Christmas Shopping 2010

Thanks everyone for the help with the Easy Bake oven,:goodvibes

Does anyone know anything about the Leapster Explorer

edzL...thanks for all the info and reviews - it is really helpful, especially since I am picking things up if I think they will be great fun!

Thanks! And call me ed ;)

My daughter JUST pointed this out to me in the TRU book.. and that is what i was thinking it was.. I LOVED my Simon! I am going to get this for her just so I can play with it!!!LOL

That's the true christmas spirit in full effect. Fun toys for the kids AND mom and dad!

can anyone help me figure out how these night vision goggle/binoculars all on amazon are any different?
I think this is what I want-Eyeclops Night Vision 2.0 $66.99 free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Infrared-Binoculars-Absolute-Darkness/dp/B00357FUB4/ref=pd_sbs_t_5

Aren't these the exact same thing? $59.99 + $5.49 shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infared-Stealth-Binoculars/dp/B0026G8SCI/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

And these look the same too just under a different name? $43.97 freee shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/Spy-Net-Vision-Surveillance-Goggles/dp/B003AUF1XI/ref=dp_ob_title_toy

Any insights would be appreciated!

The 2.0 at 66.99 is third party sellers at Amazon. So the increased price doesn't necessarily mean it's newer, its actually older. So, move along from that one.

The original Eyeclops you also mention is the really older one, and it only has one eye usable. Yes, it means what it sounds like. That's why all the new ones talk about "dual eye".

So, yes, believe it or not, the CHEAP one :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003AUF1XI

Is the one you want!!

:D

Congrats for taking the time to ask! What do you win? The best toy at the cheapest price!

;)

Hope that helps!

The 2.0 at 66.99 is third party sellers at Amazon. So the increased price doesn't necessarily mean it's newer, its actually older. So, move along from that one.

The original Eyeclops you also mention is the really older one, and it only has one eye usable. Yes, it means what it sounds like. That's why all the new ones talk about "dual eye".

So, yes, believe it or not, the CHEAP one :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003AUF1XI

Is the one you want!!

:D

Congrats for taking the time to ask! What do you win? The best toy at the cheapest price!

;)

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Anyone have Carnival Games for Wii? The combo with the motion plus is on sale at Target this week. Wondering if I should get that for $40 or just buy a motion plus for about $15.

We have the original Carnival game for Wii and we all like it. My girls are 9 and 7 and they play it as well as the hubby and I. FYI, the ring toss is rigged! :rotfl2:

Well, it looks like I have to buy more Mighty Beanz. I had bought 2 sets during the TRU sale and intended to give one to each son. Then I decided DS 11 was too old and was going to give the second set to my younger DS's BFF (our families trade kid gifts.) Tonight, at Walmart, DS 11 said "Can I buy some Mighty Beanz?" LOL So back on his list they go and I'll have to buy the friend a set. He did buy himself a small pack. FWIW, our Walmart has them in 2 packs at the register for $1.98 a pack. I may get a couple more to throw in stockings. Maybe 3.....DD was all "sad" tonight that she has no beanz :confused3

We have the original Carnival game for Wii and we all like it. My girls are 9 and 7 and they play it as well as the hubby and I. FYI, the ring toss is rigged! :rotfl2:

Thanks! I cannot do the ring toss on Toy Story Mania-the real ride in the parks or the wii game.:laughing:

Thanks everyone for the help with the Easy Bake oven,:goodvibes

Does anyone know anything about the Leapster Explorer

We have been considering the Leapster Explorer for our son as well. Our daughter has a Leapster, and loves it (gets good usage years after purchase). Has the ability to be used when traveling (car, plane, etc.) and can hold her attention while offering some educational value. The Explorer looks to be the next iteration/advancement in the series with a better screen (and possibly better horsepower under the hood). Does not look like the cartridges interchange, at least that is not mentioned as a benefit, so I am assuming that it is not possible. We (or more importantly the kiddos) have liked Leapfrog products, so it is on the short list this year.

Another one to look at, depending on the ages invovled is the Tag reader. Both of our kids enjoy the books and keep going back to these titles. Leapfrog has come out with some non-book pieces to use the reader that have been well received in our house. All in all, we replace batteries in these readers frequently (meaning they get used).

If you are thinking of Leapfrog products, sign up for their email promos on their website. Most are so-so, but some are gems and sometimes there are retail store coupons as well.

We have been considering the Leapster Explorer for our son as well. Our daughter has a Leapster, and loves it (gets good usage years after purchase). Has the ability to be used when traveling (car, plane, etc.) and can hold her attention while offering some educational value. The Explorer looks to be the next iteration/advancement in the series with a better screen (and possibly better horsepower under the hood). Does not look like the cartridges interchange, at least that is not mentioned as a benefit, so I am assuming that it is not possible. We (or more importantly the kiddos) have liked Leapfrog products, so it is on the short list this year.

Another one to look at, depending on the ages invovled is the Tag reader. Both of our kids enjoy the books and keep going back to these titles. Leapfrog has come out with some non-book pieces to use the reader that have been well received in our house. All in all, we replace batteries in these readers frequently (meaning they get used).

If you are thinking of Leapfrog products, sign up for their email promos on their website. Most are so-so, but some are gems and sometimes there are retail store coupons as well.

I am 100% convinced that my oldest son learned to read as well as he does largely in part to the etag series of books. He had one before the little jr came out and was probably too young for it at the time... but, it is unreal compared to his classmates just how well he reads! I'm 100% sold on that product line.

And yes, you are right, unfortunately with the new and improved graphics of this generation's leapster, the old cartridges are no longer compatible. No biggie if you don't have an investment, but, if you do, don't sell the old handheld on ebay prior to upgrading!

And I was doing some checking in on some of our trackers a min ago. One thing that caught my eye is that the SingAMaJigs are down to 9.74 at TRU!

So, if you've been on the fence, check it out :

http://www.zoolert.com/sing-a-ma-jigs-singamajigs-in-stock-tracker/

As of right now purple is in stock.

(all of the prices are updated in real time too along with stock inforamtion so we can help in getting the best deal too)

ANNNNNNNND. I'm very happy to let you guys know that I will be able to help out with Spin Master toy info that has been coming up (like the moon dough line, etc, etc) as we are to get a few samples in soon for review!

So, I'll have more input and recommendations soon for all that.

Here's one I saw wondering the aisles at Target (yet again). It's this Crayola product - Color Me a Song :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00296N9G0...

The baby / toddler scribbles on it, and there is music that matches the speed of drawing. Go faster, the music picks up the beat. Go slower, the music dies down. Sounds like a really great natural toy for little ones... I know I've seen my daughter scribble at all sorts of different speeds (tempos?) and matching music to it would be fun for her.

Anyone have any hands on with that?

I think it's been out for a year or so, and it's not my typical "hot" toy stuff I focus on.

This is just regular "ed" looking for some parents input for a gift for my kids for Xmas. Or, ummm I mean Santa suggestion!

:)

Does anybody have the Rapunzel/Tangled tower? I want to get one for Dd#3 - but want to know if it is worth the$$ it is cheaper in theTRU toy book than it is at Wal or Target - we have a couple of barbie houses (we have 3 girls) but this is something different- and her 4th birthday is 12/27 so I need lots of ideas for her!

I haven't posted recently, but I have to give kudos to this thread! I actually am saving SO much money this year because I found this thread, and started shopping so early this year that I am able to wait and seek out good deals and use current coupons to get a nice deal on many items on our lists!

For DS, here's what I have so far:
Handy Manny Construction Job set (found on sale at Target 2 weeks ago!)
Toy Story (piggy) Bank
A Bug's Life DVD (Dis Movie Club deal!)
Wall-E figures (on sale for 1.99 at Dis Store!)
Toy Story Slippers (also on sale at Disney Store)
Geotrax train/team Aero & Eric - used a TRU gift voucher I had
Geotrax track set (got "FREE" as part of buy 2 get 3rd free when I bought the holiday train set to go up under the tree early)

Still to purchase:
iXL Learning System
Curious George puzzle or game
Vtech Bugsby Reading system and cartridge/book
Home Depot Deluxe Power tool set
Toy piano
Something Thomas - probably the Sodor clock tower and a train
Toy Story 3 (I think I'm gonna order from BN.com b/c I have a coupon and it's a better deal than the Movie club offer)
Something Chuck and Friends

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who posts here, especially about good deals they are finding. I've been checking Amazon, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sears, JCP, and Toys R Us regularly, watching to see if their sales fit my list. So far it's working!

The big item on my list I'm really hunting for is wii Guitar Hero super bundle (with the drums, etc) for DH. Not hard to find. But I'm hoping I can get a good deal. I have a $20 rewards card from Best Buy so I hope I can find it on sale there. :thumbsup2

The only problem is - now I'm in SUCH a holiday mood and it's not even Halloween yet! I wish the rest of the world would hurry up and catch up with me! It was in the 70s yesterday here - that's NOT christmas shopping weather!!!! :lmao:

So far I have a bunch of the new Lego games for my DS and cousins (I think those are going to be a big hit this year), some Lego sets for my son, fleece to make no-sew blankets for some of the cousins (jo-ann fabrics had a big sale on fleece last week), and some Fisher Price toys for the little cousins. I still have a ways to go, but I want to try and finish my shopping on black friday. Wish me luck! I love this thread. It makes me realize I'm not crazy for shopping early. My relatives all make fun of me for shopping early! (I should tell them you all start in July and see what they say!)

I registered with Vista print and they now send me tons of emails (the bad part) with all kinds of things for free! (The good part!)
My DD7's second grade teacher loves post-it notes, so I ordered her some personalized ones with "From the Desk of Ms. *****" and cute primary colored handprints on them. I got one for free, but ordered 4. With shipping it came to about $10. So I will give her those plus some homemade goodies.

Oh! Just had to share!

I was on my favorite black friday ad site today (bfads) and found that the toys r us, kmart, and walmart toy catalogs have been scanned - sales start this sunday (Oct 31) for TRU and Kmart and Nov 7th for Walmart!

Happy shopping everyone- and Good Luck!

I haven't posted recently, but I have to give kudos to this thread! I actually am saving SO much money this year because I found this thread, and started shopping so early this year that I am able to wait and seek out good deals and use current coupons to get a nice deal on many items on our lists!

For DS, here's what I have so far:
Handy Manny Construction Job set (found on sale at Target 2 weeks ago!)
Toy Story (piggy) Bank
A Bug's Life DVD (Dis Movie Club deal!)
Wall-E figures (on sale for 1.99 at Dis Store!)
Toy Story Slippers (also on sale at Disney Store)
Geotrax train/team Aero & Eric - used a TRU gift voucher I had
Geotrax track set (got "FREE" as part of buy 2 get 3rd free when I bought the holiday train set to go up under the tree early)

Still to purchase:
iXL Learning System
Curious George puzzle or game
Vtech Bugsby Reading system and cartridge/book
Home Depot Deluxe Power tool set
Toy piano
Something Thomas - probably the Sodor clock tower and a train
Toy Story 3 (I think I'm gonna order from BN.com b/c I have a coupon and it's a better deal than the Movie club offer)
Something Chuck and Friends

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who posts here, especially about good deals they are finding. I've been checking Amazon, Target, Barnes & Noble, Sears, JCP, and Toys R Us regularly, watching to see if their sales fit my list. So far it's working!

The big item on my list I'm really hunting for is wii Guitar Hero super bundle (with the drums, etc) for DH. Not hard to find. But I'm hoping I can get a good deal. I have a $20 rewards card from Best Buy so I hope I can find it on sale there. :thumbsup2

The only problem is - now I'm in SUCH a holiday mood and it's not even Halloween yet! I wish the rest of the world would hurry up and catch up with me! It was in the 70s yesterday here - that's NOT christmas shopping weather!!!! :lmao:

BBM - If you find this on sale at another store then just bring in the ad to Best Buy and they will price match so you can use your rewards card. :thumbsup2 The only type of sale they haven't price matched for us was the Buy2Get1Free on Wii games from TRU awhile back. They match actual prices for identical items though.

I've finished up my mil. She's getting a James Avery "V" charm for her charm bracelet in honor of our new baby due in a few weeks, a Tinker Bell wind chime (fil bought her a Tinker Bell bird feeder at Disney World in April), and the kids picked out some lotion and hand sanitizer for her at Bath and Body Works.

DD11 is getting a James Avery ring from Santa, the Trinity ring. It's so pretty, I've thought about keeping it.

Well considering I got a last start shopping this year I figured I better jump on in earlier this week. Yesterday I went to WM and found a campfire accessory set and birthday accessory set for $10 each that will work with my girls AG dolls. Then went to Target and found a doll carrier ($17), cake & decorating accessory set ($18) and 2 packs of clothes (9.99 each) for my youngest ones AG doll for Christmas. Then today I finally went ahead and ordered AG doll Lanie (bday gift for DD6(will be 7 in Dec) and ordered AG doll Elizabeth for Christmas. Now to start shopping for the other 2 girls.

BBM - If you find this on sale at another store then just bring in the ad to Best Buy and they will price match so you can use your rewards card. :thumbsup2 The only type of sale they haven't price matched for us was the Buy2Get1Free on Wii games from TRU awhile back. They match actual prices for identical items though.

THANK YOU! I will definitely keep that in mind. I didn't know that about Best Buy. I know Sears will do that (did for our tv purchase), but I didn't know that about BB. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Well considering I got a last start shopping this year I figured I better jump on in earlier this week. Yesterday I went to WM and found a campfire accessory set and birthday accessory set for $10 each that will work with my girls AG dolls. Then went to Target and found a doll carrier ($17), cake & decorating accessory set ($18) and 2 packs of clothes (9.99 each) for my youngest ones AG doll for Christmas. Then today I finally went ahead and ordered AG doll Lanie (bday gift for DD6(will be 7 in Dec) and ordered AG doll Elizabeth for Christmas. Now to start shopping for the other 2 girls.

Did you take advantage of free shipping for your www.americangirl.com purchases??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter