Christmas party and dining

Sue1016

Mouseketeer
asked a few weeks ago if I should
Do 510 or 620 at Liberty tree tavern for Christmas party

All had agreed 510 so I got that

Now I'm 2nd guessing. Should I do table service or for a qs? Thinking Columbia harbor house. How crazy busy are they during parties?

We are eatting breakfast at ohana at 950am that morning

Thoughts. Help guide me thru my 1st Xmas party

Now I'm 2nd guessing. Should I do table service or for a qs? Thinking Columbia harbor house. How crazy busy are they during parties?

Personally, I would do the QS instead of the TS, but I would still do it around 5:30/6:00, so I could be finished in time for the party.

I would not do a QS. We thought about doing that a few years back and got there around 5:30 or 6 and the only QS restaurant that was open Pecos Bill. Most of the QS are used for cookies and hot cocoa. Learn from our mistake and don't cancel your TS meal.

I would not do a QS. We thought about doing that a few years back and got there around 5:30 or 6 and the only QS restaurant that was open Pecos Bill. Most of the QS are used for cookies and hot cocoa. Learn from our mistake and don't cancel your TS meal.

Here's a list of all the places open during the party, so they will also be open before the party:

Casey’s Corner
  • Main Street Bakery
  • Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
  • Crystal Palace
  • Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn – until 11:00 p.m.
  • Westward Ho
  • Liberty Square Market – until 9:00 p.m.
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Pinocchio Village Haus – until 10:00 p.m.
  • Be Our Guest Restaurant
  • Gaston’s Tavern
  • Storybook Treats
  • Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
  • Cool Ship – until 11:00 p.m.
  • Columbia Harbor House – until 8:00 p.m.

I would cancel the TS. We went to the first MNSSHP this year and did a walk up at Skippers at 6 pm (right when they closed). I can't guarantee you could do a TS walk-up, but we would have been perfectly fine to have been turned away and simply got QS. I guess my point is, I would keep your schedule loose that day. The QS were not crazy busy as I recall and you can always do mobile ordering on your phone for the QS in the parks which really cuts down on wait time. We did mobile ordering at Cosmic Ray's and completely bypassed the ordering line. It was simple and quick.

Went 2 years ago and we did Columbia Harbor at about 6. Got in little after 5, took some pics, rode a few rides, grabbed dinner then started the party. But we are not fans of any table service MK places. Maybe Skipper Canteen will change that.

EDIT: Sorry, that was for Halloween. For Christmas we ate a few snacks and grabbed hot dogs at Casey's right when they lit up the castle. Still feel the same, do not like the TS at MK.

Not sure if it'll happen again this year, but in 2016 there were free snack stations all over the park - we had hot apple cider, egg nog, hot chocolate and each spot had a treat to go with it, mostly cookies and some gluten free treats. We had to go to each one (obviously!:cool2:) and we hit a few a second time. I've never eaten at LTT, but from what I hear it's a very filling meal. Actually, we also have a LTT pre-party reservation this year! And i too am contemplating dropping it, only because I know the amount of snacking we will be doing! But, on the other hand, we did Skipper's Canteen pre-party in 2016, with a 6pm reservation, and it was kinda fun to enter the restaurant and then emerge at the party! From what I remember, at 5:10/5:30pm the park isn't crazy packed. you could easily get some QS I think if you wanted to. But, it is nice to have a sit down meal right before the party too! And TS food, for me at least, is much nicer than QS options. And I think there's some nice decorations in LTT that will get you in the mood for the party. I would do Ohana, snack for lunch, do the LTT and then just eat whatever snacks you want at night. If you're out of LTT at 6:15-6:30, that's about 5 1/2 hours more to work up an appetite for Christmas treats! :thumbsup2

I think it depends on your expectations for the Party. My family does not line up early for character interactions, and we are not worried about wasting park time when we arrive, so a meal at 5:10 would be okay with us. I woudl not book later than that, 5 is generally my cutoff.

I suggest you think about what you want from the party, and if you need teh time between park entry and the start of the party for attractions, or if you want to get in a rare character M&G line. Personally, I think that you seem a little conflicted about using park time to dine, so I would suggest you consider a late lunch outside the park. Have your big meal before you even get to the park, and then as you get hiungry you can get snacks throughout the evening.

I do nto think it is fun to dine if you are looking at the clock, and truthfully, you have little to no control over the timeing of a meal in a busy restaurant, especially on a party night. Folks book at the end of their day in the park, or before they begin the party so those restaurants are generally fully booked, and can run behind.
If you think that you will be nervous if you run late for dinner, I suggest you consider making a change. If you are fine with starting the Party around 7 and will not resent any lost time, keep your ADR. I think that LTT is a fun way to start the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter