• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

christmas parade taping???

December 8-9. No celebs yet. Plenty of rumors about Frozen actors showing up but nothing definite.

What does this do for crowds? I have 12/8 penciled in for an MK day. I care little about the parade.

Big crowds on Main Street. None anywhere else until they finish. Then everyone who was watching goes to the attractions.

if it rains, they may change the dates.

Celebs are only twitter leaked, usually by the celebs themselves most likely with Disney's blessing, a few days before.

I am scheduled for Walt's Marceline to Main St tour for the 8th. I called the tours booking department to see if it was cancelled for the day due to parade taping. I was told the tour was still on and that "some elements of the parade" would be taped that day. Hopefully this indicates less prolonged disruption on Main St than we might have thought. Oh, well will wear the Christmas hat and drape some lights on the ECV and see what happens

Josh from EasyWDW posted a parade taping schedule last week:

Friday December 5:
ABC Christmas Parade taping no longer scheduled. Festival of Fantasy Parade moved to 3pm from 5pm.

Saturday December 6:
Hollywood Studios hours extended to 9am-9pm from 9am-8pm.
Major ABC Christmas Parade taping no longer scheduled, though musical act taping is expected. Magic Kingdom hours extended to 8am-1am from 9am-12am.

Sunday December 7:
ABC Christmas Parade musical act filming expected. Festival of Fantasy Parade moved to 5pm from 3pm.

Monday December 8:
Major ABC Christmas Parade taping scheduled. Festival of Fantasy Parade moved to 5pm from 3pm.

Tuesday December 9:
ABC Christmas Parade taping scheduled. Festival of Fantasy Parade moved to 5pm from 3pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter