Christmas Parade Info

Our first day is in MK on the 2nd. We arrive on the 1st but won't go to park. Let's hope it's not a rain day because we ran into that before and it really disrupted our schedule and also stages and lighting were in the way of normal viewing spots of the castle, etc. Not good. Also the garland on Main St and Tree are removed for the taping and it loses it's Christmas feel. This year we noticed they installed the garland on Main Street from the building rooftops so they may not need to remove it. We'll see. The tree is usually back up by Monday, that's if no rain delay.

Two years ago, we unknowingly walked into Magic Kingdom and ran smack into a throng of people waiting for the taping to begin. We had no idea what was going on until we talked to some other people that were just waiting around.

The lines weren't too bad, since everyone was watching the performances, but it was almost impossible to make it through Main Street so we could leave for lunch. Taking the train may have been a better option, but we didn't think about it at the time.

This year, we'll be there again, and I think we are going to avoid MK on those days.

I did want to add that, although it was crowded, it was also a really neat event to be a part of. We actually felt a bit out of place, since pretty everyone but us had come to the park dressed with Christmas gear. There was definitely a lot of excitement in the air, and I'm glad we got to be a part of it.

Now, having done it one time accidentally, would I recommend it? Sure. It's a great thing to take part in, and it's very unique since it only happens once a year.

Would I want to do it again? No. This year, we'll visit a different park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter