• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Parade Taping Sign Up Page...

I also have another question. Once you are in are you required to stay in the same place the entire time? My son will need to go back to the hotel to take a nap. I realize my 'spot' would be gone, which I really wouldn't care about.

the terms specifically state you can leave but your space is not guaranteed upon return

I hope this doesn't mess my trip up - we've had a girls only week-end planned since April & we're only going to the MK on 12/6 as this was the only day we could all get off to go. We're planning on checking into our hotel really early & hopping the bus to be at the MK by rope drop. None of us are interested in being a part of the parade (been there done that - a long, long time ago), we just want to enjoy everything else while the parade is being filmed. I've already purchased our MK tickets so I hope we can still get in. :confused3

I hope this doesn't mess my trip up - we've had a girls only week-end planned since April & we're only going to the MK on 12/6 as this was the only day we could all get off to go. We're planning on checking into our hotel really early & hopping the bus to be at the MK by rope drop. None of us are interested in being a part of the parade (been there done that - a long, long time ago), we just want to enjoy everything else while the parade is being filmed. I've already purchased our MK tickets so I hope we can still get in. :confused3

Based on posts from past years, it looks like the rest of the park is not that busy. It may in fact work out better for you than the average Saturday crowds. Just jump on the train when you walk in and bypass all of that craziness.

Wish I had found this when it was first posted because we would love to have gotten tickets for the second session on the 6th. Oh well. Hope those of you who are there have a GREAT time!

Seem like the parade day is all filled, but I was able to get 6 for 12pm on the 5th. My DD wants to see the performers more anyhow, so hopefully it will work out.

Glad that I looked here tonight -- got 3 tickets for the Dec. 5th noon taping.
Looking forward to it!!!!

if anyone finds out anything about either date, let us know! I've been looking all over about anything more, but nothing yet except outdated articles that appear inaccurate.

Ok, the more I think about this, the more I wonder what the tickets will get us since we already have APs....so we already get into the park free and parking free as well. I have 12/6 at 7am, so I'm guessing it will also get us into the park extra early.....but the 11am on 12/6 and the 12/5 times are both AFTER the park opens, so will they not be allowing anyone without a ticcket to stand around and watch those events?

I guess some of my confusion comes from the fact that there was that Orlando newspaper article that said the parade wasn't doing tickets this year and to just show up.......yes, I realize that newspapers get the story wrong more often than not, but if that's the case, I see a royal headache for Disney as people who only read the newspaper and not DIS or the Disney website show up and are turned away because they don't have this piece of paper....eek!

We got tickets for 12/6, but not 12/5 which might also be interesting to my kids, so I guess we'll just show up on the 5th and take our chances....worst case it doesn't work and we head over to a different park since we have APs....best case, the kids get to see some of the entertainment on Friday and sit for the parade on Saturday. They are so funny, and so "teen age girl"....they're already planning their wardrobe for "when we're on TV". I keep reminding them that they may only make the cutting room floor, but they don't seem to hear me, lol......I hope they aren't thinking this could be their big break or something, :rotfl2:. Oh heavens, I'm so thankful I'm not a teenage girl anymore....but heaven help me as I relive that chaos through them!

So anyone know WHO will be in the 12/5 entertainment portion?

Oh, and if by chance someone got 12/5 tickets they don't want or need, I'd love to take them off your hands, lol.

In years past once the park opens guests are welcome to stand and watch the taping. They make announcements on Main St. telling those walking by they are welcome to stand and participate.

hello does anyone have any extras to the taping on the 6th?

I would love to have two if you do.

We maybe able to trade for the 5th @ 12:00

Thanks in advance

Okay, I'm confused. If I am down there on vacation and have a park hopper, will I be able to enter the Magic Kingdom on the evening of the 6th, without one of these special tickets?

Okay, I'm confused. If I am down there on vacation and have a park hopper, will I be able to enter the Magic Kingdom on the evening of the 6th, without one of these special tickets?

your park hopper will get you into the par, no problem. The tickets that were distributed are for the people that want to be there during the taping itself, usually the big stars film their bit early before general guests arrive, once the MK is open at 9am anyone can stanby and watch the rest of the taping.
Last year we got the tickets for the 11am slot and we got there around 10am and got to see the taping of the Lion King performance and Menudo, the Jonas Brothers taped early. This year we got the 7am slot so we'll be there bright and early.
The park was very busy, you are allowed to stay at the MK the only thing is that you don't have a ticket to get FP's.

your park hopper will get you into the par, no problem. The tickets that were distributed are for the people that want to be there during the taping itself, usually the big stars film their bit early before general guests arrive, once the MK is open at 9am anyone can stanby and watch the rest of the taping.
Last year we got the tickets for the 11am slot and we got there around 10am and got to see the taping of the Lion King performance and Menudo, the Jonas Brothers taped early. This year we got the 7am slot so we'll be there bright and early.
The park was very busy, you are allowed to stay at the MK the only thing is that you don't have a ticket to get FP's.

Okay thanks! I was worried I couldn't get into the park at all that day. I would have been cranky!

Do you think the park and lines will still be super crowded in the evening on the 6th?

Are there still tickets available for the taping on the 5th?! I am unable to find anything. When I follow the link on page 1, it takes you to the 6th and says they are all sold out. :(

from my experience last year the park was crazy the whole day, like I said, people get into the MK for free when they sign up so they make the most of it, also being a night with spectro magic and fireworks and a satturday is usually busy.
The tickets are all gone, but if you want to go for friday you can find a space where you're not in any ones way and see part of the performances.
The whole process is slow, specially for the parade taping as they tape from different angles, so the people that sign up might get tired after 10am and go into the park, that's what makes it crowded.

I have up to 6 Friday noon tickets I would LOVE to trade for Saturday 7 am if poss or 11 as second choice....

Just noticed the following information on the site about what is happening on each day:

December 5: Watch your favorite Disney Characters and celebrity guest stars perform on Town Square Stage.

Please note: All elements will take place on Town Square Stage and there will be no parade float elements taped today.

December 6: Watch your favorite Disney Characters and Guest Stars perform on Main Street USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter