Christmas-New Years Week...Tips?

We are going for our first Disney trip around the same time! We are going Dec. 30 - Jan 5 as well so I am glad you asked this question! We are staying off-site though.

Do we need to make reservations for Rainforest Cafe?

yes, you absolutely will!

Thanks for all the great advice...I have another question...we will be staying onsite but will have a friends daughter with us that will only join us for some of the days So for those days we won't be able to use EMH cause she is staying offsite with her parents. Will it make that much of a difference if we can't go in for EMH? What time should we get there in those cases?

We stayed off-site year so obviously never got to do the EMH (and MK is EMH every day during that time). It wasn't a problem at all. The parks didn't get busy until lunchtime. I would avoid the parks that have EMHs (except MK) - those parks are usually less crowded anyway.

Regarding park-hoppers. Year one we bought them, year two we didn't. Turned out we never park-hopped even year the first year. We stick to a park a day - go to the most recommended park of the day. Most evenings we were so tired we didn't return. We did go back sometimes for fireworks/parades but not much. It was a big savings...

We are going for our first Disney trip around the same time! We are going Dec. 30 - Jan 5 as well so I am glad you asked this question! We are staying off-site though.

Do we need to make reservations for Rainforest Cafe?

Yes! Make reservations for everything!

I'd plan my days around when you can do AM EMH and when you can't. In other words, when your friend is with you, go to a non-emh park for rope drop; when she isn't, go to an EMH park.

But as a pp pointed out, you'll still get to see and do a lot as long as you there for normal opening.

We like to eat table service dinners (especially at Epcot) and not always in the same park we started in in the am. So for us Park Hoppers are a necessity. But they may not be for you!

And yes....try to book some meals asap!

:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter