Christmas Resort Options

Which Resort is best at Christmas Time

• Total voters

PrincessNelly

DIS Veteran
We're currently booked at Port Orleans French Quarter but for some reason I'm getting the urge to switch. We've stayed here during the Christmas season before but I want something even more festive, if that makes sense lol.
Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek, Boulder Ridge, Grand Floridan, and Riviera are not available sadly. So with that information, what other resorts do you find more magical at Christmas?

I like CBR at Christmas. The decor has a tropical vibe which fits the Florida weather nicely. Also they play steel-drum band versions of Christmas songs.

But honestly to me, I get more of the Christmas vibe from POFQ and POR. Plus the DS boat drops you off right near the Christmas store!

Poly Club Level at Christmas is nice too. I love sitting in the lounge with the big tree

Our vote would have been for the Wilderness Lodge. So beautiful and festive and you really feel the Xmas vibe. I was hoping that would have been an option for you.

If you don't really want to spend the price on a deluxe hotel Gran Destino Tower is indeed gorgeous at Xmas time! GDT is a bit of a price + decor sweet spot for me so that's going to get my vote here since you originally booked a mod.

We just booked at Wilderness Lodge because I've really wanted to stay there at Christmas but it was a bit of a wrestling match with DH over resort because he wanted AKL either Jambo or Kidani both of which were available. I have to admit it was a hard decision for me too but AKL was where we stayed last time, I really want WL at Christmas at least once, and it is a bit more convenient for our plans. So my vote is for AKL - it's so beautiful then.

We have been at the Poly and the swan for the holidays, but our favorite is OKW. Something about calypso christmas music while i'm wearing tropical wear just makes the holidays for me.

If I weren't a DVC owner, I would stay at POFQ or POR due to the costs of the deluxe resorts and visit the other alternatives. I stay at Poly during my traditional early December trips since I'm a DVC owner and like to be close to the MK. They have lovely Christmas decorations but underwhelming compared to other deluxe or moderate Disney resorts, including both POR and POFQ. Wilderness Lodge is far superior with the Christmas decorations. I will book dining reservations at Whispering Canyon to park at WL and enjoy the resort decoration before and after dinner.

Polynesian has a nice little Christmas feel. I have stayed over Christmas there once and we loved it. Characters come out for pictures by trees, etc. And I feel it's the most quiet of any of the MK resorts, other than WL. I would definitely add that to the list. SO beautiful during Christmas. Consider it for sure!

Grand Floridian - I love the life-sized gingerbread house. The shingles taste so good, too!

If you really want the immersive Christmas experience, stay at one of the Fort Wilderness cabins, (assuming you don't have an RV of some type). Rent a golf cart and enjoy the surroundings. Look up a few YouTube videos of Christmas at the Fort to see what I'm talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter