Christmas lights!

• White

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Colored

Votes: 32 45.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
I like colored, but I like solid strings, so like a string of red a string of blue, etc., not the mish-mash that some colored light strings are. That said, I don't decorate for Christmas.

Both. Our family tree, sci-fi/space trees and Princess trees are usually white. My other Disney trees are multi-color. And we have a purple & white tree for our college (University of Washington) and it gets purple lights.

Outside is cool white. But our roof strings are starting to show are age, so we are going to look for some blue and white sets.

I like multi-colored lights outside as well, but they have to be done well. Nothing worse, IMO, than a mix of LED and non-LED colored lights outside - it's a bad combination.

Either as long as they are NOT the led lights! I absolutely hate those!

I like the large, old fashioned bulbs - yellow or multi colored.

Both. One tree has clear lights with red and silver ornaments, and the other tree has multi color lights with all kinds of ornaments.

Warm white for me. I don't like multi-coloured and I don't like the pure white - they look blue to me.

I've been doing the vintage white bulbs for years. This year I'm changing the tree up and decided to use multi this year. Not only am I doing multi, I'm doing blinking! It's a huge deal in my house, lol.

I used to be the same way with only liking colored lights on the tree, but this year I'm really loving the clear light look on the tree!! It looks so pretty! I still like lots of colored lights outside, though.

Both.

My outside lights are multi-colored.
My inside lights are white.
My tree is multi-colored.

OP neglected to include the obligatory "Other" in the poll, so I suppose I'm not allowed to post these.

images
upload_2015-11-30_19-25-53.jpeg

upload_2015-11-30_19-26-48.jpeg

And of course this is definitely verboten:

We use white LED's for the bulk of the tree, and follow it with colored LED "sputnik" stars. They flash in lots of colors, including purple and turquoise. Our tree is all sentimental-ornaments going back to the 1930's and Epcot and of course, my Star Trek ornaments from Hallmark. This year we have the Haunted Mansion headstone ornaments. We don't have a formal "living room." Just the same old living room full of cats and photos and love. The tree looks cheerful and warm.

We have a live tree. I use white blinking and multi colored steady lights. So, for us, both!

I wanted to do that but DH and the kids looked me like I was crazy (come to think of it, they do that a lot! :joker:). The prelit one we bought on clearance a few years ago is white and I wanted to add color lights also, but was outvoted. That is our "family tree" so it has a mix of elegant and not so elegant-- everything we have acquired over the years. I also have garland in the family room so it has white lights on it. It does look more elegant than I really am!

But my Disney tree in the entryway is all colored lights and the garland out there has colored lights. I have lights and garland in the dining room and it is colored lights with bubble lights added on a shelf I decorate and M&M lights on the garland over the doors.

I wanted to do that but DH and the kids looked me like I was crazy (come to think of it, they do that a lot! :joker:). The prelit one we bought on clearance a few years ago is white and I wanted to add color lights also, but was outvoted. That is our "family tree" so it has a mix of elegant and not so elegant-- everything we have acquired over the years. I also have garland in the family room so it has white lights on it. It does look more elegant than I really am!

But my Disney tree in the entryway is all colored lights and the garland out there has colored lights. I have lights and garland in the dining room and it is colored lights with bubble lights added on a shelf I decorate and M&M lights on the garland over the doors.

I didn't ask & I put the lights on so I just go with it. We have all kinds of ornaments. An ornament my 5th grade teacher gave me, ornaments from family reunions, things DS made when he was a kid, ornaments from travel and of course, WDW! So our tree is, by no means 'elegant' but it is our story & I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter