Christmas/New Years Week Entertainment Schedule

If Disney has added the 12 p.m. Christmas Parade for that week to the schedule, which parade would you recommend going to?

I'm just back to the DIS. What is the HUB? We are planning a last minute trip Dec 18-27. We've never gone over Christmas day and the kiddos are nervous about missing Christmas morning at home. I think if we get some good pixie dust magic, they will be able to forgive us :-)

We've never gone over Christmas day and the kiddos are nervous about missing Christmas morning at home. I think if we get some good pixie dust magic, they will be able to forgive us :-)
We've gone over Xmas 4 of the last five years - and are again this year - and if your family includes early risers who are happy to be in the parks as close to rope drop as possible, you can have a long and magical day - and even if you're not early risers, there are threads around here on Disboards that give tips on how to have an amazing Xmas Day in the MK. We usually have done another park on Xmas Day - though we did MK 3 years ago on Xmas Day - so depending on your family specifics, you can do something magical in whatever park you choose. Good luck, hope you enjoy!

they did add it and I would go to that one. People associate 3 o'clock with parades so unless they have researched many won't know about the noon showing
With your experience, how soon would you find a spot to sit for the noon parade? I'm wanting to catch it throughout the week at 3 different locations (Main Street, Castle, Frontierland)? I realize this parade will be a premium since it would be shown for the regular day guests during this week instead of only at the Christmas party.

With your experience, how soon would you find a spot to sit for the noon parade? I'm wanting to catch it throughout the week at 3 different locations (Main Street, Castle, Frontierland)? I realize this parade will be a premium since it would be shown for the regular day guests during this week instead of only at the Christmas party.
On main street at least an hour before, the other places maybe 30 minutes prior

Does WDW do a specific Christmas Tree Lighting on Main Street like at Disneyland, or does it light up when the castle lights up? I know it's a tradition at Disneyland to light the Christmas tree on Main Street at a certain time, and it was one of my favorite traditions to see at Disneyland growing up.

Does WDW do a specific Christmas Tree Lighting on Main Street like at Disneyland, or does it light up when the castle lights up? I know it's a tradition at Disneyland to light the Christmas tree on Main Street at a certain time, and it was one of my favorite traditions to see at Disneyland growing up.
The lights are on all day

They just added performances of Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
Dec 23rd through the 29th
7:15PM
8:15PM
10:15PM
11:15PM

Dec 30th and 31st
6:50PM
9:00PM
10:00PM

Here's the updated schedule, that should be everything @AMusicLifeForMe

Starting Dec 23rd
*Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime at 12 noon and 3:30

*Holiday Wishes at 9pm
For the 30th and 31st Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm they have not added the NYE fireworks to the schedule

*A Frozen Holiday Wish at 6:15pm

*Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration

Dec 30th and 31st

*A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
3:40pm, 4:40pm, 6:30pm, 7:20pm, 8:30pm, 9:30pm
30th and 31st
3:40pm, 4:40pm, 5:40pm, 7:10pm, 8:10pm, 9:10pm

Here's the updated schedule, that should be everything @AMusicLifeForMe

Starting Dec 23rd

*Holiday Wishes at 9pm
For the 30th and 31st Holiday Wishes at 7:30pm they have not added the NYE fireworks to the schedule

Dec 30th and 31st

30th and 31st
3:40pm, 4:40pm, 5:40pm, 7:10pm, 8:10pm, 9:10pm

Thanks for everything! I have updated my schedule to catch the 12 p.m. parade, and the only thing I've been waiting for is the NYE fireworks. I just plan to stay in the same area after the first shows of Holiday Wishes and Illuminations on those days. My Dad and I will probably trade off saving spots for us depending on how crowded it is.

Phase 2 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from another park
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World Resort Transportation will be admitted.
  • Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets

Does this include the Platinum AP as well?!

Thanks for everything! I have updated my schedule to catch the 12 p.m. parade, and the only thing I've been waiting for is the NYE fireworks. I just plan to stay in the same area after the first shows of Holiday Wishes and Illuminations on those days. My Dad and I will probably trade off saving spots for us depending on how crowded it is.
Nye fireworks are posted on the site, not at home double check but it's papacy at 11:45
Ok but which of those things listed is the Castle Lighting? It doesn't say that. So I was unsure.
Thanks.
Frozen holiday wish is the castle lighting

Frozen holiday wish is the castle lighting

Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated. :love:

After Dec 31st... is the castle still light up each evening? by a show? or just turned on? and until when?
Is this information known yet? :o

Last edited:
current schedule for MK starting Dec 23rd is

*Holiday Wishes at 9pm

Dec 30th and 31st

Is the NYE fireworks on the 30th at MK usually at midnight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter