• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Parade filming dates Magic Kingdom

vleeth

I heart Disney
A CM told someone in my group that they weren't booking tours for MK Dec 3rd-6th because of the Christmas Parade filming.

Does anyone have more info?

Will they really film 4 days or just 2 (with the 5th & 6th as backup days?)

A CM told someone in my group that they weren't booking tours for MK Dec 3rd-6th because of the Christmas Parade filming.

Does anyone have more info?

Will they really film 4 days or just 2 (with the 5th & 6th as backup days?)

It can vary.
Weather is the largest unknown factor in needing (or not) the extra day(s.)
They can also need to make certain allowances in the schedules of guest stars.

Last year they shifted dates at the last minute. It ended up being Monday & Tuesday I think. The actual parade filming is one day but then there are the spots they do in front of the castle and in other areas.

I've been there at that time, it's really not a big deal. It's not as great as it sounds, the parade doesn't march down Main Street and it's over in a few minutes. It's an all day taping. They film it various ways, one float at a time, and then they will do a couple runs of it in normal time. They also film the hosts. The last time I saw it in 2009, we were sitting on the porch at Tonys while Kelly Ripa was filming the closing with the Dalmatian dogs.

The 3rd-6th is Thursday to Sunday. Are these the actual dates, or has that not been released?

It's still a little bit too early to know.

I was hoping to know before I have to book fp+.

At any rate, if we do end up there on filming day; it's it quicker to go through the stores on main street or take the train to BTMR? (At rope drop.)

I was hoping to know before I have to book fp+.

At any rate, if we do end up there on filming day; it's it quicker to go through the stores on main street or take the train to BTMR? (At rope drop.)

I'd grab the train to the Splash/BTMR area.

MK-Gate-to-Splash_111208.jpg

We're planning a MK day for Thursday the 3rd in hopes of a stage performance before flying home on Friday. A few years ago we saw Colbie Calliet perform on either that Thursday or Friday after Thanksgiving.

I'd be surprised if they tape on the 6th. It's a MVMCP day and with the shortened park hours seems like bad idea. Have they done a taping on a party day before?

I'd be surprised if they tape on the 6th. It's a MVMCP day and with the shortened park hours seems like bad idea. Have they done a taping on a party day before?

Assuming these dates are correct, the 6th would be a back up day in case of rain. I'm sure they would be done well before the party if they have to film that day.

Assuming these dates are correct, the 6th would be a back up day in case of rain. I'm sure they would be done well before the party if they have to film that day.

LOL...that's our MK day (not attending party) so I ope they don't tape then!

Would you do this if they aren't filming the parade?

Sure.
But, we don't head to Splash/BTM first-thing (not necessary) so I don't use the train for that at Rope Drop.
There are other attractions that are a better use of the time right after Rope Drop.

Kenny the Pirate has the MK parade taping dates as 12/8 & 9. Who knows at this point.

Please not the 6th. We're planning to be in MK that day and have BOG ressies for dinner.

Ugh, the 3rd is supposed to be our MK day :( Does anyone know how early in the day they start setting up? I have a pre-opening ADR at BOG and was really hoping to get some pictures in the front of the castle before our ADR. Would that still be possible? And will they still have Photopass photographers out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter