Christmas in November?

smacky1

DIS Veteran
We want to visit when the parks have all of their christmas decorations up and were planning on early december. Now Im wondering if mid november might be a better choice. Are all the decorations up by then? I was thinking either the week before Thanksgiving or the week following Thanksgiving which would go into December. Thanks.

They usually start decorating the week before the first MVMCP. Garland, wreaths, poinsetteas, lights--but not trees. Trees usually pop up the morning of Thanksgiving.

The Osbourne Lights are turning on early this year--I think the second week of November. In the past, they have been turned on as late as Thanksgiving day.

Special displays at the resorts have always been up before Thanksgiving--like the gingerbread house at the GF.

November is a great time at WDW but if you are looking for all the holiday magic but not travel in December, I would suggest the week before Thanksgiving. You'll see lots of holiday magic, be able to attend MVMCP and see the Osbourne Lights.

Candlelight Processional at Epcot is one of our must-do Christmas events and it does not start until after Thanksgiving.
I assume that you are considering 2010 because 2009 will be pretty much fully booked at DVC resorts for the times you are considering.

We were there last year in early November. The decorations just started coming out and we actually were able to attend Mickey's first scheduled Christmas Party.

I got married the week before Thanksgiving (11/19), at Wilderness Lodge. There were definitely Christmas decorations up, including the large tree in the lobby.

Yes, I am planning ahead to 2010. Thanks for the responses. It sounds like there is some early stuff, but if I want the full effect of everything than waiting until after Thanksgiving is best.

I will let you know, I am there the 11/6-11/12. I will be attending the first night of MVMCP on 11/11, and it looks like the Osborne lights are getting turned on that day also.

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter