Christmas Shopping 2010

Has anyone got the Paper Jamz Guitars I am wondering if they actually work and are worth it or not?

I bought the pink one for my DD7, although I'm saving it for Christmas, so I can't vouch for whether or not it will work as advertised. I have read lots of reviews saying that they are quite fun, and they do seem to be selling well where we are.

Was gonna ask what a Fugg is then realized you must mean "Fake Uggs" :rotfl: Which pair did you get her? I love the foil print ones (that have sayings and peace signs on them) but they are such a light color. DD had some lt pink ones from Sears last year and the first day at school they looked HORRID! QUOTE]

I bought the ones that have the fur that wraps over the foot and the top of the boot folds down. Here's the link

http://www.shopjustice.com/viewLarger?item=7030812

Was gonna ask what a Fugg is then realized you must mean "Fake Uggs" :rotfl: Which pair did you get her? I love the foil print ones (that have sayings and peace signs on them) but they are such a light color. DD had some lt pink ones from Sears last year and the first day at school they looked HORRID! QUOTE]

I bought the ones that have the fur that wraps over the foot and the top of the boot folds down. Here's the link

http://www.shopjustice.com/viewLarger?item=7030812

I love that color! A little girl at school last year had Uggs that color and they always looked so good. Of course, it could be that she isn't NEARLY as hard on her shoes as DD but I do think that color is a bit more forgiving.

Has anyone got the Paper Jamz Guitars I am wondering if they actually work and are worth it or not?

Shoot.

I really need to get the video review of it up!

Here's my SHORT synopsis. I think I gave a little bit of a long winded answer before.

If it was 15 bucks, it would be a no brainer go run out and buy it. At 25, it gives you a moment for hesitation.

With that said, it's actually a very cool and fun toy. What makes it so unique is the "free play" mode where you can actually air strum out real, different and unique sounding chords depending on where you place your fingers down the guitar -- like playing a real guitar. Kinda sorta :) You're limited to probably about under 20 (?) different chord sounds.... So... As long as you're not expecting to play like Stairway To Heaven, it's actually really fun! The 3 songs included which each guitar, different for each one, provides enough entertainment to strum along with to make the music play but it's really fun with the free play mode.

The other neat part about it is since it has an audio out, you can either buy the separate amp and plug it in to that or .... a real amp! Pretty cool stuff.

So, there ya go. Hope that helps! (I did say short, right?)

And if you guys are looking for a unqiue gift that is a pretty cool alternative to some of the more mature dolls out there, we did a writeup on the zoolert blog about Go Go Sports Dolls *

*disclaimer : we were given one as a sample to review

It's a really well made doll ... and really big! The company really goes for a simple and well intended message with the dolls. And it comes through pretty well. It's probably a big seller for active girls in sports at the end of a season of say soccer or something else like that.

And we started checking out some of the Tron toys that are coming out. VERY cool. The (geeky) father in your life would probably like the Tron adult collector disc or some of the light cycle stuff.

Hoo boy we got a lot to pound through and review.

Did anyone have any hands on experience with the new video spy watch? I want to check one of those out!

(yes, I'm a big kid)

My dd6 asked for one last night, they were on HSN. I looked it up today and the none of the guitars had music on them I really think she will like or I would let my 6 year old listen to. One of them has Alice Cooper and KISS songs, which personally for me I am ok with but a 6 year old?

The tan one with these 3 songs seems to be the best option, but I am hesitent since I know what the turning japanese song lyrics are refering to even though she wouldn't.
Aliens Exist by Blink-182, Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy and Turning Japanese by The Vapors.

The cute pink one has One Way or Another by Blondie, Middle of the Road by The Pretenders and Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
I personally like those songs but I don't think I want her going around school singing these songs based on lyrics as well.

I am at a loss on this, they are so cute but I just don't think she is going to be getting this for Christmas or her 7th B-day in January.

I got more shopping done today. I got DD this Barbie dog that has makeup and Barbie set that has dogs that swim in a pool. As you can tell she loves anything dog related. I got DS9 a cd player for his room and DS11 basketball hoop for room. Both asked for these items. I only have 2 more gifts to pick up for DD and she is done for Christmas and her birthday. :cool1:

I finally got ideas for DS9 so now I can start working on his list. It will be preatty much anything hockey related. He started skating lessons this month and if he passes then will start up hockey lessons. He is very excited and loves to skate. So now everything he asks for is hockey related.

DS11 I only have a few more things left to pick up for him.

Now the hardest kid - DH!

My dd6 asked for one last night, they were on HSN. I looked it up today and the none of the guitars had music on them I really think she will like or I would let my 6 year old listen to. One of them has Alice Cooper and KISS songs, which personally for me I am ok with but a 6 year old?

The tan one with these 3 songs seems to be the best option, but I am hesitent since I know what the turning japanese song lyrics are refering to even though she wouldn't.
Aliens Exist by Blink-182, Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy and Turning Japanese by The Vapors.

The cute pink one has One Way or Another by Blondie, Middle of the Road by The Pretenders and Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar
I personally like those songs but I don't think I want her going around school singing these songs based on lyrics as well.

I am at a loss on this, they are so cute but I just don't think she is going to be getting this for Christmas or her 7th B-day in January.

HA!

Apparently you have one up on me. I had to look up the meaning behind Turning Japanese.

She bop, sure, I knew that one.. It seems like everyone caught onto that one recently, but, Turning Japanese was a new one to me. Well played. Well played...

One of the things to keep in mind on the Paper Jamz songs, at least all of the ones I have heard (and played with), they are all cover versions. I don't think it's quite the same as in a kidz bop vein where they also clean them up a bit, but, it's a cover version.

The one I have has :

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU
The Romantics

TWO PRINCES
Spin Doctors

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT (AND L FEEL FINE)
REM

That's the series 2 guitar.

Not sure how you would feel about the end of the world, but, the other two are on the tame side I think? And, the lyrics go by too fast to understand them anyway ;)

I'll get off my butt and get a video up for you guys if you are interested?

HA!

Apparently you have one up on me. I had to look up the meaning behind Turning Japanese.

She bop, sure, I knew that one.. It seems like everyone caught onto that one recently, but, Turning Japanese was a new one to me. Well played. Well played...

One of the things to keep in mind on the Paper Jamz songs, at least all of the ones I have heard (and played with), they are all cover versions. I don't think it's quite the same as in a kidz bop vein where they also clean them up a bit, but, it's a cover version.

The one I have has :

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU
The Romantics

TWO PRINCES
Spin Doctors

REM

Not sure how you would feel about the end of the world, but, the other two are on the tame side I think? And, the lyrics go by too fast to understand them anyway ;)

Yes for the video please! I'm considering this for tim's DS9! :goodvibes: thanks!

Ed thanks for the review! And those kids are ADORABLE!! I loved the cameo from the baby girl saying "Cheese!" LOL. She must get a lot of pictures taken of her ;)

The little boy is really smart :) Definitely helped me consider the product :)

Ed thanks for the review! And those kids are ADORABLE!! I loved the cameo from the baby girl saying "Cheese!" LOL. She must get a lot of pictures taken of her ;)

The little boy is really smart :) Definitely helped me consider the product :)

No problem at all.

Like I mentioned in the writeup, we were sitting on that one. I was going to post it... but didn't know if it made sense for the very first zooLert video review, so, I tucked it away. After looking to see if I had another, I figured why not put it out there for everyone to enjoy :)

Yes, the cheese girl (as she will be forever known?) is my daughter and the boy is my son.

Almost three years into just tracking products for people, we're trying to branch out a bit. With all the repeat people looking for tips and info on what's hot from us, we thought it made sense to let everyone know in a more blog like format.

And, what better than kids to do the testing with us? Sure, I may think something is silly, but, I may not be able to fully appreciate it through the same eyes as a child. Or an age appropriate one even.

So, glad you liked it! Maybe we'll try to get version 2 up soon. It probably would be good for you to hear how low it is without the (real) amp.

I'm loving this thread:thumbsup2

I hope I'm contributing to the fun!

Thanks for the video, and how cute are those kids! He did a very good job explaining how it works. They seem pretty darn neat!

Thanks. (on all the compliments.)

It is neat! Actually, reacquainting myself with it after watching the video and playing with it again hands on... It's pretty darn cool. Like I have said in the past though... 15 bucks? No brainer. 20? Yea. 25? Mmmmm... Have to give it some thought, but, I still think it's a buy.

Oh! That promised look at the stealth cars is coming up this weekend too. So stay tuned for that.

Brief synopsis : They are somewhat slow, so, don't go the race car route if you have the flexibility. Get the tank because the slowness is overshadowed by the cool climbing over stuff ability!

Cute video!!

Is that a real amp or the Paper Jamz amp?

My son is learning the electric guitar, and we got him the Series 6 (?) (Black & White) guitar & I think the Series 2 amp.

I think he will have a blast! Your son seems to enjoy his guitar!

:)

trying to figure out a good train set for my DS 3. loves trains but not sure which one to get

Cute video!!

Is that a real amp or the Paper Jamz amp?

My son is learning the electric guitar, and we got him the Series 6 (?) (Black & White) guitar & I think the Series 2 amp.

I think he will have a blast! Your son seems to enjoy his guitar!

:)

Thanks.

It's a real amp. I don't have any hands on with the Paper Jamz amp so I'm not sure how that one works out.

But, yea, it's a good time :)

trying to figure out a good train set for my DS 3. loves trains but not sure which one to get

We really like(d) the Geo Trax set...very easy to set up and lots of selection. Kohls has nice holiday sets w/bonus pieces and they are always on Craigslist as well.

HA!

The one I have has :

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU
The Romantics

TWO PRINCES
Spin Doctors

REM

Thanks for posting, I went over to Target today and they had the same one you have, I can deal with those songs Thank you for helping me avoid explaining why she couldn't have one. It is hidden safely away and after your awesome video I think it will be for Christmas instead of her BDay, so she can entertain her aunts and uncles with it.

My 3 1/2 year old loves his wooden Thomas the Tank Engine train set. He has the table and a ton of track and engines that we got for a steal on ebay. He also likes setting the track up on the kitchen table and "playing twains".

Toys R Us puts the engines on sale quite a bit for Buy 1 Get 1 at 50% off.

Mind if I join??

So far for DD9 I have...AG doll Lanie and Lanie's PJs
Squinkies galore! Grabbed them up early
Few Zoobles
Unicorn PIllow Pet
2 Outfits from Gymboree
After shower wrap, hairbrush, hair ties

She is a competitive swimmer so def some suits, goggles, USA swim gear. Movies and Books, some cheap games.

DS3 (almost 4) I have a few ZhuZhus
small pack Squinkies so he leaves his sisters alone
Dog pillow pet
Now I am stuck on what else to get. He asked for the Fisher Price making mud pies thing but I am not sure how we would play with that in the winter.
He also asked for new "pooping books" which means exactly what he said, books to read on the potty! haha.

I was thinking of getting some Melissa and Doug kitchen set toys for him, but they were expensive at TRU, then I saw how cheap they were on amazon so maybe I will order some!

Thanks for the zhuzhu at Justice tip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter