each of my girls) :cool1: and they were on sale too for $9.99. At that price I was tempted to buy two more but decided against it. It's just that I have bought so much for the girls already...:rolleyes1

I had no idea these were going to be so difficult to find! Now I need to buy some outfits/accessories for them. They do look really cute!

Decided to go to Walgreens today to pick up two teacup piggy's for my girls...spoke with the manager at the first Walgreens who said they just got a large shipment yesterday but finally realized somebody came in yesterday and bought the whole case :rolleyes:

Went to Walgreens #2 same story....somebody came in and bought all that they had :sad2:

Finally at Walgreens #3 found some and got just 2 (one for each of my girls) :cool1: and they were on sale too for $9.99. At that price I was tempted to buy two more but decided against it. It's just that I have bought so much for the girls already...:rolleyes1

I had no idea these were going to be so difficult to find! Now I need to buy some outfits/accessories for them. They do look really cute!

That's crazy!

I went to look to see if they had any online at Walgreens that could be tracked, but, maybe they are in store only? Looks that way for now at least.

OH!

Nook and ebook reader people... There is a blow out on Ebay right now for the original nook!!

Search for item :

$99 bucks!!! Really!!!

It's even from B&N too. Just refurbished.

So... Enjoy!

And my little veggiemom helper is all done with the pop on pals. Came out cute!

Justed...just wanted to say thanks for the tip! My brother has been visiting for the last 2 weeks and hooked me up with your site! (Can I say that?) Anyway....I owe you big thanks!

Picked up DS's Kinect from Gamestop today. So I can cross one more thing off the list. I looked at the Lalaloopsies at TRU and they are a great deal with the free outfit but I managed to avoid buying one. Not sure DD would want it but I kept thinking "surely some kid at school will ask for it from our angel tree program". I need retail rehab. DH and I had the "annual Christmas conversation" - he likes to be "involved" more than just forking over the money. Sort of. It boils down to me logging into sites, loading up the shopping cart, and then calling him so he can log in and pay for it. Still, he gets to tell his buddies at work that he did his Christmas shopping during lunch :lmao:

I did manage to find the youngest some dress up outfits :yay: Thank goodness because his list this year was ridiculous *sigh* He just turned seven and is tiny, t-i-n-y, and prone to accidents because he tries to hang in there with the big kids. Anyway, he asked for a GO KART. I just don't see us finding a small one that is easy to use and doesn't go super fast:confused3 (of course, if you know of one feel free to point it out LOL) He has been on about a tree house for forever too. Guess what - we have not ONE suitable tree for such a structure. My grand idea was to get one of the big wooden swingsets and just put up the main structure with the "house" and the slide and call it a treehouse. I'm not sure if that is sound as far as structure, it seems ok but if not please give me a heads up. I don't want to put the swings on because we don't have that much room to take up in the back.

DS11 likes the smaller Lego Star Wars sets he's gotten. I thought of suggesting the larger ones to grandmothers but I need some input - those whose kids have these and play with them. Do they leave them up all the time? Do they have different containers to store the different sets if they take them apart? Is it any fun once you've put it together or is it just in the building? He just says he enjoyed building the little podracer or whatever it is. One year when our boys were fairly small FIL gave them a Lego Pirate Ship. It was HUGE and all the men tried to put it together. By noon on Christmas day FIL, BIL, and DH weren't speaking and the pieces of the Pirate ship had been thrown in the trash. So my experience with Legos is a bit negative :laughing: I have two cousins who grew up getting several Lego sets each Christmas and playing with them all the time though so I know there has to be some entertainment.

Justed...just wanted to say thanks for the tip! My brother has been visiting for the last 2 weeks and hooked me up with your site! (Can I say that?) Anyway....I owe you big thanks!

We do what we can :)

Thanks though. We hear from probably about 5% of the users directly that use it so.. it never gets old :)

Thanks!

Picked up DS's Kinect from Gamestop today. So I can cross one more thing off the list. I looked at the Lalaloopsies at TRU and they are a great deal with the free outfit but I managed to avoid buying one. Not sure DD would want it but I kept thinking "surely some kid at school will ask for it from our angel tree program". I need retail rehab. DH and I had the "annual Christmas conversation" - he likes to be "involved" more than just forking over the money. Sort of. It boils down to me logging into sites, loading up the shopping cart, and then calling him so he can log in and pay for it. Still, he gets to tell his buddies at work that he did his Christmas shopping during lunch :lmao:

I did manage to find the youngest some dress up outfits :yay: Thank goodness because his list this year was ridiculous *sigh* He just turned seven and is tiny, t-i-n-y, and prone to accidents because he tries to hang in there with the big kids. Anyway, he asked for a GO KART. I just don't see us finding a small one that is easy to use and doesn't go super fast:confused3 (of course, if you know of one feel free to point it out LOL) He has been on about a tree house for forever too. Guess what - we have not ONE suitable tree for such a structure. My grand idea was to get one of the big wooden swingsets and just put up the main structure with the "house" and the slide and call it a treehouse. I'm not sure if that is sound as far as structure, it seems ok but if not please give me a heads up. I don't want to put the swings on because we don't have that much room to take up in the back.

DS11 likes the smaller Lego Star Wars sets he's gotten. I thought of suggesting the larger ones to grandmothers but I need some input - those whose kids have these and play with them. Do they leave them up all the time? Do they have different containers to store the different sets if they take them apart? Is it any fun once you've put it together or is it just in the building? He just says he enjoyed building the little podracer or whatever it is. One year when our boys were fairly small FIL gave them a Lego Pirate Ship. It was HUGE and all the men tried to put it together. By noon on Christmas day FIL, BIL, and DH weren't speaking and the pieces of the Pirate ship had been thrown in the trash. So my experience with Legos is a bit negative :laughing: I have two cousins who grew up getting several Lego sets each Christmas and playing with them all the time though so I know there has to be some entertainment.

Did you see that new Razor Go Kart hybrid thing? That might be a good middle of the road arrangement for you guys?

Razor Electric-Powered Ground Force Drifter Ride-On

I SO want that. I'm not so sure I would fit, but I sure as heck would at least try.

And as I watch the non stop commercials for moon dough I realize I need to get on it.

If you haven't used the Moon Dough line, I (accidentally) put their motto to the test. The moon dough farm was left out all night :)

And it really doesn't dry up! Same as it was when we took it out of the package. Pretty cool.

And the farm set is nice too. As long as you go slow, it really does make the animals very well.

The substance of the moon dough is JUST like a circus peanut candy. I swear, must be the same thing or darn close!

If you are on the fence on that one, I say it's a good choice for the price or otherwise. The stuff really doesn't dry out and the farm playset is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter