• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas ornaments

MumTo2Princesses

Mouseketeer
As I do on every vacation I will be looking for unique Christmas ornaments while at Disney. I am sure there will be a lot to choose from but would love to hear about your favorite ornament purchase. ALso, do many shops sell ornaments? (I will check out the Christmas store, of course)

We purchased the mini mickey ornaments that are different colors. I believe there are 12 of them and they cost 25.00. You have the Christmas store at DTD, I would also check the Christmas shop at the MK (in Liberty Square) and also the different countries in Epcot.

I also collect ornaments from each trip - usually the first night we go to DTD and pick out our ornaments, and have them personalized. It depends on the time of year and how busy they are, either they'll be finished in a couple of days and send them to your resort, or they will have to be mailed home to you. I've also purchased ornaments in the christmas store in MK and they can usually personalize the same day. I've noticed that there are also displays in the resort gift shops. The shops usually carry all of the same items, except for maybe epcot. I hope there are some new ornaments this year!!

My husband and I went there last year for our honeymoon and we bought one of Donald and Daisy kissing under mistletoe. I love it and can't wait to put it on the tree this year, Donald and Daisy are our favorite Disney couple so hopefully we'll find another one this year.

I haven't been to the world since my honeymoon in '94 , but we bought several when we were there. My favorite was from the Christmas shop in MK. It's a teardrop shaped clear blown glass ornament with glass colored flowers all over it . And to think 2 kids later , it's not broken :cool1: We also have a wooden Mickey/Minnie hugging , with bells on the bottom. We'll be heading down to WDW to get away from all the snow on Dec 11th-21st. I will make sure to look out for some cool ones. Elisa :wave2:

i ordered the mickey head/ears ornament from the disney catalog just incase i dont find one (which i doubt will happen!!) there.

it is red and dated with 2005 in gold. it is beautiful and it is BIG> bigger than i imagined. wow! but it is really pretty. $12.95.

We bought the ornaments that are the princess dresses (Snow White, Belle, Aroura and Cinderella, plus Tinkerbelle) on hangers. They're as cute as can be (and not breakable.)

Our favorite WDW ornament is a huge glass ornament of Cinderella's castle that we bought from the Christmas shop in the Marketplace. It takes a very stout branch to hold this ornament, which is around 10" tall. It was very expensive, but worth it.

MumTo2Princesses said:
As I do on every vacation I will be looking for unique Christmas ornaments while at Disney. I am sure there will be a lot to choose from but would love to hear about your favorite ornament purchase. ALso, do many shops sell ornaments? (I will check out the Christmas store, of course)
Our favorite place to shop for Christmas ornaments is Germany in Epcot. We've started quite a collection for my DS who is now 8. Every time we're there we purchase one or two ornaments for him -- which he can take with him when he turns 40!! LOL They have blown glass ornaments (the pickle-with its story-is one of our favorites), beautiful birds with feather tails, and lots of traditional santas, nutcrackers, etc. Have fun shopping!! ::MinnieMo

oh my--i had better start saving!!!!!!!!!!! cinderella's castle? multicolored mickeys? princess dresses?? wow, i am going to need an extra suitcase.

anyone have experience shipping home items bought on-site? :earseek:

rondaK said:
Our favorite place to shop for Christmas ornaments is Germany in Epcot. We've started quite a collection for my DS who is now 8. Every time we're there we purchase one or two ornaments for him -- which he can take with him when he turns 40!! LOL They have blown glass ornaments (the pickle-with its story-is one of our favorites), beautiful birds with feather tails, and lots of traditional santas, nutcrackers, etc. Have fun shopping!! ::MinnieMo

Yes, the German pavilion has great ornaments. I was going to suggest that too. Including the Christmas Pickle!

Our favorite is the bulb (which we had personalized - looks so pretty!!) with a ceramic Cinderella's castle on top. We actually keep it out all year long because it's so nice!! :)

We always buy ornaments on vacations to remember special times, and we have lots from WDW.

This year, we were on a 'hidden Mickey' kick. We ended up buying small glass Mickey-heads in shiny/matte gold, copper and silver (six altogether). We decided we're going to make them our own Hidden Mickey's...my husband and I will hang them on the tree after the kids go to bed, and they'll have to find them on the tree for a special treat!

We were there in between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. The DTD store had great selections, however we did find a lot of choices in the shops at the parks at that time of year.

Our favorites tend to be Mickey heads in festive holiday colors/styles!

I love Christmas, and will be picking out a few more ornaments in 19 days!!

The Christmas store in DTD will have the most complete collection, but check out the shops in the parks and resorts, too. Sometimes they'll have something you won't see elsewhere. I've been collecting them for over 20 years and they usually add something new each year. One of my favorites is a small frame ornament in the shape of Cinderella's Castle -- I inserted a photo of us while on our vacation.

Every year, I buy the park ornament that has the year on it. These are flat porcelain with a ruffled porcelain edge.

I also buy an ornament from our resort. They have beautiful gold ornaments with the resorts etched on them in black. You can find them at some of the resort gift shops, or the Christmas place at DTD has plenty of resort ornaments. Since I already had one of the gold ones for AKL, I bought the funkier AKL ornament this trip. Love it!

I also bought a small stuffed mickey and minnie on our first trip, and I love putting those on the tree!

We always get one from the resort we stay at, and one with the year on it. This year we went twice, and got a castle dated 2005 and a happiest celebration on earth 2005 one also.

Ok so I see I'm really bad. Last time we went to Disney I brought home 18 Christmas ornaments. Our tree is all Disney.

My favorite has to be the one I got last time that is a blue ball with Mickey and Minnie on it with one of them holding a mickey balloon and it says Walt Disney World. I had it personalized to say "Mommy & Arianna" Vacation 2003. It goes front and center on our tree every year. I can't wait to see what they have this year. We leave Friday morning so I don't have to wait for long. I'll just have to try my hardest not to bring so many home this time.

:cheer2: 3 1/2 days and counting

MumTo2Princesses said:
oh my--i had better start saving!!!!!!!!!!! cinderella's castle? multicolored mickeys? princess dresses?? wow, i am going to need an extra suitcase.

anyone have experience shipping home items bought on-site? :earseek:

I've shipped ornaments home, and I believe it depends on the total cost of the items. I think I spent $50 or so and the shipping was I think $10.00. The package arrived a week or so after I came home. It is packaged very carefully, and if it breaks I think they will replace it for you. I've bought alot of ornaments and brought them home with me. I just pack them good and put them in my carry on. I never broke any of the ornaments I've brought home.

There used to be a Christmas shop in MGM, across from Muppet 3-D. I haven't checked in a few years, so I don't know if it's still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter