Christmas in October Help!

lmcbw

Earning My Ears
Hi! This is my first post here on the DISboards, I just registered this morning and I'm not quite sure where to post this, but here goes.

My little brother will be working for the Disney College Program from mid-August until January. He is going to be very good friends with some of the Disney Characters and we are so proud of him!

The only sad part is that he will be gone from home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Due to the nature of some family members jobs we are unable to take vacations from November until January, which leaves just two short months (September and October) when we can visit.

We do have a vacation planned in October which we are all so excited about!

I do need some help, though. My mother has had a photo taken of her kids (all four of us) with Santa every Christmas for the past 25 years. This will be the first Christmas that our brother won't be able to be home. We are trying to think of some creative ways to implement a "Christmas in Disney" for our family when Disney is celebrating Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Does anyone on the DISboards have any suggestions for getting creative down in the happiest place on earth? We'd love to give our Mom a Christmas experience she won't forget!

Hi! This is my first post here on the DISboards, I just registered this morning and I'm not quite sure where to post this, but here goes.

My little brother will be working for the Disney College Program from mid-August until January. He is going to be very good friends with some of the Disney Characters and we are so proud of him!

The only sad part is that he will be gone from home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Due to the nature of some family members jobs we are unable to take vacations from November until January, which leaves just two short months (September and October) when we can visit.

We do have a vacation planned in October which we are all so excited about!

I do need some help, though. My mother has had a photo taken of her kids (all four of us) with Santa every Christmas for the past 25 years. This will be the first Christmas that our brother won't be able to be home. We are trying to think of some creative ways to implement a "Christmas in Disney" for our family when Disney is celebrating Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween.

Does anyone on the DISboards have any suggestions for getting creative down in the happiest place on earth? We'd love to give our Mom a Christmas experience she won't forget!

Go to Downtown Disney to the Christmas shop and buy an ornament. Also, there is an area there set up for a photo-op with fake snow and stuff.

Go to Blizzard Beach... it is a wintery theme and they play Christmas music!

Have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern - it is family style and turkey/pot roast food. So very Christmas dinner-y.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head!

Yes, I second that idea. :thumbsup2 You'll get a fabulous Christmas family photo there. Here's a pic of it:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/44643524

We've used this spot too. It's great!

And one of the mini-golf places is also Christmas-themed:

Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course is a miniature, elf–sized golf course consisting of 2 Santa Claus–themed courses: the Snow Course and the Sand Course. ...The Snow Course invites you to participate in 18–holes of challenging fun — which, in addition to Santa and his elves, includes some of your favorite Disney Characters — as you putt your way to the North Hole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter