Christmas on the ships

From what I have read the ship, terminal and CC is decorated for christmas along with carols etc.. I would suspect it is close to what they do at WDW or DL for christmas.

In addition I also remember reading that on christmas day Santa will be in the lobby for the kids, both young and the young at heart kids!! There is also special menu for christmas.

We will experience it first hand this christmas!!

We travelled Xmas 2003 (and are going again This Xmas).

I was worried what it would be like being away from home for xmas, but instead I learned what it was like to be with 3,000 people on Xmas morning.

Xmas morning the ship was unusually quiet, until about 8am (Obviously, people were doing Xmas in their cabins).

Then, the cabin doors and out came the cutest princesses, buzz light years, peter pans you can imagine, along with their moms and dads.

The Best Santa you ever saw waited in the lobby, accompanied by lots of Disney helpers.

Santa gave a gift to every boy or girl (Big or small) you ever saw.

The whole day the ship had an amazing feel to it.

Lots of things going on, all day.

The best part was watching the crew exchange gifts among themselves, since they are "family" on the ship.

One thing we did that afternoon, was to re-book our next cruise! Gotta give a gift to yourself.

Hope this helps.

Jim

jgalecpa: See you on the cruise!!!

Din,

It will be a great time.

See you there!

Jim

We are sailing 11/25/2006, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Will the ship be decorated for Christmas byt hen?

Didn't recognize your names for the Magic 7 day 12/24...
come join us on the meets board!
Kristin

Anybody know if it's easy to rent a car in St. Maarten? Daughter and I were on the Eastern cruise before and I want to see different things this time and don't necessarily want to do a cruise excursion. Any thoughts about car rental would be greatly appreciated.

Also...any other teens (mine's 15) going? She would love to hear from them!)

:earsgirl:

Hi snoopy,
We are also on the same cruise as you and I was wondering the same thing. Do you have any children. I have three and they are 9,7 and 5.

Hope to talk to you soon.

I have *only* a teen-ager. Like that's not enough!!!! :rolleyes1
We are flying down from Philly on Thursday evening on Southwest, staying at the Hyatt at the airport that evening, taking the Disney Cruise bus to the terminal and then staying at the All-Star Pops resort from Saturday after the cruise through Monday.

Cindalu, (and Snoopy mom) - we are on the same cruise (first timers also). Our DS will be 9 and DD will be 6 (two weeks shy of 7). Do you have boys or girls? Our kids are looking forward to the clubs - maybe they'll meet there.

Hi boo,
We have 3 girls. They are 9,7,5.
We should find a place to meet.

Where are you from.

I live in Lansdale PA

Cindalu - just reread the post and realized that you're travelling the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2006 - we're that Saturday but 2005. Oh well! Happy planning!

We cruised aboard Magic during Christmas 2004.

As a practical matter, Christmas is invariably scheduled as an At Sea day.

Major decorations included a tall, decorated tree in Deck 3 Atrium and a large Gingerbread House adjoining a staircase back by the dining rooms. The latter is a popular background for formal portraits.

Perhaps because many Christians prefer to visit with family at Christmas, the passenger ratio that week was disproportionately non-Christian. In response to holiday greetings, many children aboard uttered an offish response: "We don't celebrate Christmas." However, everyone lined up for well over an hour on Christmas morning to get a gift (stuffed Disney figure) from Santa & Mickey in the Atrium. (Wait 'till the crowd thins out by noon, you won't get shut out.)

Disney remains our favorite cruise line, but it's difficult to stomach their premium rates during holiday weeks. Then again, we just booked for Easter week 2006.....

Din:

I see you hail from No. Ca. We're in San Jose and joining you on the Xmas Cruise. Would love to have you check out our thread .... Christmas Cruising 2005.

We are Nan(41) Paul (41) DD(8) & DS(5)

Can't wait until Xmas it seems like it's just a few weeks away now....

Does anyone have pictures of the ships decorated for the holidays? I am sure many of us will love :lovestruc to see them!

Thanks!

Mickey&Co

*BUMP*

I just wanted to give this thread a little bump! I would like to see some holiday pictures!

Mickey&Co

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter