christmas lights and decor

Belle4mygrl

DIS Veteran
I am not sure where to put this since it deals with resorts and the park, so please forgive me.

How long after Christmas are the lights and decorations up? until New Year's day? a couple weeks later?

TIA:goodvibes

Since today is Jan 3, I'd bet most of the decorations will be coming down by tonight or tomorrow. In the past we were there for the marathon and the decorations usually came down while we were there. But I think they are speeding up the decoration removal now.

Anyway, it's bad luck to leave Christmas decorations up past Epiphany (Jan 6 - Three Kings Night). That's the start of Mardi Gras Season.

Ok that will give us plenty time to see them next year. We have visited WDW in Dec. the past 2 years and the crowds are too big for us. Next year we plan to be there on Jan 2. If we can see the Osbourne lights and MK's lights and decor that would be awesome.

If it is bad luck , then Kentucky has their fair share of it. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter