• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Picture Cards?

Are there any kind of different choices available? Can you make any one of your pictures into a Christamas Card? Please let me know about the options.....
Thank you! :flower: DIS NURSE :flower:

There were 3 different cards available. You just have to make sure if yoiu want the card with the round picture that whoever is in the photo is standing close together. I would suggest using the white background for the picture. The cards came out great! You only can use picture that the photographers take. I would have pictures done early that way if some don't come out good you can take more and still have time to get the cards done.

Hi,

Like Wendy said - you have a choice of three or four backgrounds - can't remember - and you have the option of buying 25 or 50 cards.

Does anyone have any pictures of what their cards look like? I think this is a fabulous idea for us, especially since we will be getting off the cruise right at the perfect time to send them out!

I was on the July 9th cruise and bought 100 cards for $59. I think there were 3 or 4 card designs to choose from. You can choose any picture that you have purchased to use for the card...but most designs require a horizontal picture...and the round ornament design requires one where the subjects are close together. I didn't know this until near the end of the cruise when I went to order the cards. I had a favorite picture I wanted to use, but it didn't really work with any of the christmas card designs because it was a vertical shot, we weren't grouped really close together, and it had a lot of background (it was a character shot). So I would recommend the white background and asking for horizontal as opposed to vertical shots. We ended up using one of the horizontal "lifestyle" shots on a plain white background and they look fantastic...it just wasn't my "first choice" shot. It sure was nice to leave the ship with Christmas cards in hand!!! We ordered them Friday afternoon and picked them up Saturday morning on the way to breakfast.

I agree that is a very good price.

Do they give you back (maybe scan the picture) the picture that you give them or do you loose that particular picture. I'd hate to loose a picture you really liked.

I purchased Christmas cards on board last week. Be careful though because the girl put the style down as A, but the horizontal line was low on the A and appeard to be a D. I didn't like the D style at all, so they are mailing them to us after redoing them.

You have to use a photo that Shutters took. I too used the all white background as it looks awesome on the cards. You buy the picture, then they use it to produce the cards.

Personally, they are beautiful and reasonable. I don't have to fight with the photo department at the local discount store this year to get them right!!! Last year the store spelled our names wrong TWICE and I almost didn't get them out on time to be delivered before Christmas!

what a great idea! anyone care to share theirs? i'm glad to know the price is reasonable, i would have no clue.

We just got off the Magic (yes, I'm still crying) and it was $25 for 25, $39 for 50 and $59 for 100. There were four card choices, two for a horiztonal picture and and two for a vertical picture. Obviously you have to use a picture they take, and it can be from either a 6x8 picture or an 8x10. We chose the Lifestyle picture they took of our family. This is the picture with the white background and the card we chose had the front part of the cruise ship in the ocean on one side with mickey and goofy carrying our photo, walking on the beach. Hard to explain, very cute in person. If I had a scanner, I'd scan it to show you all. Bottom line is, it's a great deal, they all look cute and they get them done in less than a day. You can order them up until 10:30 pm the night before your cruise ends. :teeth:

Lisa

So everyone keeps mentioning these "lifestyle" pictures, in this and other threads about photography on the ship. So just what is so much different about these pictures, because the background couldn't be anymore bland.....WHITE! Is it that you then can choose a background that they dub in? Are there certain times you can only sit for the Lifestyles pictures and do you need an appointment?
Thanks for all of your input! We will be returning from our 2 weeks of DCL/WDW just before December and to have great Christmas cards in hand ready to mail out will be fabulous! :flower:

You can have the lifestyles photos taken in the atrium, usually in the late afternoon before dinner/show times. No need for an appt, and you can look in the navigator each day to see exactly what time they are setting up. We liked to get there right when they are starting, as my DS tends to get all messed up and dirty very fast! LOL

The white background sounds boring, but they really are cute. You are sitting completely on the white, the background screen is pulled all the way down and you are sitting on it. You will take off your shoes, and get into a casual pose as directed by the photographer. He took 4 or 5 shots of us, and we loved them!! You are sitting on the floor and the camera is a bit above you, and usually they take a full body shot. It is a great angle, very flattering. He/she may take the camera off of the tripod and take a few others if he/she sees a good shot. It is really a fun, casual photo shoot, and great for families.

I personally love plain backgrounds. It keeps the focus on the people in the photos and you don't have to worry about being in the wrong place. They don't put another background in afterwards, so if you like the backgrounds with the ship, palm trees, etc...they have those as well. Usually there are 2 or 3 photographers set up, all with different backgrounds.

Give it a try, there is no obligation to buy, and you may be surprised at how cute they are. Just keep in mind not to wear a lot of white!

HTH!

KensJen said:
You can have the lifestyles photos taken in the atrium, usually in the late afternoon before dinner/show times. No need for an appt, and you can look in the navigator each day to see exactly what time they are setting up. We liked to get there right when they are starting, as my DS tends to get all messed up and dirty very fast! LOL

The white background sounds boring, but they really are cute. You are sitting completely on the white, the background screen is pulled all the way down and you are sitting on it. You will take off your shoes, and get into a casual pose as directed by the photographer. He took 4 or 5 shots of us, and we loved them!! You are sitting on the floor and the camera is a bit above you, and usually they take a full body shot. It is a great angle, very flattering. He/she may take the camera off of the tripod and take a few others if he/she sees a good shot. It is really a fun, casual photo shoot, and great for families.

I personally love plain backgrounds. It keeps the focus on the people in the photos and you don't have to worry about being in the wrong place. They don't put another background in afterwards, so if you like the backgrounds with the ship, palm trees, etc...they have those as well. Usually there are 2 or 3 photographers set up, all with different backgrounds.

Give it a try, there is no obligation to buy, and you may be surprised at how cute they are. Just keep in mind not to wear a lot of white!

HTH!

can someone take your pix, as well, w/your own camera, after the photographer does his/her thing? :flower:

Someone on this board shared this idea with me! You can go to Dave's site and click on the shutter's release, and fill in the date of your cruise and it will print you out the release so you can reprint your pics once you're home. This was helpful when we got home because I bought a frame at the gift shop on the ship, and I wanted one of our big pics.So when I went to Wal-mart to reduce it they asked for a release, and no problem-o.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter