Christmas parade

Camno's Mama

DIS Veteran
I have "heard" the Christmas parade mentioned on the boards, and am wondering exactly what it is? Is it at Magic Kingdom? Is it every day during December? It sounds like people really like it, and we're going from 12/6-12/11, so I'm guessing it must start prior to that. Any information would be great.

Also, does anyone know if they do anything for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at the Playhouse Disney thing at MGM?

Thanks in advance,
Courtney

THE Christmas Parade- the one that is shown on TV on Christmas Day with Kelly and Regis is filmed a Magic Kingdom the first weekend of Dec - this year I believe it is the 1st - 3rd.

There is also a special parade that is held on the nights of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - I am not sure when or if this parade is showed in place of the regular 3pm parade.

In addition - MGM and Animal Kingdom have special Holiday parades during December.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Jingle-Jungle.htm
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/MGM_Holly-Day-Parade/index.htm

Oh you do NOT want to miss the WDW Christmas parade. :thumbsup2 We always go to WDW in early Dec too to avoid crowds, but in the past, I believe we have only seen it during MVMCP, a special ticket you buy for admission to an evening party at Magic Kingdom, see what dates the MVMCP(Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party) are during your visit, I have not checked to see if there is a MVMCP thread yet, but it is several nites a week in the beginning of Dec. During the Christmas "break" the party stops and all guests can see it . Do not forget to tape it or see it Christmas am (ABC). It is taped the beginning of Dec, maybe someone can tell us if they know, That day it will be taped during the day and MK may be busy...... Who out there knows????? :rolleyes: :bounce:

We went last December and saw the Christmas parade it was great- it snows on Main St! :love: We saw it during MVMCP, but we did see it again on a regular night- its a must see for sure!!

Camno's Mama said:
I have "heard" the Christmas parade mentioned on the boards, and am wondering exactly what it is? Is it at Magic Kingdom? Is it every day during December? It sounds like people really like it, and we're going from 12/6-12/11, so I'm guessing it must start prior to that. Any information would be great.
Hi Courtney, :wave2:

Makinorlando is right THE FILMed Christmas Parade is usually filmed during the day the first weekend in December. There are many celebrities present including Regis & Kelly who are the hosts. This jams Main Street to the max! But the rest of MK usually isn't any busier than a regular weekend. Lot's of people like to go because they show the crowd and your little darlings can be on TV on Christmas (which is when it is televised).

The regular Christmas parade (everything except the TV cameras and the celebrities) at Mk is amazing. It is my very favorite Disney parade! Who can resist (to name just a few) dancing candy canes, marching Toy Soldiers, floating Gingerbread houses and Princesses dressed in their winter finery! This parade is held during MVMCP throughout December and after the last MVMCP on Dec. 22, the Christmas parade replaces some of the regular parades. The year we were there Christmas week I know it replaced both showings of Spectro-magic, but I'm not sure about the 3PM parade either.

Irregardless, while you are there early in Dec you would probably have to attend MVMCP to see it. (It's probable although not absolute that the filming would have been done Dec1 &2).

MVMCP is a separate ticket event, but it is so wonderful! Besides the parade there is "Christmas Wishes" (special Christmas fireworks) and lots of special entertainment. You can read more about it by popping MVMCP into thread search.

We went last year at about the same time you are going! It was wonderful! It did get chilly a couple of days so throw in some hats & gloves (or plan to by a Minnie Santa hat like I did). We did MVMCP twice while we were there. We loved it!

It sounds awesome. The kids will love it. So, can you go on a separate day...if we are going to MK on Saturday, can we just get admission to see the Christmas parade on a Thursday or something?

You will have to see when the parties are sacheduled. This is mu favorite parade. For example in the regular parade the green army men march together in the x-mas parade it is the wooden solders, the smell of gingerbread cookie being made etc. and of course it is finished with santa high up in the sleigh.

Party nites: December 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22) go to the top of the boards click events and you can read all about the party. Unfortunately this is the only way to really see the parade except for a couple days before christmas. It is not fun to watch during the day. There are soooo many effects and lights you dont get to see!!!

Camno's Mama said:
It sounds awesome. The kids will love it. So, can you go on a separate day...if we are going to MK on Saturday, can we just get admission to see the Christmas parade on a Thursday or something?
You'll have to purchase a separate ticket for MVMCP. It's a "hard ticket" event, meaning that you have to pay for a ticket to attend the party even if you were in the Magic Kingdom already that day. However, even though the party doesn't "officially" start until 7pm they will let party-goers in starting at 4pm, so many people take the earlier part of the day off from touring and just go to the party, so they don't have to use a day's ticket.

It's a wonderful event -- I wouldn't miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter