Christmas In The World...Dec 18, 2015 - Jan 4, 2016

So after breakfast we headed out. I was having some pain in my right palm and my right upper ribs. We decided to head up to the front and rent a wheel chair for the day. I was mostly worried that as it got more crowded I would be bumped by other people and that would hurt like heck! Plus, I probably needed the little bit of rest it afforded me. There was no way I was spending the day in the room in bed so this was my best option.

On the way we walked through a closed Mexico.

IMG1191.jpg

IMG1192.jpg

And over the bridge where there were very large fish swimming. FOr some reason we all find fish in water fascinating????

IMG1193.jpg

IMG1194.jpg

IMG1195.jpg

And the crowds are rolling in...

IMG1196.jpg

IMG1198.jpg

IMG1199.jpg

And we stopped just after obtaining our wheels for the day, at Spaceship Earth.

IMG1200.jpg

It was still a walk on. We love this ride...and Cary now knows what's inside the giant golf ball.

We headed back along the right side, stopped at the bathroom and continued on.

IMG1201.jpg

IMG1203.jpg

IMG1204.jpg

We headed back to Universe of Energy and a show was going in...so we joined. Tyler loved this when he was little, then hated it after he became a chicken and then loved it again when he became reasonable. We still enjoy it. It may not be the most thrilling ride in The World but we love it and do it at least once a trip. Plus I didn't have to worry about being shaken around on it!

Then we headed back to Spaceship Earth to use our fast passes with the return time of 10:35am - 11:35am. Ya, we love that ride. Believe it or not, the history in it, while maybe not all entirely accurate, has helped the kids answer questions in trivia games and Scholastic Bowl. So yes, Disney is educational!

When we got off that we headed over to The Land.

IMG1214.jpg

IMG1215.jpg

We had 11:40am - 12:40pm fast passes for Soarin'!

IMG1205.jpg

IMG1206.jpg

The kids were so excited to show Cary this one! He was not disappointed. Now we cannot wait to see the new movie in July!

After that we had fast passes for Journey into Imagination at 12:50pm thru 1:50pm. We never saw the other version so we don't know what we're missing and always enjoy Figment.

IMG1211.jpg

IMG1212.jpg

IMG1213.jpg

IMG1216.jpg

IMG1217.jpg

IMG1218.jpg

IMG1220.jpg

IMG1221.jpg

IMG1222.jpg

IMG1224.jpg

IMG1225.jpg

IMG1226.jpg

IMG1227.jpg

At this point we headed back towards World Showcase. On the way we stopped at Club Cool for a sampling of the world's soft drinks. We tried to get Cary with the Beverly but he heard someone else talking about it...and actually HE DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THAT BAD!!!!

IMG1207.jpg

IMG1208.jpg

IMG1209.jpg

So after I drug the kids away from free pop, we continued on our way into a now open World Showcase.

IMG1210.jpg

Along the walk from the Imagination side they had set up multiple port-a-potties in the place where it is usually a rose garden or a playground. It was quite unsightly but I guess people need bathrooms and a lto of people need a lot of bathrooms...it just struck me as odd that Disney would decorat with bathrooms on a major walkway.

I've been reading your dining report and wondered why you having trouble with photos on Christmas morning. That fall must have hurt so bad :( I hope the wheelchair helped you rest at Epcot and you were okay the rest of your trip. And I hope you've got your new lens by now.

What an awful fall! Not magical! I blame the tile, 100%. If they know the tiles are a problem, why didn't they do something about them?

I hope you were still able to enjoy Christmas. The Norway pics with the other lens are great!

I just binge read your entire TR and I have to say it's making me really sad that we cancelled our Christmas trip.

For Star Tours, you were getting the same scene because with The Force Awakens opening they wanted to allow everyone the chance to see the new scene so it was stuck on that scene for I think a few months. In July it ll be back to the randomized scenes, so if you ride multiple times you'll be able to see different ones :) I'm just hoping I get to see the one from The Force Awakens when I'm there in August.

Also, I'm really sorry that you got hurt. That's terrible and really isn't something you want to happen any time, but especially not at Christmas. And I can't believe they still haven't replaced your lens yet, not cool.

We went to the Canada side this time.

IMG1228.jpg

IMG1229.jpg

IMG1231.jpg

IMG1232.jpg

IMG1236.jpg

Through France...

IMG1237.jpg

And Japan (but I think we're jumping ahead a bit here???)

IMG1238.jpg

IMG1240.jpg

IMG1241.jpg

IMG1242.jpg

Through America...

IMG1243.jpg

IMG1244.jpg

To Italy...

IMG1245.jpg

IMG1246.jpg

IMG1247_1.jpg

IMG1248.jpg

Until we arrived at our lunch destination!

We had a 2pm ADR at Tutto Italia. This is one place we found on our very first deluxe dining trip and have come back every time. We all love it. When Skye was little she called it "Little Knee" and it stuck...so we had lunch at little knee.

We checked in about five minutes early and were seated on time. Pretty close to center of the room. Tutto Italia is a beautiful restaurant.

IMG1253_1.jpg

IMG1250.jpg

IMG1251.jpg

Our server was Salvatore. He was fine. I find them rather hard to understand and quick speaking most of the time here. But for those of us simple folk who are not familiar on a regular basis with it, it makes things a little uncomfortable. But we get by.

We decided to only order three meals here. For appetizers Cary ordered the Minestrone con Tubetti - Spring vegetables, pancetta, pasta...

113.jpg

It was a lighter, more brothy soup that at Mama Melrose. He really enjoyed it.

Then For our other two appetizers we decided on the Grande Antipasto Misto - a generous platter of appetizers and specialties served family-style; serves two...

112.jpg

It actually served our whole table! There was a lot of food here. The kids snagged the fresh mozzarella and the salami and peperoni. I was left with prosciutto, olives, grains, garlics, you know, things they won't even try. We put a pretty good dent in the plate.

For food, Cary ordered the Lasagna alla Bolognese - Traditional preparation from Emilia Romagna with beef sauce, bechamel, Parmesan

114.jpg

He loved it but it was huge and filling. Tyler tried it (he's a lasagna freak lately!) and he liked it too. I think he left a little bit on the plate that he just couldn't finish!

The kids ordered the Spaghetti - Beef and veal meatballs, pomodoro sauce...

116.jpg

I don't think they have ever ordered anything else here...they are creatures of habit! I had to talk Tyler into sharing but there is always plenty!

I had the Pollo al Forno - Roasted chicken, rosemary, lemon, root vegetables...

115.jpg

The kids both helped with some of this. It was very good. I would definitely order this again!

And somewhere along the line Darth Tyler came to visit...

IMG1249.jpg

And his little sister, Darth Skyler.

IMG1252_1.jpg

For desserts we ordered three to share...

Vaniglia Gelati...

122.jpg

Raspberry Sorbetti...

216.jpg

And something I cannot find on the menu but it is listed on my receipt as Bacio al Cioccolato...

245.jpg

I don't know exactly what it was but it was good.

The gelati and sorbetti were very good and well flavored, cold and creamy. The Bacio al Cioccolato was the topper for it all.

Our drinks and water glasses were filled regularly by multiple servers. We never sat for long without something being refilled. They had no problem with us splitting three meals between the four of us. And we didn't even order four drinks! Skyler is a water drinker so she was happy with her water. Here and there I hear about people being told they cannot split here (as well as Via Napoli) but we have not had any problems. And the food is large portions so if you have a small person or a person with a small appetite, you can share here easily!

During dinner Cary went to use the rest room and had to rescue an elderly gentleman who had fallen in his stall. He was embarrassed and didn't want his family to know. Cary said it was awkward but what can you do??? We wondered why he was gone so long. He said the man looked ok by the time he left him in the bathroom...so I hope that held true!

We were actually here only a bit under an hour. It was not very crowded while we were in here and I never noticed anyone waiting to be seated. Service is friendly, if not a bit hard to understand...but no one seemed to have a problem repeating or clarifying things for us.

We love Tutto Italia. On the dining plan, it is a great option. I am cheap though so I don't know how much I'd value it out of pocket. However, we probably would not have gotten any appetizers out of pocket and most likely no dessert (as neither of them jump out at us to eat, especially with the World Showcase right outside) so maybe just drinks and entrees would work. But the food is good and the servings are large and in my house pasta is always a winner so maybe!

We will be back, I am sure. Tutto Italia is on my short list for Epcot!

TOTAL = $165.61 ... TOTAL FOOD = $3590.36
USED 3 CREDITS ... USED 82 MEAL CREDITS

Last edited:

After our quick stop for lunch we just hung out. My aches and pains were there but not bad. I was popping ibuprofen on a regular basis and riding in my chair most of the time. It still hurt if I jared it or took too deep a breath but otherwise, there was not worsening.

So we headed out into Italy again.

IMG1254_1.jpg

IMG1255.jpg

IMG1256.jpg

IMG1257.jpg

IMG1258.jpg

IMG1261.jpg

IMG1262.jpg

IMG1263.jpg

IMG1264.jpg

IMG1280_1.jpg

And then towards Germany...

IMG1265.jpg

IMG1266.jpg

IMG1267.jpg

IMG1268.jpg

IMG1269.jpg

IMG1271.jpg

IMG1272.jpg

IMG1273.jpg

IMG1274.jpg

IMG1275.jpg

IMG1276_1.jpg

IMG1277_1.jpg

IMG1278.jpg

IMG1279.jpg

IMG1281_1.jpg

IMG1282_1.jpg

IMG1283.jpg

IMG1285_2.jpg

IMG1286.jpg

We stopped in the Karamell-Kuche for a snack...

IMG1287.jpg

IMG1288.jpg

IMG1289.jpg

The huge turtle looking thing was awesome! I ate most of it.

The Caramel Popcorn was sticky and mushed together and chewy. We ate a little of it but I think most of it went in the garbage before we left for home.

I did not write down a price but we used two snack credits.

It was hot out and really not crowded at all. Lines were sometimes long but got general crowd movement, it really wasn't bad.

Last edited:
So we kept heading around World Showcase.

We arroved in China shortly! We love China...it is so pretty and the shopping is wonderful! And Tyler's girlfriend is adopted form China so he was looking for a gift for her.

IMG1290.jpg

IMG1291.jpg

IMG1292.jpg

IMG1293.jpg

IMG1294.jpg

IMG1296.jpg

IMG1297.jpg

IMG1298.jpg

IMG1299.jpg

IMG1300.jpg

IMG1302.jpg

IMG1303.jpg

IMG1304.jpg

IMG1305.jpg

We could spend all day in China...and all our money! LOL

Then we were off to explore a bit more of Norway. We miss the Maelstrom ride...I hope Frozen does not mess up this pavilion.

IMG1306.jpg

IMG1307.jpg

IMG1308.jpg

Skye had her eye on a fan from the time of Nutcracker. One of the dances (Spanish) uses fans and she was intrigued. So she bought herself one in China. It is wood and came in handy at various times throughout the rest of the trip.

just to show you what we've been concentrating on for the last two weeks...and tomorrow is Dance Fest at Great America...

On the way to pictures...

image_26.jpg

Her dress for pictures with her baby classes (she bought it for the daddy daughter dance she was not able to go to because of dress rehearsal and she thought it looked Cinderella-y).

image_27.jpg

Competition B/C ... Rockin at the House of Mouse...

image_28.jpg

With one of her babies...Beauty & The Beast...

image_29.jpg

Tap 6...not sure what this was from ...

image_31.jpg

Pointe 1 ...A Wall-E melody...

image_32.jpg

Ballet 6...Gift of a Friend...A Tinkerbelle Movie...she was Tink...there was a Peter Pan and all the other girls word the same dress in Purple.

image_33.jpg

Advanced Ballet...a song form Narnia...

image_34.jpg

Advanced Hip Hop...Got No Strings...

image_35.jpg

Advanced Jazz...Kings of New York medley...from Newsies...

image_36.jpg

Pointe 2 ... a song form the new Cinderella movie...

image_37.jpg

Performance Lyrical...A song form the new Maleficent Movie...

image_38.jpg

Performance Jazz...Circle of Life Lion King Medley...

image_39.jpg

Tomorrow Mickey, Maleficent, Lion King, and Newsies are performing. Then they have a competitor the week of July 5th where Mickey, Maleficent, Lion King and her solo are competing...actually it is two competitions...Regionals and Nationals all in the same week.

After the recital last Sunday...

image_40.jpg

She has a talent Show at school on Tuesday and took second place.

image_41.jpg

image_42.jpg

And the same day as pictures was prom...

image_30.jpg

It has been a fun filled month...last day of school is Friday so after that things should slow down a little!

I was crushed to read about your camera. I agree with a PP if they knew there was a problem in that area why hasn't it been taken care of or a warning.
I've enjoyed reading your report and good luck to Skyler with all her dances!

Awesome updates, and I love the current ones. You've got some busy kids! lol I love the Pointe 1 photo of your DD with the little girl in the back looking at her in awe!

Wow, what a fab report!! Cannot believe how much you cram in!! So sorry the pesky floor slab tried to harm you, but glad you were able not to let it ruin your trip. We are spending Christmas in the world this year and your pics have made me so excited!! And hungry lol

Well, this morning we had to put Cary's baby down. Nina was 15 years old and as of the last couple of days was feeling it. He took her into the vet this morning. He had to carry her because her one back leg was not supporting her. The vet said she had some lumps in there that could be cancer but she has been recently losing weight even though she's eating the same. She said it was just time. Cary is taking it very badly. The kids are at school but they knew he was going to take her today and that she probably was not coming home. We have only known her for the last 3ish years but she was our dog none-the-less. Skye cried last night and I am sure will be sad when she gets home and Nina's not there. But she is not longer in pain and can run and play again.

image_25.jpg

So sorry for your loss! Pets really are an important part of our lives and so hard to lose.

I'm also sorry to read about your fall! Not a fun way to spend Christmas in Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter