Christmas Parade

origin62

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this has already been discussed.

We learned today that this year, for the first time, the Christmas parade will be performed ONLY during the hard-ticketed MVMCP. This means that anyone arriving at WDW after 12/19 will see the regular, 3:00 parade shown year-round.

In the past, the Christmas parade ran in place of the normal 3:00 parade during the weeks before and after Christmas.

Maybe everyone already knew about this and I missed the memo, but we were sad to learn that WDW has made this decision.

I apologize if this has already been discussed.

We learned today that this year, for the first time, the Christmas parade will be performed ONLY during the hard-ticketed MVMCP. This means that anyone arriving at WDW after 12/19 will see the regular, 3:00 parade shown year-round.

In the past, the Christmas parade ran in place of the normal 3:00 parade during the weeks before and after Christmas.

Maybe everyone already knew about this and I missed the memo, but we were sad to learn that WDW has made this decision.

Where did you hear this?

Are you sure? If true, this will send small shockwaves through the DISboards community and Disney fans in general.

I agree with PP's. When I started reading here last year just before I left myself, I read that it started after the last party. Just like all the other years before. I also know this to be true for the stage show because the stage show on Dec. 18th (the date of the last show last year) was still the one about Donald not believing in dreams. On the 19th, it was the Christmas Nutcracker show.

A Cast Member told us. We then called WDW Guest information, and she confirmed that the 12/18 MVMCP was the last scheduled performance of the Christmas parade. Then it reverts back to Celebrate a Dream Come True. Hoping she was mistaken.

A Cast Member told us. We then called WDW Guest information, and she confirmed that the 12/18 MVMCP was the last scheduled performance of the Christmas parade. Then it reverts back to Celebrate a Dream Come True. Hoping she was mistaken.

I think the people you get when you "call" are often misinformed...so are some of the cast members. I'd like to see something more official that says this.

Ah. Probably a false alarm then.

I think the people you get when you "call" are often misinformed...so are some of the cast members. I'd like to see something more official that says this.

I hope so. The CM worked in Entertainment though, and the lady at Guest Information (407-824-2222) backed her up. Fingers crossed that they were both wrong!

My guess is that the official schedule hasn't been updated yet. They usually make changes to the December schedule in late November, and will likely update the calendar to show the Christmas parades at that time. Often times cast members are only looking at the calendar they see in front of them, and while many are very knowledgeable, on the whole I've noticed that people here are actually more knowledgeable than lots of CMs! This is just a guess, but I haven't seen anything to explain why they wouldn't run the Christmas parade during Christmas week like they've always done.

My guess is that the official schedule hasn't been updated yet.
That's possible, but info on the internal web site is usually more accurate than the public web site.

Holiday Wishes is also not on the internal schedule for Christmas week.
This is just a guess, but I haven't seen anything to explain why they wouldn't run the Christmas parade during Christmas week like they've always done.
Possibilities (just blue-skying):

• The regular parade is probably much cheaper to produce
  • They could say in truth that the parade is exclusive to MVMCP, thinking that might sell more tickets
If this is true, it's beginning to look a lot less like Christmas! First Country Bears, then Lights of Winter, then Mickey's Night Before Christmas, the late-arriving Christmas tree, and now this.

I don't think schedule has been updated...we have gone the last 2 years the week before christmas...every year the parks open at 8:00...the schedule is still showing 9:00 which leads me to believe they have not chnaged the scheduled yet for the week leading up to Christmas

I'm guessing they're going by the official calendar which has not been updated.

I have do doubt they are capable of a move like that these days, but it honestly wouldn't sell that many more party tickets. The only people who could change what they were doing and decide to do a party are those there in the days overlapping the last party. And those last parties sell out anyway.

Well, we are going the week between Xmas and NY and the Christmas parade is one of the things I am most looking forward to!! I can't believe they would be that stupid and not show a holiday parade DURING the holidays. I have to believe this was just a misinformed CM.

I find it difficult to believe they won't perform the Christmas parade at least on Christmas Day. There will be riots if they don't have a Christmas parade on Christmas Day.

(Not really riots, but based on the guests that "stormed" City Hall in 2004 when the Christmas Day parade was cancelled due to rain.)

Does anyone know when they usually update the calendar? This is really bothering me, especially now that MVMCP on the 18th is sold out.

I had a friend call yesterday about this. The CM would NOT confirm that there will be a holiday parade after the last MVMCP, however, the CM did say that historically the parade is shown. So, not a definite NO, but not a definite YES either. :confused3

The current "official" December park hours haven't been updated since Oct 17; I hoping they will be fixed soon and will include the Holiday versions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter